Post everytime that you buy a new game...

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Post Reply
User avatar
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
Posts: 2823
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2001 7:44 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: Post everytime that you buy a new game...

Post by MulletMan13 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:15 am

'Splosion Man is seriously fantastic.
Image
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Posts: 5954
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 8:42 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Post everytime that you buy a new game...

Post by Luriden » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:54 am

MulletMan13 wrote:'Splosion Man is seriously fantastic.
I played the trial. It's a neat concept, but far too repetitive. I barely made it to the end of the trial, it just felt like the same level over and over. I wish they had done more with it.
User avatar
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord
Posts: 5404
Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 11:31 am
Location: Sailing the Skies of Arcadia
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times
Contact:

Re: Post everytime that you buy a new game...

Post by BlueCrab » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:53 pm

A PS2 (slim, dead laser, but that's easily fixed) - $2 on Saturday...

... and the stack of games bought since then:
Dirge of Cerberus
Final Fantasy 12
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts 2
Shining Force Neo
Star Ocean - Till the End of Time
Tales of Legendia

So, I heard this whole PS2 thing is the way forward.
User avatar
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
Posts: 7953
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:17 am
Location: San Francisco, CA
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: Post everytime that you buy a new game...

Post by DaMadFiddler » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:16 pm

SimCity, Rolando 2, and Zenonia for iPod Touch.
BlueCrab wrote:... and the stack of games bought since then:
Dirge of Cerberus
Final Fantasy 12
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts 2
Shining Force Neo
Star Ocean - Till the End of Time
Tales of Legendia
Hmm, I wonder what sorts of games you like :wink:

While you're at it, you may want to track down Rogue Galaxy and Shadow Hearts: Covenant. I've heard that Dirge of Cerberus isn't very good, but then I don't really care for FF anyway.
User avatar
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
Posts: 10966
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2001 12:34 am
Location: Indiana
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Post everytime that you buy a new game...

Post by melancholy » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:32 pm

Infamous and Zenonia. And I must say, I'm finding Zenonia more enjoyable than Infamous, which kinda sucks considering Zenonia was 5% of the price of Infamous.
User avatar
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
Posts: 2823
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2001 7:44 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: Post everytime that you buy a new game...

Post by MulletMan13 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:14 am

Luriden wrote:
MulletMan13 wrote:'Splosion Man is seriously fantastic.
I played the trial. It's a neat concept, but far too repetitive. I barely made it to the end of the trial, it just felt like the same level over and over. I wish they had done more with it.
The first few levels are quite plain... they add quite a bit more platforming and timing based puzzles after that. The game is extremely rewarding, and the multiplayer levels (50 of them) are completely different than the single player levels (50 of them). And it has unlockable gamerpics, avatar accessories, and a premium theme.

Sure, it may be slightly repetitive... but then again so was Sonic? The gameplay is great and very solid. The challenge will keep you interested.
Image
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
User avatar
Specially Cork
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11423
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2002 10:01 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Post everytime that you buy a new game...

Post by Specially Cork » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:56 am

Fat Princess. Really good stuff.
Image
User avatar
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
Posts: 1237
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: TIJUANA B.C.
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Post everytime that you buy a new game...

Post by Yonke » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:02 pm

Gears of war 2 all fronts Map Pack
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Posts: 5954
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 8:42 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Post everytime that you buy a new game...

Post by Luriden » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:26 am

MulletMan13 wrote:
Luriden wrote:
MulletMan13 wrote:'Splosion Man is seriously fantastic.
I played the trial. It's a neat concept, but far too repetitive. I barely made it to the end of the trial, it just felt like the same level over and over. I wish they had done more with it.
The first few levels are quite plain... they add quite a bit more platforming and timing based puzzles after that. The game is extremely rewarding, and the multiplayer levels (50 of them) are completely different than the single player levels (50 of them). And it has unlockable gamerpics, avatar accessories, and a premium theme.

Sure, it may be slightly repetitive... but then again so was Sonic? The gameplay is great and very solid. The challenge will keep you interested.
I guess the level theme is what drove me away. Do the level themes change at all? Instead of just being in a laboratory every level? I suppose Sonic is repetitive in the gameplay sense, but the level themes were constantly changing in the Sonic games. They looked different, had different music, etc.
User avatar
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
Posts: 2823
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2001 7:44 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: Post everytime that you buy a new game...

Post by MulletMan13 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:51 am

Luriden wrote:
MulletMan13 wrote:
Luriden wrote:
MulletMan13 wrote:'Splosion Man is seriously fantastic.
I played the trial. It's a neat concept, but far too repetitive. I barely made it to the end of the trial, it just felt like the same level over and over. I wish they had done more with it.
The first few levels are quite plain... they add quite a bit more platforming and timing based puzzles after that. The game is extremely rewarding, and the multiplayer levels (50 of them) are completely different than the single player levels (50 of them). And it has unlockable gamerpics, avatar accessories, and a premium theme.

