Confirmed: New NiGHTS Game To Show Up On The Nintendo Wii!

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Green Ranger
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Confirmed: New NiGHTS Game To Show Up On The Nintendo Wii!

Post by Green Ranger »

Go Go Power Rangers!!!
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

"Source = Spong"

:cry: :roll:
Green Ranger
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Green Ranger »

What's wrong with Spong? Are they not a reliable source? :|
Go Go Power Rangers!!!
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

not often, no, especially with 'exclusives' :|
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

I'd hate to see Sega ruin NiGHTS...
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

SEGA knows how much a Nights sequel is wanted. Even if this lead turns out to be false, the attention it generates is a clear indication to them that a Nights game would do well.
Rumors reached its peek
"Definatly" reliable journalism.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

butters wrote:I'd hate to see Sega ruin NiGHTS...
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I must say I have little faith in Sega ATM. Far as I am concerned they have not released a blockbuster grade A title since.... well Nights into Dreams 1 now that I think of it. Im not saying they have not released decent games since then I mean I enjoyed Sonic Adventure 1, but like I said they have not had anything fantasic since then.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

[quote="impetus"]SEGA knows how much a Nights sequel is wanted.[quote]
they also know how much shenmue 3 is wanted, but dont expect that anytime soon.

im sure there will be a new nights game on the wii, but i dont consider that source an actual announcement but instead a hoax.
TyBO
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by TyBO »

Veggita2099 wrote:I must say I have little faith in Sega ATM. Far as I am concerned they have not released a blockbuster grade A title since.... well Nights into Dreams 1 now that I think of it.
Shenmue? Jet Set Radio? Skies of Arcadia? Virtua Fighter 4 and 5? Astro Boy: Omega Factor?

I don't think Sega's good game run ended after NiGHTS. I do think however, that Sega's been putting out a lot more crap ever since they decided to go 3rd party... especially Sonic Team. Sadly, Sonic Team made the original NiGHTS, and if there is in fact a sequel coming, they will probably be asked to make it. Let's hope there's still enough creative talent there to create a respectible sequel.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

with the exception of the new sonic game for the wii, Sega has disgraced the Sonic franchise. Case in point: Sonic for xbox360 and ps3.
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

Good news. Stuff like this makes me want to pick up a Wii next year if I ever get back into playing single-plyer stuff.

Now lets hope they dont butcher it like they've done with the Sonic, Phantasy Star, and Shining Force franchises. :(
Last edited by Eckostyle on Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

Whee, let's get news of a game and be forced to wait 2 years for it to be deved! I love this cat and mouse game the studios have going.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Well, Yuji Naka, Tetsuya Mizuguchi (along with most of the UGA team), and the Visual Concepts team (now 2k Sports) are all gone...so is it really a surprise that quality has suffered? These are the people and groups that furnished most of their big console and arcade hits from the late 80s through the Dreamcast era, and they have left the company as a result of the restructuring and buy-out. All they really have left as far as major creative forces are Yu Suzuki and the former AM2 team.
JKKDARK
Choking On Cock 24/7
Choking On Cock 24/7

Post by JKKDARK »

Another game with poor quality :|
RMD
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RMD »

Where is Yuki Naka move to anyways?
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

RMD wrote:Where is Yuki Naka move to anyways?
Might want to double-check that sentence ;)

He started his own game development company, called Prope. They have a close partnership with Sega, but are independent. More details here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PROPE
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

DaMadFiddler wrote:Well, Yuji Naka, Tetsuya Mizuguchi (along with most of the UGA team), and the Visual Concepts team (now 2k Sports) are all gone...so is it really a surprise that quality has suffered? These are the people and groups that furnished most of their big console and arcade hits from the late 80s through the Dreamcast era, and they have left the company as a result of the restructuring and buy-out. All they really have left as far as major creative forces are Yu Suzuki and the former AM2 team.
What they are doing right now is a step of expansion.

1) They have Rieko Kodama (creator of Skies Of Arcadia, Altered Beast and a member of the orignal Phantasy Star series as well as several other classis Sega titles) who is still working as the head of Sega WoW (merged with overworks + wow entertainment).

2) They have Yu Suzuki and his new independent studio (imagine Clover) known as AMplus they are working on Shenmue-Online and they released the 'Sega DS' game Psy-Phi.

3) They have Yuji Naka with his new independent studio PROPE, which is probably working on NiGHTS(as Sonic Team denied any involvment in a NiGHTS project in Feburary in an interview with Kikizo).

they also have Tashiro Nagoshi and several other inhouse teams. As for Tetsuya he will make a game with Sega as soon as he needs the money.
Most of the orignal Sega Boys & Girls are more centered around the Arcade these days except Nagoshi San and Sonic Team.

Sega is also buying(and making) several western studios.
Such as Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Secret Level and the latest Sega Driving Studio composed of orignal members and new western ones (something like a mordern STI) who are currently working on Sega Rally 2007.

So basically next time do a little homework before making a comment.

Sorry for gramatical errors in advance.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

BILAL_XIA wrote:they released the 'Sega DS' game Psy-Phi.
Was it finally released?
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

BILAL_XIA wrote:So basically next time do a little homework before making a comment.
What I said was completely accurate, within the realm of its scope. Excuse me for not detailing the history of everyone who's ever worked for the company ;)

The point I was making, which I think *most* people picked up on, is this:

The quality of Sega's games as a whole, even (some might say "especially") in their respected franchises, has been very hit-or-miss for the last several years, and downright poor (generally speaking) for the last couple.

Sega has massively restructured itself, and taken away independence from a lot of its (former) teams. It even sold off one of its highly successful studios. In the process, two of the company's biggest creative minds left to form their own companies, which--while having ties to Sega--are not part of Sega. And both of them took a lot of their old Sega teams with them.

The combination of the restructuring and the loss of major players within the company's creative force are the most likely explanations for the decline in game quality.

That's all I was trying to say. The facts are accurate, and I feel the assertions are well grounded. Of course they have other teams and creative energies left. But the big three "rockstar" names for Sega have typically been Yu Suzuki, Yuji Naka, and (in the last decade or so) Tetsuya Mizuguchi. Two of those three have left the company, and they took their teams with them.

By arguing, you seem to be suggesting that the quality decline at Sega is imagined. There is really little doubt that Sega's current lineup of titles as a group is not as strong as it was five years ago (after the Dreamcast but before the restructure), or that it was even stronger going further backwards. That is kind of the definition of decline.