Some questions about Xbox 360...

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Some questions about Xbox 360...

Post by Luriden »

I'm a bit confused about how to stream video to it, or if I even can. Online, I'm seeing that a Media Center PC is required, but I see an option greyed out on my 360 that says a Windows PC underneath where it says Media Center PC. Can I stream video and music to my 360 without Media Center?

What's the average battery life for the Wireless controller? I've only played it a few hours and the battery icon on my dashboard is already almost halfway done. Maybe they're just cheap batteries that came with it, but I didn't think Rayovac were cheap.

What are some good Xbox Live Arcade games that you all play? The most popular Live-multiplayer enabled Arcade game? I'm considering getting Lumines sometime in the near future once I hock some games at Gamestop.

On the center button dashboard, it has an option for Select Music while you're playing a game or whatever, but when I choose a song it just plays that song over and over without going to the next song. If I want it to go to the next song, do I have to make a playlist?
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Re: Some questions about Xbox 360...

Post by sixteen-bit »

Freaky Keneaki wrote:Can I stream video and music to my 360 without Media Center?
Yes. You'll need something like TVersity
Freaky Keneaki wrote:What's the average battery life for the Wireless controller?
20 hours or so? Also, I've grown to ignore that meter: It's never accurate and is up and down like a bad joke.
Freaky Keneaki wrote:What are some good Xbox Live Arcade games that you all play?
  • Geometry Wars - Hard but fun
    Marble Blast Ultra - Pretty decent: 80 single player levels plus multiplayer. Worth 800 points? Try the demo first.
    Bejewled 2 (yes, bejewled) - Infinite mode is perfect to just kick back with and kill half an hour
Freaky Keneaki wrote:If I want it to go to the next song, do I have to make a playlist?
I think when you drill down to that single song you've just chosen to play it solo. I'm sure there's a "Play Album" option in there before you get to specific songs?
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Re: Some questions about Xbox 360...

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Freaky Keneaki wrote:The most popular Live-multiplayer enabled Arcade game?
Uno. By far.

Its consistently in the top ten most played games on xbox live.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

I've played through all of GoW, and at least 3 days ingame time of Dead Rising and more because I had it at a friends house for quite a while.

I'd say my set of AAs has lasted me at least 20 hours with no sign of death.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

my original AAs are still in there, and i think ive easily logged 20 hours, i picked up a play and charge kit with the 360, but havent needed it yet

the meter on the dashboard is useless for battery life
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007