Sure, it may be slightly repetitive... but then again so was Sonic? The gameplay is great and very solid. The challenge will keep you interested.
I guess the level theme is what drove me away. Do the level themes change at all? Instead of just being in a laboratory every level? I suppose Sonic is repetitive in the gameplay sense, but the level themes were constantly changing in the Sonic games. They looked different, had different music, etc.
Nah, they don't change at all. That's one complaint I do have about the game. Other than the boss levels, it's the same textures (they change a bit between world 1, 2 and 3, but are largely the same. It's not a game where I can marathon play, but I keep going back. Also, the 50 multiplayer (co-op) levels are completely different than the single player levels... awesome teamwork in those levels.
Image
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
User avatar
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan
Posts: 3071
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:31 pm
Location: For British Eyes Only...
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Post everytime that you buy a new game...

Post by Smiley » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:01 pm

JUst bought capcom vs tatsunoko as an import for my wii. now i need to google how to run imports on it....does gecko os work? been looking for hudson selection volume 4 for the cube for awhile with no luck. thus far i only have the pc genjin one.
Image
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Posts: 5954
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 8:42 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Post everytime that you buy a new game...

Post by Luriden » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:15 pm

Mirror's Edge (360)
Kameo (360)

and some original Xbox games:

DoA Ultimate
Manhunt
Family Guy
Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude
User avatar
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
Posts: 7953
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:17 am
Location: San Francisco, CA
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: Post everytime that you buy a new game...

Post by DaMadFiddler » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:58 pm

After several glowing reviews, I bought Space Invaders Infinity Gene for iPod. However, when I launch the program, it just sticks on the title screen. It says there is one credit, but no sort of gesture seems to do anything, and the only way anything happens is if I exit back out to the home screen. Am I overlooking something, or do I have to talk to Apple about a glitched download?
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Posts: 5954
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 8:42 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Post everytime that you buy a new game...

Post by Luriden » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:38 pm

Don't know if this counts, but I got the Ion Drum Rocker for $225 at the Nebraska Furniture Store, couldn't resist as they normally retail for $300. If you're serious about playing drums and want a nice Rock Band set at the same time, these things are a must. They're amazing.
User avatar
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
Posts: 1237
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: TIJUANA B.C.
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Post everytime that you buy a new game...

Post by Yonke » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:31 pm

Madden 10 XB360 (got NFL fever GO CHARGERS!!!!!!!)
Madcatz SF4 Figth Pad for XB360
User avatar
Specially Cork
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11423
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2002 10:01 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Post everytime that you buy a new game...

Post by Specially Cork » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:02 pm

Braid (PC)
Marvel vs Capcom 2 (PS3)
Image
User avatar
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord
Posts: 5404
Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 11:31 am
Location: Sailing the Skies of Arcadia
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times
Contact:

Re: Post everytime that you buy a new game...

Post by BlueCrab » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:21 pm

Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis
Suikoden Tactics
Tales of the Abyss

All PS2... gotta continue to expand that RPG library.
User avatar
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
Posts: 7953
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:17 am
Location: San Francisco, CA
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: Post everytime that you buy a new game...

Post by DaMadFiddler » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:13 am

Worms (iPod)
Spider (iPod)
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (PS3)

Worms is a little feature-light, but it's worth $5 to have Worms on the go. Certainly a better value than the (more feature rich, but also harder to see and considerably more expensive) DS/PSP version.

Spider is pretty amazing. I haven't played much yet, but the art style is great, and it's the perfect combination of light gameplay with a deeper story that you can choose to invest in or ignore.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is... well, you know. Anyone who visits *this* forum should be intimately familiar with this game :P The new version is well executed, fixing several glitches in the older ports and finally giving you the option of using your own music. No more getting taken for a ride. The polygonal backgrounds scale to HD surprisingly well (the team in charge of the port said they used the original arcade assets, which were created at a higher resolution than the standard-def arcade screen could faithfully reproduce anyway), and the sprite filter is about as good as can be expected. A few of the full-screen attacks (generally things coming in from the side) leave gaps because the sprites weren't drawn wide enough to accomodate a 16:9 display, but other than that this is pretty much the best version available of the game.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Posts: 5954
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 8:42 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Post everytime that you buy a new game...

Post by Luriden » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:43 pm

Quantum of Solace (Xbox 360) $15
Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust (Xbox 360) $10
User avatar
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord
Posts: 5404
Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 11:31 am
Location: Sailing the Skies of Arcadia
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times
Contact:

Re: Post everytime that you buy a new game...

Post by BlueCrab » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:45 pm

And some more PS2 RPGs:

Radiata Stories
Ar Tonelico 2
Post Reply