Lets say the tp zelda came out first would we have the wind

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
Elysian Shadows Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by GyroVorbis »

Wagh wrote:
GyroVorbis wrote:
Wagh wrote:I'm not.
You're right! Zelda was always cel shaded, Link was always the same age, and Nintendo's consoles were always the same targetted audience!
Don't get bent out of shape :|

The zelda games have all played the same dispite how it's presented. That's why people buy them. It's just fun to see how many different ways they can tell the story.
I guess you're right. I dunno. Something about me just loves the Twilight-style Zelda games. It's not that I hate Wind Waker, but I tend to be a bit less enthusiastic about its presentation.
Ceeg
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Ceeg »

I hated the way Windwaker looked and vowed i wouldn't get it unless i got it for free which i day and played for a few hours and never touched it again. The whole cute looking enemies and characters along with cel shaded graphics turned me off.
XtremeWRATH-360 Gamertag
donnonotin
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by donnonotin »

GyroVorbis wrote:Before everybody gets pissed that I'm judging the Gamecube as a kiddie console, remember that that's how Nintendo marketted it. If you think that the median age group for GC players isn't significantly lower, you're in denial.
"Mature" is far less fun. Bottom Line
I would rather play in a ball pit than drink a cup of coffee any day. And that's the main difference between beating up old people and being the old person getting beat up.

But in all seriousness the game play is where it counts. I have the 360 because I thought that the Gamecube was "childish" and the xbox was more for older people, but the truth of the matter is that the 360 is boring. I mean I'm 17 right now but even as a grown ass man I wouldn't be like "Oh, this is too childish for me to play."
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

I want physical evidence that Twilight princess and phantom hourglass is the last zelda game. I can't believe that.
Have you played dreamcast today?
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

GyroVorbis wrote:Before everybody gets pissed that I'm judging the Gamecube as a kiddie console, remember that that's how Nintendo marketted it. If you think that the median age group for GC players isn't significantly lower, you're in denial.
Compared to what? Previous Nintendo consoles or competitors? I honestly don't think the target audience for the Gamecube was any different from the other Nintendo consoles. I don't think that the PS2 or Xbox was necessarily marketed to an older age group, but a group with different personalities than any kid would have. For example, the Xbox to me always seemed to attract Mountain Dew drinkers and marijuana users. Not too many of them are kids, so naturally the kids don't flock to the Xbox.
It's thinking...
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

So they make a grand total of two games that have a darker palette (OoT and MM) and suddenly that's the way it's always been?

Link has always been on the young side. In ALttP and LA, people refer to him as "kid" and other Hyrulians are usually given significantly larger sprites showing that Link hasn't reached his full growth yet.
No signature.