QuakeDS Preview 2
Quake port, news:
Changes from pre1->pre2:
- faster rendering
- vertex lighting and light animations (proper lightmapping may be in the next build)
- Alias model texturing
- proper timebase, so no variable speed
- a crosshair and a HUD
- the Quake font (or whatever font is available in the mod you're playing)
- a nearly-proper sky
- sky, water, lava, sludge animations
- full control configuration
- game save saving/loading
- every level works - I have played from beginning to end with no crashes or thrashing
- wifi network play, via an access point (build coming in a few days after more testing)
- adequate support for mods/TCs in this build - full compatibility in the EXRAM build (coming in a few weeks)
- much improved sound system on the ARM7 (no music yet...)
- transparent water support via r_novis or VIS'ed maps
- hardware fogging for a light depth cue, or thick fog for underwater
- LOADS more little things (eg the end-of-episode finale messages)
- if you had problems getting pre1 to run on your card before (say you had a DS Link) then it ain't gonna run this time! Same goes for cards which have no DLDI driver.
- you will only get textured models if you use pak files - loose files won't work any more
- if you have a slow flash card then loading textures on the fly may really annoy you
- particles and sprites still haven't been fixed
- there's an occasional sound glitch
- no on-screen keyboard in this build
get from here
PC - Windows
Enterprise 128 emu, news:
* fixed interrupts in Spectrum emulator
* other minor fixes, including changes to allow for compiling with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
get from here
Atari 800, 800XL, 130XE and 5200 emu, news:
Atari800 is an emulator for the 800, 800XL, 130XE and 5200 models of the Atari personal computer.
It can be used on console, FrameBuffer or X11.
for further informations.
PSPATARI is a port on PSP of the version 2.0.2 (April 08 2006) of Atari800 from Petr Stehlik.
GP2X-Atari is a port on GP2X of the PSP version 1.0.7.
This is the first version but should be the last version (only if major bugs are found).
get from here
Daedalus wip update, R11 almost ready
Following on from last week's work, I've been busy fixing a few more issues relating to the way Daedalus handles textures.
To start with, I refactored the way that n64-format textures are converted to psp-format textures. Previously, I was converting the textures at the point at which they were loaded into texture memory on the n64. A result of this was that in order to support mirroring, I needed to keep a copy of the converted pixels in RAM. By moving the conversion process closer to the point that the textures are actually used on the psp, I've been able to remove this buffer and perform conversion and mirroring in the same step. This has approximately halved the memory needed for each texture, and is slightly faster than the previous approach.
The most significant change I've made is to fix a memory leak in the texture cache. I mentioned last week that I'd discovered that the texture cache was the biggest culprit for soaking up memory. It turned out that despite my fixes and support for 4-bit and 8-bit palettised textures, I was still running out of memory in certain situations. I did a bit more investigating, and discovered a resource leak that had been in the texture cache since it was first written (probably 7 or 8 years ago now!)
It turned out that in certain situations, several textures would hash to the same bucket in the hash table that I was using. This wasn't normally a problem, but occasionally the process which purges old textures from the cache was accidentally leaking textures. This was wasting video memory and causing the leaked textures to be re-converted on next frame.
The fix ended up being a very simple one-line change, and as a result the texture cache is now 100% leak-free. As an added bonus, it seems that the change has resulted in a nice 4-5% speedup - I suspect this is because the leaked textures are now no-longer being unnecessarily reconverted.
The final bit of work I've been doing is setting up a fixed-size pool for allocating textures from (well, there are actually two pools - one for fast VRAM and another of standard RAM for when this runs out). Despite the various improvements and fixes I've made to reduce the amount of memory being consumed by the texture cache, I wanted to put a hard limit on how much memory can ever be used. This change means that if the limit is ever reached, I just display white textures until some texture memory is freed up a little later. Previously Daedalus would just keep allocating RAM until it ran out of memory and crashed, so the new solution is much nicer
All in all I'm very happy with the state of R11. The changes I've made mean that I can permanently allocate 8MB for the Expansion Pak, and not worry about running out of memory. A welcome side-effect to all the texture changes I've made is an approximate 5-10% speedup over R11. On top of this Daedalus now remembers your preferences for each rom, so it's a little nicer to use.
I've still got a few small things to polish, but I'm hoping to release R11 by the weekend.
read more or comment here
Amiga OS3.5+, PC - Windows
Emerson Arcadia 2001 & clones, Interton VC 4000 & clones and Elektor TV games computer emu, news:
* Real-time controls display (WinArcadia).
