Looks like we'll be playing Halo 3 sooner than you think

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Looks like we'll be playing Halo 3 sooner than you think

Post by Lunchbox »

Public BETA coming in the spring :D

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/746/746139p1.html
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

:jawdrop: |/|
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

Heh you beat me to the post, that along wiht new maps for Halo 2. Damn Microsoft knows how to get me to get a 360. Im wanting the 65 nm though.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Let me be the first to say that Halo was/is overrated. Aside from Some differences to earlier games in the genre, it doesn't do anything that hasn't been done before and better in previous fps.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Smiley wrote:Let me be the first to say that Halo was/is overrated. Aside from Some differences to earlier games in the genre, it doesn't do anything that hasn't been done before and better in previous fps.
Maybe you'll like Halo 3?
popley
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by popley »

They should make the new halo2 maps for both xbox and xbox360. I don't have a 360 and don't plan to buy one anytime soon. It is a xbox game after all, and what would that do to match making, if more than half of the people that play halo 2 don't have the new maps.
"It's only after we've lost everything, that we are truly free to do anything." Fight Club

http://www.geocities.com/nesterdcgamecodes
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

Let me be the first to say that Halo was/is overrated. Aside from Some differences to earlier games in the genre, it doesn't do anything that hasn't been done before and better in previous fps.
the only FPS that has changed anything in the past 8 years was HL2.

I think the popularity of Halo on xbox was because it was the first major console LAN game, and an easy game to learn. As far as deathmatch on halo i cant stand it really. Deathmatch is for games like UT and Quake. But Ive never played a game online that has the organization that halo 2 has on xbox live of a team working together.

though bungie is saying its microsofts call on the 360 only release, and of course they are trying to boost sales. Give it time and one of two things will probably happen.

1. 360 maps go free and it becomes available to download for a price on xbox to keep sales going.
2. bungie decides to release a new "map pack" to buy in stores when all the maps are free for 360.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

Let me be the first to say Halo is not over rated. Why does a game have to do things that have "never been done before" to be considered good? Can't it just do these "things" better than anyone else? Throw in an unmatched online console community and you got yourself a winner.

I can't remember playing any FPS for console, besides Metroid Prime but that's kind of cheating, that allowed such accuracy and precision with the controls. Infact that is typically why I'm a keyboard and mouse man for FPS.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

Smiley wrote:Let me be the first to say that Halo was/is overrated. Aside from Some differences to earlier games in the genre, it doesn't do anything that hasn't been done before and better in previous fps.
And? Halo and Halo 2 were the first and essentially the only console game that pushed people out to buy networking equipment solely to play the game with multiple consoles with many other people. The PS2's networking came as too little too late and featuring decent online games for the multiplayer type such as Resident Evil Outbreak and MGS3. However I know of noone who gets together for GT4 or Mario Kart Double Dash matches. Someone probably does somewhere, but I know of plenty of instances for Halo and Halo 2, enough that they do it in an empty portable at my old HS at least once weekly.

Someone once said something along the lines of "Every story has already been written and the new ones are just variations upon the old". Calling halo overrated is the defense mechanism for those who force themslves not to play it for fear of some form of contamination. People do get together for CS:S and RTS titles, but you won't find another console game with it's multiplayer that drives people as well as Halo does.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Mario Kart Double Dash matches
If only it were that simple. If Nintendo had supported netplay for GC we could all be doing that. Sure it is available with tunneling software, but it shouldn't be needed. If Nintendo set MK: DD for online play, I would be all for it!
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

I have an xbox, have played both Halos. And while I liked them, I just can't understand their popularity. Thus, why I called them overrated.

I do agree with skynet about his point about dd.

Gameplay-wise, aside from weilding double weapons in the second Halo, everything's been done before and BETTER with the Doom/Quake/any other id fps.

And imo, Metroid Prime 1 and 2> both Halos
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

This sounds interesting. Personaly, I'm not a big Halo fan, and I also believe it's one of the most overrated games of all time, but I don't think it's a bad game. I think the controls are what made it so successful. It was one of the first FPS's to make affective use of an analogue controller, which is nothing to sneeze at. Beyond the console-friendly controls...the game is an average first person shooter, IMO. If some of my friends get together for a Halo party, I'll go, I'll play, and I'll have fun, but I'd rather play Timesplitters or a good PC FPS.
Darksaviour69
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Darksaviour69 »

i think halo is maybe a little over rated, but not by much, it was a classic game and did change gaming, look how many games have used the "30s of fun, again and again" idea since.

Metroid Prime is a great game, but comparing them to halo is stupid, as they are very very different games.
popley
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by popley »

Halo 2 is one of the best online game i have played, I've been addicted to it for 2 years now, playing almost every night. I think it's great for mulit-player, i don't really care about the single player in halo, that not the reason i bought it.
"It's only after we've lost everything, that we are truly free to do anything." Fight Club

http://www.geocities.com/nesterdcgamecodes
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

I didnt like metroid prime. I liked the DS one for a handheld but that was it. I completely agree with APE.
Halo and Halo 2 were the first and essentially the only console game that pushed people out to buy networking equipment solely to play the game with multiple consoles with many other people.
stagg
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by stagg »

popley wrote:Halo 2 is one of the best online game i have played, I've been addicted to it for 2 years now, playing almost every night. I think it's great for mulit-player, i don't really care about the single player in halo, that not the reason i bought it.
I am the same way with Gears right now, fucking amazing.
RMD
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RMD »

I'm on the overrated fan side of Halo. Don't get me wrong its an ok game but nothing fantastic. The only feature it defanitly forced into popular gaming is the life regeneration system vs having health bars. I think it plays to slow compared to unreal or quake and lack common sense features like quick turn around or hold and lock. Now on to Halo 3. I laugh at this being a flagship 360 game and looking that fucking crappy. Gears is a whole year ahead of it and kills it. In fact tons of 360 games out right now look much better than it. Its just fucking halo 2 in 1080p.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

APE wrote:
And? Halo and Halo 2 were the first and essentially the only console game that pushed people out to buy networking equipment solely to play the game with multiple consoles with many other people. The PS2's networking came as too little too late and featuring decent online games for the multiplayer type such as Resident Evil Outbreak and MGS3. However I know of noone who gets together for GT4 or Mario Kart Double Dash matches. Someone probably does somewhere, but I know of plenty of instances for Halo and Halo 2, enough that they do it in an empty portable at my old HS at least once weekly.

Someone once said something along the lines of "Every story has already been written and the new ones are just variations upon the old". Calling halo overrated is the defense mechanism for those who force themslves not to play it for fear of some form of contamination. People do get together for CS:S and RTS titles, but you won't find another console game with it's multiplayer that drives people as well as Halo does.
Great post.

Also, the immediate suction Halo had on the user from the moment he or she touched it, was the fact that it was the first console FPS since Goldeneye... that actually WORKED. Great controls and gameplay were two of the biggest factors. Add those to easy networking and online play... and you have yourself a hit.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

I am actually installing the first one on my PC, and going to finally play it for the first time. I can't wait.