Wii Technical Problems

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Dew
Mayks now sents!
Mayks now sents!
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Wii Technical Problems

Post by Dew »

I've been having some problems with my Wii and I'm debating on whether or not to send it to Nintendo for repairs. Firstly I noticed it's been locking up more and more often, usually when going from a disc game to a virtual console game or vice versa.

And today, I noticed my eject button doesn't click anymore, like when you press it it still works and everything, but it doesn't even feel like I'm pressing it. I noticed this oddly enough after I'd finished Twilight Princess.

I'm thinking if I don't send it to Nintendo soon these problems might get worse and my warranty might be out, hell it may already be, I bought it back in January. What do you guys think?
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

Send it.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Ask for a refund.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Of course you should send it. What other sensible alternative is there?
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Your warranty is good for a year, so send it while you have the chance.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

You might be able to return it to the store although you might wait awhile for them to actually have another in stock going that route.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Dew
Mayks now sents!
Mayks now sents!

Post by Dew »

Veggita2099 wrote:You might be able to return it to the store although you might wait awhile for them to actually have another in stock going that route.
I bought it at Wal-Mart in some hicktown so that's not gonna happen, secondly I'll loose my virtual console stuff, so yeah BAD IDEA. Plus I've heard if I send it into Nintendo they put all my stuff back on it. Still I'm gonna backup all of my saves and stuff to an SD card.

I've heard nothing but good things about Nintendo of America replacing Wiis. I'm gonna contact them once I get home from college and ship it out.
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Yonke »

send it to Nintendo......
mine got exchanged for a new one in a few days.........
Phantom
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Phantom »

I also have a problem with my Wii, it won't play gamecube games. :|
"Nothing works" - Catweazle
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

You get an extension on your warranty if you register it at mynintendo. I'm actually waiting for the warranty on my wii to expire before doing any kind of mods on it (warez ftw)
firewire1394
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by firewire1394 »

my wii mote has no player 4 blue led.. it fucking pisses me off. people rag on sony for using shit parts in their products. at least i know when they're turned on :lol: it is a small thing, but i wanna sell that wii and won't get as much for it if it has something wrong with it. :?
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Get it fixed.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Dew
Mayks now sents!
Mayks now sents!

Post by Dew »

firewire1394 wrote:my wii mote has no player 4 blue led.. it fucking pisses me off. people rag on sony for using shit parts in their products. at least i know when they're turned on :lol: it is a small thing, but i wanna sell that wii and won't get as much for it if it has something wrong with it. :?
Are you sure it's not your batteries? If you press a button on the wii mote while the wii is off, the leds will light to indicate battery level, 4 lights is full, 3 lights is about 75%, etc.
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

Dew wrote:
firewire1394 wrote:my wii mote has no player 4 blue led.. it fucking pisses me off. people rag on sony for using shit parts in their products. at least i know when they're turned on :lol: it is a small thing, but i wanna sell that wii and won't get as much for it if it has something wrong with it. :?
Are you sure it's not your batteries? If you press a button on the wii mote while the wii is off, the leds will light to indicate battery level, 4 lights is full, 3 lights is about 75%, etc.
I never knew that until the second week i owned the system. You even do it when the wii is off. lol.

The only wii related problem I have is sometimes the remote will stop working after I go to the 'shop channel' or the 'everybody votes' channel. When that happens I have to re-sync the thing which sucks.
Have you played dreamcast today?
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Dew wrote:
:o I never realized that!
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Sometimes, when its been awhile since I've played/used the wiimote, the batteries are dead the next time I actually play. Other than that minor gripe, I've logged several hours on mine with no glitches or problems.