wii availability? (and game recommendations?)

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Veggita2099 »

Matisfaction wrote:I've read mixed reviews on CoD3 for the Wii, some criticizing the graphics and some the control system.

I've got the first two on mac so i'm in two minds weather to get it for Wii or wait for the mac version.
I have been playing it on Xbox 360. Needless to say Graphics are a heck of a lot better. While I haven't played COD3 on Wii I don't think Id like the controls for it at all.

Far as the game goes I agree its annoying having the same enemy respawn over and over again while you try to complete your objective. The driving controls are not all that great either. The only real plus is COD3 seems abit less monotonous as COD2. Seemed like in COD2 you was just constantly going through some boring area with the same routine. You move up, find cover, shoot, repeat. COD3 has a lot of this granted, but they throw a few other things in every so often to break from the same routine.

While the games are enjoyable enough to play through I really don't think ID have actually bought them. Call of Duty 2 came with my system and I am borrowing COD3 from my friend mainly for the achievement points.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

There are plenty wii titles to keep me busy, but I'm looking forward to the smash bros game and the mario galaxy game. There are also sposed to be some kind of device that keeps the wiimote charged, kinda like the play and charge kit for the 360, and in all honesty, if nintendo decides to bring out newer wiis in different colours, like black,I might sell my launch one for it.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Smiley wrote:There are plenty wii titles to keep me busy, but I'm looking forward to the smash bros game and the mario galaxy game. There are also sposed to be some kind of device that keeps the wiimote charged, kinda like the play and charge kit for the 360, and in all honesty, if nintendo decides to bring out newer wiis in different colours, like black,I might sell my launch one for it.
Impetus is holding out for black. I was holding out for black and a price drop, but given the continuing pattern of immediate sell-out, it looks like I may have to bite the bullet on that one.

As far as charge kits, I think this may be what you're referring to:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802574

That seems to be the best one. It includes two battery paks, and a charge dock that holds two controllers at a time, for $30.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

DaMadFiddler wrote:
Smiley wrote:There are plenty wii titles to keep me busy, but I'm looking forward to the smash bros game and the mario galaxy game. There are also sposed to be some kind of device that keeps the wiimote charged, kinda like the play and charge kit for the 360, and in all honesty, if nintendo decides to bring out newer wiis in different colours, like black,I might sell my launch one for it.
Impetus is holding out for black. I was holding out for black and a price drop, but given the continuing pattern of immediate sell-out, it looks like I may have to bite the bullet on that one.

As far as charge kits, I think this may be what you're referring to:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802574

That seems to be the best one. It includes two battery paks, and a charge dock that holds two controllers at a time, for $30.
Yes, that's the charge kit that I spoke of. I was browsing Circuit City the other day after work, and saw a wireless sensor bar for the wii, that pending me figuring out how to make my current one wireless, I might buy.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

I should have done the same on the 360. As of today the black one is all but confirmed. :wink:
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

impetus wrote:I should have done the same on the 360. As of today the black one is all but confirmed. :wink:
You got a pretty good deal, though, as I recall.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

Yeah, and actually the black 360 is kinda pricey.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

And *still* ugly as sin :P

IMHO, the 360 is aesthetically the ugliest console since the PCEngine & SNES.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

DaMadFiddler wrote:And *still* ugly as sin :P

IMHO, the 360 is aesthetically the ugliest console since the PCEngine & SNES.
You're nuts.
Image Image

and just for fun
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I don't think the GC is that bad, the black is nice. The silver is nicer. But that N64 is horrible! :lol:
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

Skynet wrote: But that N64 is horrible! :lol:
We sold the hell out of them at walmart back in the day.It was a great scam by nintendo. They sold the n64 with 2 controllers for 99 and that with 1 controller for $129 I believe.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Yeah, I wasn't counting special editions of things. The Halo Xbox was pretty ugly, too.

But the black and platinum GameCubes don't look bad at all.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

SuperMegatron wrote:
Skynet wrote: But that N64 is horrible! :lol:
We sold the hell out of them at walmart back in the day.It was a great scam by nintendo. They sold the n64 with 2 controllers for 99 and that with 1 controller for $129 I believe.
I'd imagine kids would bug the shit out of their parents until they got them one though. Well played Nintendo.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800