* Partial PSG support (WinArcadia).
* Support for saving .TVC files.
* Interton VC 4000, Elektor TV Games Computer: compatibility improvements.
* CD³² gamepad support (AmiArcadia).
* Miscellaneous improvements and bug fixes.
get from here
Pc - Windows/Linux, Mac OSX
Snes emu, news:
* Added DSP1 and SuperFX savestate support. (nitsuja)
* Added screen state GFX to save states. (optional) (nitsuja)
* Fixed desync when loading inconsistent state in playback. (nitsuja)
* When playback reaches a movie's end, recording continues instead of the movie suddenly closing. (after recording) (nitsuja)
* can now record resets and mouse/superscope/justifier(s) (nitsuja)
* Added same-line-comment support for config files. (nitsuja)
* input display for all controllers (including peripherals) (nitsuja)
* Win32: Now uses .cfg file instead of Windows registry. (nitsuja)
* Win32: open ROM dialog bugfixes and speedup and facelift (nitsuja)
* Win32: option to use standard file open dialog for ROMs (nitsuja)
* Win32: maintain aspect ratio and bilinear filter stretch (nitsuja)
* Win32: optional removal of the dreaded "black bar" (nitsuja)
* Win32: Added EPX,EPX2,EPX3,HQ2X,HQ3X,TV3X,DM3X filters. (nitsuja)
* Win32: Added hires support for Interlace and TV Mode. (nitsuja)
* Win32: text removed from .avi output (optional) (nitsuja)
* Win32: better directory management, customizeable (nitsuja)
* Win32: Screenshot support is back. (nitsuja)
* Win32: Netplay is back (but still not very good). (nitsuja)
* Win32: Made OpenGL Bi-linear an advanced .cfg option. (nitsuja)
* Win32: cheat search improvements (address, watch, SuperFX)(nitsuja)
* Win32: Added non-modal ("active") cheat search option. (nitsuja)
* Win32: new hotkey-config dialog and configurable hotkeys (nitsuja)
* Win32: Fixed joystick config in input dialog. (nitsuja)
* Win32: Fixed hires and extended height .avi output. (nitsuja)
* Win32: various small GUI improvements (nitsuja)
* Win32: Netplay fixes. (nitsuja)
* "Fake Mute" desync workaround option for movies, until all ports have deterministic sound. (Bisqwit, nitsuja)
* Fix for save state blocks > 999999 bytes. (Bisqwit)
* C4 games now save C4 data in save states. (DeHackEd)
* Unix: Framework for high-speed seeking. Specify a frame number in a movie, and the emulator will run at maximum speed to that frame. Untested. (DeHackEd)
* X11: Support for window exposure. When a window is damaged due to overlay, being iconified, etc. it will be repainted correctly. (DeHackEd)
* Unix: parameter: -autodemo loads a movie for playback on startup. Only the x11 code handles this right now. (DeHackEd)
* Unix: parameter: -oldturbo, the turbo button renders all frames when fast-forwarding. (DeHackEd)
* Unix: parameter: -upanddown, override U+D and L+R protection. (DeHackEd)
* Unix: parameter: -mute, currently linux only, blocks out audio output from your speakers while still emulating sound. Not fully tested. (DeHackEd)
* Unix: parameter: -maxframes during movie playback, snes9x will exit when the target is hit. (DeHackEd)
* Unix: parameter: -keypress shows to stderr and on-screen the currently pressed buttons on joypad 1. (DeHackEd)
* Unix: Stream dumping (NOT COMPLETE). With -dumpstreams, raw video and raw audio are dumped to videostream%d.dat and audiostream%d.dat, where %d increments on each CPU reset, starting at zero. (DeHackEd)
* Unix: Non-blocking sound on Linux. It makes seeking nicer.(DeHackEd)
* Unix: Configurable sound device. (pierredavidbelanger)
* configure.in now requires a sufficiently new version of autoconf. (anomie)
* Fixed slow versions of branch opcodes. (anomie)
* Fixed the mosaic offset bug. (anomie)
* No sorting by priority in C4 command 00 00. MegaMan X2 can go behind the legs of the intro stage boss. (anomie)
* New RTO discovery, fixes Super Conflict: The Mideast title screen. (anomie, byuu)
* A 1->0 transition on $2100.7 causes OAM Address Reset. (anomie, byuu)
* The final HDMA Indirect Address load is only weird on the last channel of the scanline.
