Post everytime that you buy a new game...

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Post everytime that you buy a new game...

Post by MulletMan13 »

Hasney wrote:
Yonke wrote:
MulletMan13 wrote:Brutal Legend
reading a lot of mixed reviews....worth???
It's OK, the RTS levels are horrible though.

Story and art are amazing though, as is killing Emos and 80s hair metal fans.
Right-- the RTS portions really drag and have been really frustrating to me. Controlling a ton of different units with the dpad (and not being able to select a single group or whatnot) is really cumbersome. The art style makes up for these sections.

Borderlands is fricking epic. Single player is kindof boring, but local co-op == some of the best gaming I've experienced in years. I also purchased Psychonauts (finally).
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

What does borderlands offer that other FPS don't? Don't get me wrong I love FPS. But what is unique about this one? I love that it includes splitscreen co-op. I don't suppose there is four player split screen multiplayer is there? As that is something that is missing from a lot of games now adays. So far it looks like another call of duty style game, with cell shading. Movement looks very slow, and so does combat. I'd like to hear a review from gamers who think a bit the way I do about gaming - DCEMU people obviously.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Nico0020 wrote:What does borderlands offer that other FPS don't? Don't get me wrong I love FPS. But what is unique about this one? I love that it includes splitscreen co-op. I don't suppose there is four player split screen multiplayer is there? As that is something that is missing from a lot of games now adays. So far it looks like another call of duty style game, with cell shading. Movement looks very slow, and so does combat. I'd like to hear a review from gamers who think a bit the way I do about gaming - DCEMU people obviously.
No four player split screen, but 2 player co-op is a ton of fun. What seperates this from every other FPS? Well, take a quest/loot driven RPG and make it an FPS. That's Borderlands. The story isn't all that intriguing, but the prospect of loot, levelling up and becoming that much more of a badass are what keep me moving forward. Doing all of that with a friend via split screen makes the sections that drag pretty fun. The gun drops are essentially randomly generated, and are classified either by rarity (color) or features. I haven't found the same gun twice, and I'm about 10 hours in. Combat can be pretty slow, but it is very easy to draw mobs in from different areas of the map. Within the first hour or two you will get hounded by skags in the wasteland from nearly all directions.

With an additional player, the amount of enemies is upped and so is their toughness. I can't speak for singleplayer (I would imagine it would be quite boring), but I've been saved numerous times by my co-op partner.

The gameplay is kindof addictive. You'll get a quest a few levels above yours, think that you can complete it, and get absolutely raped. Then you'll find a few quests scattered about that help you level up until you can finish that first quest you got. Very simple mechanic, but it works quite well. It's a good buy if you have somebody that you know will play with you, but if you're just looking for single player give it a rent.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3) - about a month ago; nearly done, though I've only been playing in short bursts.

Zombies Ate My Neighbors (Wii) - finally, a VC game worth downloading.
Mattiethomas
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mattiethomas »

MulletMan13 wrote:
Mattiethomas wrote:The Simpsons Game (360) - $2.99
Where did you get it for this price? Local used store? If you ever finish it and want to unload it, I'll take it :D
My local best buy had it on sale for that cheap. I couldn't not buy it for that price.

It's been over two months and I have yet to open it. Is it any good?

-

Borderlands (360) - $15ish
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

Technically not a game, but close:

Street Fighter Anniversary Akuma pad for Xbox (number 18 of 25000) ~ Gamestop, $9
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Mattiethomas wrote:
MulletMan13 wrote:
Where did you get it for this price? Local used store? If you ever finish it and want to unload it, I'll take it :D
My local best buy had it on sale for that cheap. I couldn't not buy it for that price.

