Post everytime that you buy a new game...

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Post everytime that you buy a new game...

Post by Luriden »

Smiley wrote:bidding on rampage total destruction right now.
Crap game. Don't bother. It wasn't worth the DVD-R I wasted on it.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Smiley wrote:Just won an ebay auction for capcom vs snk 2 for the cube
Not bad. I got it used from Gamestop for about ten bucks or so several years ago...after it had flopped, but before collectors started going after it and driving the price up.

Just make sure that, whenever you start a match, you're sure to select "AC-ism" rather than "GC-ism"

AC-ism, or Arcade controls, is about how you'd expect in terms of button layout. GC-ism, on the other hand, makes everything analog...the L button is all your kicks, and the R button is all your punches, and the strength depends on how hard you press the button. Makes going up against anyone with any degree of skill at the game (or, for that matter, the computer) pretty much impossible.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Simcity for the iPhone

It's basically a slimmed down port of Simcity 3000 for the iPhone, but it's fantastic nonetheless. I can't believe how well it runs, honestly.
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Yonke »

Ninja gaiden XB360 18 dlls
Army of Two XB360 10 dlls
Condemed 2 XB360 10 dlls
Super Mario Bros (Boxed) NES 6 dlls
Trauma Center 2 Wii 15 dlls
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Luriden wrote:
Smiley wrote:bidding on rampage total destruction right now.
Crap game. Don't bother. It wasn't worth the DVD-R I wasted on it.
good to know. thanks...ebay bid cancelled. :oops:
DaMadFiddler wrote:
Smiley wrote:Just won an ebay auction for capcom vs snk 2 for the cube
Not bad. I got it used from Gamestop for about ten bucks or so several years ago...after it had flopped, but before collectors started going after it and driving the price up.

Just make sure that, whenever you start a match, you're sure to select "AC-ism" rather than "GC-ism"

AC-ism, or Arcade controls, is about how you'd expect in terms of button layout. GC-ism, on the other hand, makes everything analog...the L button is all your kicks, and the R button is all your punches, and the strength depends on how hard you press the button. Makes going up against anyone with any degree of skill at the game (or, for that matter, the computer) pretty much impossible.
thanks.I had heard that the controls were nearly unbearbale with the cube's small d-pad, but being a fan of snk, I just wanted to play this game.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Got Guitar Hero: World Tour (360) for Christmas.
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

GH:WT (Wii) - for the family
Petz Bunnies (DS) - for my daughter
Cooking Mama (Wii) - for my daughter
Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 (PS2) - for my stepson
NCAA Football 2009 (PS2) - for my stepson
We Cheer (Wii) - for my stepdaughter
Disney Sing It (Wii) - for my stepdaughter

Slightly OT - We also picked up Hellboy, Robots and Zathura on UMD for my stepson's PSP for $3 each during the Gamestop Black Friday sale.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
TyBO
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by TyBO »

I received Fallout 3 for Xmas. I imagine this will be consuming most of my time now. :grin:
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Got Rock Band 2 (360) yesterday.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I'm confused about the way GH and RB are going now.

Do I need to invest in a full band set and always play with a few friends together to get fun out of these games, or can I still just grab a guitar and play on my own this way?
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

BoneyCork wrote:I'm confused about the way GH and RB are going now.

Do I need to invest in a full band set and always play with a few friends together to get fun out of these games, or can I still just grab a guitar and play on my own this way?
You can do either-- RB is more geared towards the former, while GH is more towards the latter. RB has more teamwork elements, is much cleaner looking, and great in a group-- GH was kindof dull in a group. I haven't played either alone, but I'd say go with RB. The sound, the songs, the GUI and the different aspects (OverDrive vs. SP) are preferrable.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

GH is MUCH better alone. I got bored of Rock Band within the first few weeks of playing it, while I STILL play the hell out of GH3. The songs are just so damn much fun to play, and there's a handful of songs that are really challenging (and a few that are impossible but I'm always motivated to keep playing to get further than before.)

Unfortunately, GH:WT is too much like Rock Band now. The song selection is more geared towards what people want to hear rather than what's actually fun and challenging to play. That was always my problem with Rock Band. "Black Hole Sun" for example: Great song, but boring as hell to play with fake instruments in a video game.

There were only two songs I couldn't beat on expert difficulty on GH:WT on my first time through and that was because the song was made to be used with the tapping touchpads, which my guitar doesn't have. And I can't really remember even having enough fun with ANY of the songs to make me want to play through it again.

