Looking at software exploit for Xbox, help appreciated

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
mkjones
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by mkjones »

You need dash version 4920 for any of the hacks to work.. If you upgraded, you can downgrade back ;)
Dust on the Dreamcast
yodanut
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by yodanut »

BTW, if your Xbox is recent then you won't be able to boot an alternate BIOS from media. Basically that just means an additional hassle, but it's good to know. Note that you won't be able to use recent Xbox Live features either, because as mkjones already said you need to use dash version 4920 (the one that comes with Mechassault, among other games) to be able to properly use the exploits. If Live is really that important then nothing beats a modchip.
Metroid Evolution
Helping evolve the Metroid series.
mkjones
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mkjones »

yodanut wrote:BTW, if your Xbox is recent then you won't be able to boot an alternate BIOS from media. Basically that just means an additional hassle, but it's good to know. Note that you won't be able to use recent Xbox Live features either, because as mkjones already said you need to use dash version 4920 (the one that comes with Mechassault, among other games) to be able to properly use the exploits. If Live is really that important then nothing beats a modchip.
True, but there are ways (quite simple) to use live with the hacks, all you need is FTP access :) its all on xbox-scene, check the dashboard exploit forum.... If you see mkjones with a DC avatar, thats me ;)

Also, if you have MechAssault and a memory card, I would reccomend my latest softmod package, its simple safe and has lots of features :D
Dust on the Dreamcast
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

I'm having second thoughts now. I like Live and I want to continue using it worry free.
Quall
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Quall »

well, if you have xbl, then there is always the gamesave exploit, which you have to load up every time. There was a rescent exploit that turns the xbl tab into the exploit launcher for non-live users. Mainly to fix the clock loop that occurs.
1InuYasha
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

mech assault

Post by 1InuYasha »

i know someone who has mech assault so if i borrow it from them i just need 2 get the evox thing and i could start playing homebrew stuff on my xbox or do i need a memory card?
Full Fledge Demon-InuYasha