Very good. Definitely the best Simpsons game I've ever played. I finished it completely but I wouldn't mind buying it someday in case I want to play through it again. The cutscenes and dialogue are actually funnier than the show itself.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Beneath a Steel Sky Remastered (iPhone)

It's really the first new game I've purchased since Scribblenauts on launch day.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Luriden wrote:
Mattiethomas wrote:
MulletMan13 wrote:

Very good. Definitely the best Simpsons game I've ever played. I finished it completely but I wouldn't mind buying it someday in case I want to play through it again. The cutscenes and dialogue are actually funnier than the show itself.
It's great for a Simpsons fan. You could argue that technically the game is quite poor, and the IP is the only thing that makes it good, but that's enough for me. It's pure fan service and very funny and satisfying.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

just bought star soldier and the adventure island remake for dhe cube. also accidently updated wii to4.2 which killed homebrew.... and im posting from my wii
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

GTA: Chinatown Wars (PSP)

I guess the DS version is the greater technical accomplishment, but this game plays so much better on the PSP. Better screen, better sound, better controls, plus they added a crapload of new stuff. It's even better than the 2 "stories" games. I'm not crapping on the DS here - I love my DS, but this particular game just didn't really work out IMO.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Disgaea 2 (PS2)
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

traded a free month of live and 3 dollars paypal for castle crashers for 360
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Yonke »

Modern Warfare 2 Hardened Edition - XB360
Kevin Beckman
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Kevin Beckman »

I was looking around a thrift store today and I found a Game Gear. Well the Sonic Sports System edition with the box. When I brought it home and opened it up it also had 3 more games, an AC adapter and a screen magnifier. So I ended up with a Game Gear, the carrying case, AC adapter, car adapter, screen magnifier and 5 games(with the instruction manuals too) all for the low low price of $5.00
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

Got the Metal, VOL2 and Classic Track packs adding into my Rock Band 2 using the gamestop display case method and my trusty cell phone. Yea not the morally best thing to do, but I couldn't care less about gamestop.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Kevin Beckman wrote:I was looking around a thrift store today and I found a Game Gear. Well the Sonic Sports System edition with the box. When I brought it home and opened it up it also had 3 more games, an AC adapter and a screen magnifier. So I ended up with a Game Gear, the carrying case, AC adapter, car adapter, screen magnifier and 5 games(with the instruction manuals too) all for the low low price of $5.00
That's pretty impressive. I once found a like-new Donkey Kong Jr. Game & Watch in the original box for $1.50, and a Sega Saturn with two controllers, a memory cartridge, and Sonic R for $8. Those are my best two finds.

Anyway: Soosiz (iPhone/iPod Touch). Really awesome platformer. The best way I can think of to describe it is like a simpler, 2D Mario Galaxy.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

my local playntrade had Sonic Spinball for gamegear complete in box. first time I can remember seeing something gamegear since I was a kid. Checked ebay, isn't worth really anything though.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

DaMadFiddler wrote:
Kevin Beckman wrote:I was looking around a thrift store today and I found a Game Gear. Well the Sonic Sports System edition with the box. When I brought it home and opened it up it also had 3 more games, an AC adapter and a screen magnifier. So I ended up with a Game Gear, the carrying case, AC adapter, car adapter, screen magnifier and 5 games(with the instruction manuals too) all for the low low price of $5.00
That's pretty impressive. I once found a like-new Donkey Kong Jr. Game & Watch in the original box for $1.50, and a Sega Saturn with two controllers, a memory cartridge, and Sonic R for $8. Those are my best two finds.

Anyway: Soosiz (iPhone/iPod Touch). Really awesome platformer. The best way I can think of to describe it is like a simpler, 2D Mario Galaxy.
I've bought a couple Atari 2600s (with a few games but no hookups) at garage sales for $5-ish and turned them around on eBay for $75+ each with no promise of them working (turned out one didn't).

Back in the Gamecube days I probably bought at least 20 copies (maybe even more) of Wind Waker from Blockbuster at $10-15 and sold them for $30 on eBay. I did it with a few other titles, too, but Zelda was my go-to game. This was back before eBay's seller rules got completely retarded and restrictive.

I also found a box of comics at a garage sale marked $1 each. There were a lot of collectible issues in it (Wizard 1/2s, several Silver Age horror and Superman comics, Marvel GI Joe #1, the "Death of Flash" Crisis ish, etc). There were about 40 comics in the box, I offered $20 for the lot. That was a great day. :)