Does your significant other play video games?

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Does your significant other play video games?

Post by Jeeba Jabba » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:23 pm

Just curious to see some of the different views our partners may have on them, and how they fit into your relationships. What are their favorite games? Preferences? Do they hate them? How does the lifestyle effect your relationships?

Personally, the main reason I started talking to my girlfriend was because of video games. She's a gamer. Doesn't look like one (takes her 2 hours to get ready before leaving the hosue >.<), but she's definitely a dork when it comes down to it. Her favorites are the Metal Gear series, the Resident Evil series, Guitar Hero, and the Zelda series (her favorite game of all time is Ocarina of Time.. which she's beaten like 6 times, and just bought another copy of it recently).
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:28 pm

Two of my three ex's were gamers. Rhonda liked old Nintendo games, and preferred classic-style puzzle and action / platform games (much like I do). Lisa was into RPGs, both digital and pen-and-paper. She was also a DDR freak, and has an odd obsession with Gitaroo Man. Jen, my most recent, did not enjoy games. She actually yelled at me once for carrying my DS around with me.
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:39 pm

Yeah, he plays Black and White and some game on the PS2 where you have to draw different gestures or something (that's how he described it to me) and I can't remember the name...
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:03 pm

My wife absolutely refuses to play video games. Just handing her a controller is enough to get her complaining. But she loves, loves watching video games, especially ones with extremely good stories. MGS, 99% of the RPGs ever created, Indigo Prophecy, if I can get a game that has a good story to tell, she will eat it up. But she just makes me play it.

It is both a blessing and a curse, since she wants me to game, but if I'm playing something without an epic story (like Sonic or Mario games), she gets bored and bugs me to play something else.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:26 pm

AgentGreen wrote:Yeah, he plays Black and White and some game on the PS2 where you have to draw different gestures or something (that's how he described it to me) and I can't remember the name...
Okami?
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:37 pm

My ex and I played a lot of City of Heroes. She was really into pgr and pgr2 aswell.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:41 pm

Hmmm, a gaming question that I don't think ever got it's own topic (at least not while I've been here). We don't see much of these anymore.

My wife hasn't been playing any games lately, but in the past she's been quite addicted to Bust-A-Move. The SNES version seems to be the one she/we play the most. We also beat Ms. Pac Man: Maze Madness for DC together a while back, alternating levels. That was fun. By the way, that game rocks! She can also play some Tetris but can't handle the pressure of the higher levels. I think it's too frustrating for her.
SadisticSaviorX
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by SadisticSaviorX » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:07 pm

My gf likes to play Ragnarok Online a lot. Ever since I started playing DDR a lot she has been wanting to try, but I think its because she likes to try games that I play. :?
She has a gameboy color in her drawer at the dorms she plays every once in a while, but other than those two examples...she doesnt play much.
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DuffMan » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:52 pm

My Ex used to love Tetris and Mario Kart, seems like Mario Kart has been popular with most of my GF's. And girls for the most part, from my experience.
OOH! YA! Duffman Says a lot of things.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:02 pm

my fiance plays some games with me. She really loves the monkey ball series, animal crossing, guitar hero, point blank shooters, xmamex bust a move, gabriel knight series, police quest, leisure suit larry, conkers bad fur day, and she absolutely loves the nintendo DS. She bought brain games, big brain academy, wario ware touched, and trauma center for my DS. So they are mine 99% of the time, but she plays when she asks.

Other than that short list, she doesnt dig it.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:20 pm

I play video games because I don't have a girlfriend.
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:12 pm

pixel wrote:I play video games because I don't have a girlfriend.
Same here. 8-)
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:26 pm

Yeah. She'll play a lot of old NES, Master System, SNES and Mega Drive games with me. Mainly puzzle games or sonic and mario type games. She played N64 a bit. She owns her own PS1 and PS2 and her own GC. Between us we have 2 GCs, PS1, PS2, DC, Saturn, Master System, Xbox, 360, N64, DS and I owned a PSP but sold it a few months back. I'm sure there might be another console or something around somewhere, just can't think of it.

She mainly plays the sims type thing, age of empires, age of mythology, the movies, worms, mario kart, guitar hero, singstar, stuff like that. No FPS games or anything. :lol:
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
TyBO
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by TyBO » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:30 pm

atf487 wrote:
pixel wrote:I play video games because I don't have a girlfriend.
Same here. 8-)
Ditto. :|
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:38 pm

Thanks for reminding me.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:46 pm

I've never met a girl that was into videogames...but seriously, I'm starting to slowly lose interest in all of them, even retro ones, all together.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by |darc| » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:34 am

Strapping Scherzo wrote:Hmmm, a gaming question that I don't think ever got it's own topic (at least not while I've been here). We don't see much of these anymore.

My wife hasn't been playing any games lately, but in the past she's been quite addicted to Bust-A-Move. The SNES version seems to be the one she/we play the most. We also beat Ms. Pac Man: Maze Madness for DC together a while back, alternating levels. That was fun. By the way, that game rocks! She can also play some Tetris but can't handle the pressure of the higher levels. I think it's too frustrating for her.
I love Bust-A-Move. Ever play Frozen Bubble?
It's thinking...
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:56 am

DaMadFiddler wrote:
AgentGreen wrote:Yeah, he plays Black and White and some game on the PS2 where you have to draw different gestures or something (that's how he described it to me) and I can't remember the name...
Okami?
Yeah that sounds right
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:17 am

She plays some games, but not a lot. She likes DDR she really got into the THPS games and the Mario Kart games. She likes Soul Calibur, and she's really not that bad at it...therefore...she's dubbed it "the game where I win". I don't think she even knew the name of it for a long time.

The university where I work, a friend of mine recently started a "Campus Nerds" organization. The focus is video games and anime, and there's been a huge response. To date they're the largest organization on campus...that's including the fraternaties and sororities. Anyway...a large portion of their members are girls. Campus Nerds is working with Kappa Delta sorority to sponsoring a DDR tournament latter this semester. :D
Ceeg
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Ceeg » Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:42 pm

My fiance plays games with me all the time hell i was even surprised to find out she loved shooting games. :o
XtremeWRATH-360 Gamertag