Ikaruga Headed to Xbox Live Arcade

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Ikaruga Headed to Xbox Live Arcade

Post by DaMadFiddler »

...I don't really think any further explanation is necessary. But for those here who couldn't find it for 'Cube (I managed to pick it up on clearance a couple years ago) or DC, it's a good opportunity to play what is quite probably the single greatest vertical shooter ever created.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ar ... ?id=158009
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

And that's my queue to quickly sell my Gamecube version while I can still make a good profit on it. I'll never part with my Dreamcast version, though.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

Castlevania SOTN is going to XBLA...eventually. All anyone knows is that it will be the first quarter of this year. Fiscal, calendar who knows.
melancholy wrote:And that's my queue to quickly sell my Gamecube version while I can still make a good profit on it. I'll never part with my Dreamcast version, though.
OMG YOU MEAN CUE OLOLASi09fbsiudgasg.</asshattery>
A few fries short of a happy meal.
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

SOTN and Ikaruga? Im so glad I bought this system.

Now, all we need is Gunstar Heroes and S. Mirage, and we're golden.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

It's hilarious how 'IKARUGA CONFIRMED!' is the headline they generated from that news story.

C+VG stole the news from Something Awful but I love how they pretend they have access to the Partnernet 'to confirm'.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I like how they're getting newer, non-XBLA exclusives, but shooters aren't my thing at all.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Freaky Keneaki wrote:I like how they're getting newer, non-XBLA exclusives, but shooters aren't my thing at all.
They aren't mine either, but Ikaruga is such an outstanding shooter that it's worthwhile to try out.
It's thinking...
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Online rankings FTW.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

While I never cared for this game I think this is great for people who just want to play the game. The game was overpriced IMO. I mean to import the Dreamcast version it was what like $60 to $70 bucks? I imagine the Gamecube version was at least $40 new? Not going to go into a debate about my fealings again over it, but personally it was just another Shooter to me. Any how once again this is great news for shooter fans.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Darksaviour69
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Darksaviour69 »

Nyarlathotep wrote:It's hilarious how 'IKARUGA CONFIRMED!' is the headline they generated from that news story.

C+VG stole the news from Something Awful but I love how they pretend they have access to the Partnernet 'to confirm'.
i think Eurogamer had the news first, (well they had it before CVG)
RMD
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RMD »

If this doesnt have 2 player online mode I will be highly dissopointed.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

RMD wrote:If this doesnt have 2 player online mode I will be highly dissopointed.
I doubt that'll be an issue. I loved the hell out of Ikaruga. In all honesty, I never enjoyed vertical shooters until I played Ikaruga. It's a brilliant game, and even though I have the DC import, whenever I pick up a 360, I'll definately be getting this game.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Veggita2099 wrote:While I never cared for this game I think this is great for people who just want to play the game. The game was overpriced IMO. I mean to import the Dreamcast version it was what like $60 to $70 bucks? I imagine the Gamecube version was at least $40 new? Not going to go into a debate about my fealings again over it, but personally it was just another Shooter to me. Any how once again this is great news for shooter fans.
For a while, Gamestop was trying to unload them for $18 new. That's when I got mine :D
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Darksaviour69 wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:It's hilarious how 'IKARUGA CONFIRMED!' is the headline they generated from that news story.

Oh boy, aren't you good at tracking sources.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

Juan wrote:
Darksaviour69 wrote:

Oh boy, aren't you good at tracking sources.
But somewhere along the line Bizzaro posted it so the other sources don't matter.

Wish they'd give a release date to SOTN though.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Darksaviour69 wrote:

I doubt it, Eurogamer are absolutely brilliant for reviews but very slow on news (except for their live feeds from various press conferences which own all).

Most games sites steal all their news from NeoGAF nowadays tbh.
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Re: Ikaruga Headed to Xbox Live Arcade

Post by politoe »

Though this was worth a bump.
Ikaruga for Xbox Live Arcade
Good news on this front. Maegawa mentioned that the development team working on it is actually adding worldwide rankings, online co-op play, and the ability to share movies of your best play sessions.
and other Treasure related news.
Xbox 360 Shooter
And now for some bad news. According to Maegawa, this one's taking a lot longer than they had anticipated since Xbox 360 development requires a lot of resources. The other reason? Some of the team working on it are actually handling the port of Ikaruga for Xbox Live Arcade. The sense we got is that it may be a while until we see the game. Kind of a bummer, since this is regarded as the third game in the Radiant Silvergun/Ikaruga series (though Maegawa has said all along that it's different enough so as to not technically be a sequel or spiritual successor).

Another Xbox Live Arcade game?
Last time we spoke Maegawa had mentioned there was a possibility that the untitled Xbox 360 shooter could be made available for download via Xbox Live Marketplace. But when we spoke today, he mentioned that Treasure wants to develop an original title for Marketplace -- whether this is the shooter or a different game entirely wasn't clear.
source: 1up
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Ikaruga>radiant silvergun. I have the one for the gamecube because I love treasure, love shooters, and love atari (the one for the cube was published by them)
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

They need to get Gunstar Heroes and Dynamite Headdy up on XBLA.