Classic consoles

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Classic consoles

Post by politoe »

Every year I get my moogle signal tugged and reeled.
Who knows, if SEGA will or even thinks about creating a classic version of itself, since Sonys doesnt seem to be doing well
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Re: Classic consoles

Post by Juan »

There's a Mega Drive mini coming this year, and hopefully M2 is involved.
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

There's a tasteful way to do a classic console and make boatloads of money from it.
In Sony's case, they rolled out a preloaded system on a chip with a generic looking menu after spending years building up a giant library of PS1 games on PSN that ended up becoming exclusive to dead systems - PSP, PS3, Vita. No idea why they skipped PS4.

Why not do something more interesting? Add wi-fi, some extra storage, and PSN connectivity to download more PS1 games and possibly allow for netplay. Ship it with leftover DualShock 3s.

I'd buy a Saturn Mini if one ever came along
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

I think the classic consoles are gimmicky. Of course, I still have and play all my old original model consoles, so...
It's thinking...
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
Has thanked: 0

Post by melancholy »

Eviltaco64X wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:55 pm Why not do something more interesting? Add wi-fi, some extra storage, and PSN connectivity to download more PS1 games and possibly allow for netplay. Ship it with leftover DualShock 3s.
Amusingly they did have something like that in the PSTV. What they should have done is just recalled all of those back and repackaged them in PSX shells rather than liquidating them for $20.
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

melancholy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:34 pm
Eviltaco64X wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:55 pm Why not do something more interesting? Add wi-fi, some extra storage, and PSN connectivity to download more PS1 games and possibly allow for netplay. Ship it with leftover DualShock 3s.
Amusingly they did have something like that in the PSTV. What they should have done is just recalled all of those back and repackaged them in PSX shells rather than liquidating them for $20.
True. It ties into how badly marketed the Vita was in the first place. One big push in 2012, PS4 came out, then nothing. They managed to pull the PS3 out of the fire 3 years after it came out with the Slim. Outside Japan at least, they just stopped giving a fuck