Touge Densetsu Saisoku Battle problem solved. (anomie, byuu)
* Fixed BGnVOFS bug. Only HOFS needs ~&7 update. (byuu)
* Fixed superfluous VIRQ triggers. (zones)
* Fixed missing IRQ trigger just after the previous one. (zones)
* Fixed missing IRQ while writing to $4200. (zones)
* Fixed IRQ timing after WRAM refresh. (zones)
* Fixed NMA timing after DMA transfer. (zones)
* Fixed superfluous auto-joypad-reading. (zones)
* Fixed missing WRAM refresh during DMA transfer. (zones)
* Fixed DMA so that HDMA and any HC triggered events can run during DMA transfer. (zones)
* Roughly fixed the case that HDMA and DMA use the same channel at the same time. HDMA kills DMA. Thanks byuu. (zones)
* Changed initial DMA registers values. (zones)
* Slightly modified APU execute timings. (zones)
* Fixed APU I/O registers to get/set the proper value. (zones)
* Blocked invalid VRAM writings, though you can turn off this option due to Snes9x's inaccurate timings. (zones)
* Omitted SPCTOOL, no one uses it. (zones)
* Added Sufami Turbo support. (zones)
* Added Same Game add-on cart support. (zones)
* Fixed HiROM SRAM and DSP1-4 memory maps a little. (zones)
* Improved mirroring. (Nach, grinvader, byuu)
* CRC32 on BS dumps now follows uCONSRT standard. (Nach)
* BS dumps now always run in NTSC mode. (Nach)
* Unknown regions (generally betas) default to NTSC. (Nach)
* Now support NSRT headers for setting up controllers. (Nach, nitsuja)
* Unix: Fixed command line help output. (Nach)
* Unix: Sound now defaults to 32KHz, Stereo, Interpolation so Snes9x finally sounds like a real SNES by default. (Nach)
* Win32: Saner defaults for movie record. (Nach)
* Unix: Fixed crashing with mouse or super scope. (Nach)
* Removed some weird code which was crashing Korean League and its varients. (Nach)
* Win32: Can now compile with MinGW. (Jonas Quinn, Nach)
* Win32: Can now cross compile Snes9xw. (Nach)
* Unix: SSnes9x compiles again. (Nach)
* Win32: ZSNES C4 and SuperFX compiles once again. (Jonas Quinn)
* Unix: Netplay Fixes. (Nach)
* Unix: Netplay Improvements. (Fabianx)
get from here
PC - Windows
multi emu & game frontend, news:
* New database driven favorites and statistics. This will improve stability, reliability, validation and integrity of your game data
* The data will be automatically be upgraded, but you will loose any stored video aspects
* This is going to be much better going forward
* There's new viewable statistics in GameEx for registered users and these are also available from GameExtender
* Much faster and enhanced 7-ZIP support, GameEx will only extract the entire archive when launching, in the menu the files in the archive are just listed
get from here
PC - Windows
German C64 emu, news:
* Emu64 has now an integrated CROSS assembler of these is to 90% turbo-ASS compatible (demo projects are available)
* Revises VIC emulation 100%
* Sprite Sprite collision functions now
* Sprite background collision functions now
* Spritedarstellung behind and before the text
* RasterIRQ revises
* FLI cheat to functioning now better
* CCU IRQ process revises and optimizes
* Sound admission in the SID Player mode now also visibly
* PRG/CTAP load nose repaired
* CIA1+2 real-time clock to 90% inserted.
* Type of file P00 now also with Emu64
* PRG, P00, T64 can be loaded now with and without autostart
* PRG files leave themselves from that to floppy ones from exporting now
* In the debugger all BREAK POINTs can be deleted now at one time
* If the Emu64 already ran and one a file by means of Explorer to start wanted came the message Ã¯Â¿Â¾gEmu64 runs already alreadyÃ¯Â¿Â¾h that is now past! The file will hand over to the opened Emu64 now. These load and start it then also.
* D64 start over Explorer, now becomes this also in the floppy window correctly indicated.
* SIMMER register 27 nose (random numbers) repaired
* SIMMER 28 in addition (READ) Envelope 3
* On-line assistance extends by our Forenmitdglied Olaf pit (alias Peggy)
get from here