dreamcast arcade machine

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
bdisagree
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

dreamcast arcade machine

Post by bdisagree »

does anyone know where i can find info on building a dreamcast arcade machine? not that i'd do it right away, just thinking about it, and looking for more info. maybe there is already a machine with setup built and someone has put up a webpage for it, maybe they are already using it for a sega genesis or another console, and all someone would have to do is change it, and put in a sega dreamcast.

what parts would someone need for this? a vga adapter?...

Brian
SonicBlaze
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Post by SonicBlaze »

Interesting, I was just reading about an article about making ur own arcade machine in the computer paper. U need a cabin, (I only have the number for one in Canda, a big company), best to use a comp monitor, so you would need a VGA adapter, and depending on what type of games u want to play, u can hook the thing up to a steering wheel with pedals, or arcade stick.
SEGA, anything else is a toy!
bdisagree
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by bdisagree »

Yeah, I read that too. Unfortunately the last two articles, have been rather pathetic. He's making them go so slow, he'll probably end up writing one-hundred of them telling us how to build an arcade machine! You're right tho, VGA monitors are super cheap, err SVGA. What about RGB? How much difference is that? Is it possible to hook a DC up to an RGB monitor? Do DC games use VGA output? Is it possible? Is it built into all of them?

I was also thinking about making the machine 4 players, if I ever built one, that would rock!

Brian
SonicBlaze
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

HMMMMMMMMM

Post by SonicBlaze »

Yes, some games have VGA support, but not all, however I heard there's a patch or soemthing for the utpia boot disc which will boot it into VGA mode, which would solve some problems, I can't really get too technical im this stuff, but I don't think 4 player would work out well, not enough room. (and one more thing, were you reading the "Canada computes" computer paper?) I have a website for arcade cabins and such (http://www.pinballexchange.com), and in the last issue when he wrote PART 1 there were some sites he gave that gave you all the info you needed.
SEGA, anything else is a toy!
I@N
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by I@N »

Well the DC can output VGA (it looks awesome), but as was stated not all games support it (it says on the back of the box if the game supports VGA or not). The hack for the Utopia disk does not work, however you can trick most games into playing in VGA mode if your VGA adaptor has a switch (see the Hardware Mod forum for details on building your own VGA box).

The DC also outputs RGB which on a standard TV is very good (but not as good as VGA), however there are some USA games that have RGB protection so they will not work (although all PAL games should).

There is apparently a commercial bootdisk that allows you to choose which mode to boot the game in (VGA/RGB etc) but I think this does not work with all games.

I hope this helps :)
Drink your weak lemon drink now!
Segafiend
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Segafiend »

This is a great place to go. There message board has a lot of arcade pros.

http://www.arcadecontrols.speedhost.com/arcade.htm