xbox lot value

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

xbox lot value

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:28 pm

hi guys, got a question for you, what is the current market value for an xbox with 20-22 games?

my xbox has been acting up, giving DREs on perfectly mint game discs and all, checking the 360 compatibility list made me realize some of my fav games wont be playable if i get a 360, and i dont feel for spending 150 bucks on a new xbox just for a few games, so im thinking of possibly selling the lot off, maybe keep one or two games in case i ever get a 360

also, any good ideas for a gaming system to replace my xbox? i am planning on a Wii, have a cube, dislike sony etc...

also on the topic of the 360, so far how high is the average percentage of hardware failure? i personally think its unacceptable a two year old xbox cant play most games for even half an hour without a DRE (fucking thomson DVD drive), so i am sort of questioning MS as a hardware vendor

bleh, crappy xbox
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
Ominous 0nionfrog
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Ominous 0nionfrog » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:41 pm

I'd just get a replacement thompson drive...
I dont really know what gaming system to suggest.. Softmodded Xbox is ace.. Icant think of anything to compete with that...
jaredfogle wrote: Every time you jack off, you kill thousands of "people."
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:39 pm

A cheap replacement dvd drive (samsung or even phillips) would be cheaper than buying another, me thinks.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:57 am

yeah i suppose it would, but those buggers still cost 70-80 euros here, and thomson is not an option, im not getting another one of those crapfests

i might try to softmod too, if i can back my games up to the hdd, the dvd drive wont be much of a problem anymore
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:13 pm

An xbox that I originally planned to mod in order to run some old school emulators is still defective and in pieces. One of these days, I might actually get to fixing it. I have an xbox 360 but thus far, it doesn't most of my fav xbox 1 titles.