When I have a friend over that wants to play a fake instrument game, I toss him my 2nd guitar and we fire up GH3.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

And to complete my collection of band games...
Got Rock Band (360) today.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

MulletMan13 wrote:

You can do either-- RB is more geared towards the former, while GH is more towards the latter. RB has more teamwork elements, is much cleaner looking, and great in a group-- GH was kindof dull in a group. I haven't played either alone, but I'd say go with RB. The sound, the songs, the GUI and the different aspects (OverDrive vs. SP) are preferrable.
I bought GHWT at launch with all the instruments and still have my GH3 guitar. So for 360 I have the drums, 2 guitars and due to an error which worked in my favour, 2 mics. My drum kit, much like everyone else who bought it, stuffed up within days of using it. I have since got a new one thanks to Activision and finally got a hold of Rock Band. IMO Rock Band is a much better game. I can't stand playing GHWT now, but I do like the WT drums which is one of the main reasons why I bought the instrument bundle. I love more of the music in RB even though I was waiting ages to get GHWT simply for Death Magnetic alone (I still think Metallica are great, despite their previous albums). The download content on WT is nothing compared to RB.

Basically I believe RB to be a better game due to the songs and the way the game plays. I've noticed that activision song charts aren't quite right. Even with calibrating it on my setup, you still hear instruments playing noticeably before the note hits the marker. I hope Harmonix keeps making games as I don't think Activision can keep going. For me GH has become stale.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

To contribute to the RB/GH thread:

I was never the type to play a song a few times alone to get a higher rating-- it never occurred to me to do that, and it wasn't fun playing that way either. I had GH 2, finished it on Medium, a few songs on hard and was done with it. Once I played through the songs I was completely done. I guess that's why I prefer RB-- the progression between multiple instruments is great, and lets me play the song through multiple times. My favorite instrument is the drums-- although I play guitar quite a bit and sing from time to time with friends. That didn't contribute anything to the discussion, but I felt like typing my thoughts out.

Back to the reason I came to this thread:

I am playing through Prince of Persia for the 360, and I can't see what all the hype is about. The game is beautiful-- yes, but the mechanics and gameplay get tired and stale after 15 minutes. I played through the first area really excited to really get into the game-- but then I got to the second area and realized I had seen 90% of the gameplay already. Collecting 600 'light orbs' through a dead and desolate area while fighting a few single creatures (with impossible button mashing sequences) is not my idea of fun.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I am playing through Prince of Persia for the 360, and I can't see what all the hype is about. The game is beautiful-- yes, but the mechanics and gameplay get tired and stale after 15 minutes. I played through the first area really excited to really get into the game-- but then I got to the second area and realized I had seen 90% of the gameplay already. Collecting 600 'light orbs' through a dead and desolate area while fighting a few single creatures (with impossible button mashing sequences) is not my idea of fun.
I completely agree. I thought I was safe with the fantastic reviews but I really feel like I've wasted my money.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

BoneyCork wrote:
I completely agree. I thought I was safe with the fantastic reviews but I really feel like I've wasted my money.

Glad to see somebody agrees with me on this. Yes-- the reviews boggle my mind. The story isn't really anything to write home about, the graphics are the only real redeeming value, but the gameplay just feels like an 8 hour flash game. ... thank the lord I didn't pay for it.
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Yonke »

SF2 HD REMIX - XBOX360 -

oohh man sf2 games never get old on me.........

cant wait for 4..........
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

MulletMan13 wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:

Glad to see somebody agrees with me on this. Yes-- the reviews boggle my mind. The story isn't really anything to write home about, the graphics are the only real redeeming value, but the gameplay just feels like an 8 hour flash game. ... thank the lord I didn't pay for it.
I thought the game was fun, but I'm glad it was short, because about 6 hours in I was getting pretty bored with it. Not to repeat everyone else, but this game is about as repetitive as they come. That, and the ending totally pissed me off.

Anyway, as for other games I've gotten over the holiday:
Sonic Unleashed (360) - Though it's actually halfway decent, the frustrating timed button presses during Tails flying mission pissed me off so bad that I stopped playing shortly after. Which is funny, too, because everyone complains about the Werehog missions, but I didn't find them that bad. A little boring, but not terrible.

Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories (PS2) - As if the GBA version wasn't addictive enough, they released a PS2 version. Now I'm hopelessly addicted again.

Metroid Prime 3 (Wii) - Got it today, so I have no impressions yet. I owned it once before, but gave it to a cousin for his birthday before I could really put much into it.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I'm obsessed with Persona 4 at the moment. Fantastic JRPG.