Starcraft...

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Starcraft...

Post by DaMadFiddler »

http://au.pc.ign.com/articles/779/779920p1.html
US, April 11, 2007 - Put on your skeptical goggles because rumors are swirling that StarCraft 2 is finally a reality. The Team Liquid forums have translated an article from Korean site Fighter Forum that says StarCraft 2 is on the way and a beta will be released at the end of 2007.

According to Fighter Forum, StarCraft 2 continues the story of the original and adds a new race based on Kerrigan, making a total of four races. While that wouldn't be totally off the mark, we figured the new race would be more the super-race mix between Zerg and Protoss rather than Zerg and Terran or at least the mystically advanced Xel'Naga. The three older tribes will each be receiving around two additional units.

The report also claims that Blizzard plans to shut down its original StarCraft servers in order to ensure the success of the sequel.

As popular as StarCraft was on these shores, it doesn't come close to the enthusiasm the game still enjoys in Asia, where televised, professional matches are held regularly. Blizzard has an event coming up in Korea where they are expected to make a large announcement, so it could very well be that the company has chosen the area where StarCraft is the most popular to announce its sequel.

As of this writing, Blizzard could not be reached for comment.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Starcraft is Koreas national sport. Trufax.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Nyarlathotep wrote:Starcraft is Koreas national sport. Trufax.
It may as well be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJSMmyrxiIw

:o
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

lol, was wondering if there ever would be SC2

mate of mine is gonna go apeshit when he hears this, hes been playing for years, and still does, he is pretty good, but still nowhere near those koreans
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Starcraft was a pretty good game. I liked the overall theme of Warcraft 2 better (and the ease of the editor). However Starcraft I thought was more toned to my skill level and made for interesting gameplay.

I just wish more RTS games would make editors as easy to use as Warcraft 2. I bet I have played 50+ homemade user levels co-op with friends of mine with Warcraft 2. Newer RTS games just about require programming skills to do the simplest of things. I mean in Warcraft 3 I never could figure out how to get a enemy peon to build a city and launch land attacks.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665