SHENMUE III CONFIRMED

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Re: SHENMUE III CONFIRMED

Post by |darc| »

Specially Cork wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:27 pm
|darc| wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 10:18 pm Xbox/Sony consoles are just inferior devices trying to be PCs. I have no interest in messing around with an inferior device for gaming when so many great franchises that were originally console-based are now available on PC
I can just never have this mindset. I'd always prefer to take the inferior version and save some money. Even if you gave me £2k cash right now, I'd just rather spend it on something else than a maxed out gaming PC. I knows yours is an extreme example and you can pay a lot less, but I bought my Xbox One for £99 off eBay and I've got just as much out of it as I would have with a modern gaming PC sooo you'll never convince me otherwise. :P
Eh, I'm not really trying to convince you; to each his own. I only care to the extent that annoying consoles get exclusives :P

That's the thing though, it makes no sense to spend even just £99 on some box that only does an inferior version of what another piece hardware I own already can do, because even if I never played another PC game again I'd still have tons of PC hardware laying around my house. Until I built this ridiculous machine, the last machine I built of parts I paid for myself was a Vista machine... I just bought MacBooks for my personal/school/work use and built cheapass gaming machines from spare parts I accumulated. Sure, I was always behind the curve of the latest cutting edge games but I could play tons of stuff with little to no investment. Finally in 2018 I was able to save up and buy a decent nice GPU in the GTX 1070 Ti, my first GPU I've purchased myself since the X800 Pro in 2005. At $350 that was really splurging for me but I could play anything at ultra settings at 1080p which was really cool for me.

Besides, on PC I can torrent games to test them out and then if I actually enjoy a game enough to commit my time to it I can then actually buy it. It's way cheaper assuming you're going to have a desktop computer anyway; of course this is something that not everyone will have but I have many other reasons for owning one outside of games.

As to why I have such an outrageously ridiculous computer now, well, last year my gf wanted a desktop computer for photography work and to play games with me, so I started handing her down my best parts like that 1070 Ti and buying new stuff for myself, and for the first time in my life I had a live-in girlfriend and 2 solid incomes and no real financial strains, so I took the opportunity to act like a big kid and build the outrageously powerful desktop computer experience I'd always wanted. This machine and its price represents not any sort of necessity but instead the flaws in my character. :lol:

anyway, as far as the topic goes, obviously I'm gonna want the PC version of Shenmue III when I have a PC rig that absolutely blows the PS4 away, and even if I didn't have that kind of outrageous rig, whatever computer I would have owned in just a couple years would play the game in a way that absolutely blows the PS4 away. I love being able to play older games at even higher settings, with improvement mods, etc.
It's thinking...
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

Specially Cork wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:27 pm
|darc| wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 10:18 pm Xbox/Sony consoles are just inferior devices trying to be PCs. I have no interest in messing around with an inferior device for gaming when so many great franchises that were originally console-based are now available on PC
I can just never have this mindset. I'd always prefer to take the inferior version and save some money. Even if you gave me £2k cash right now, I'd just rather spend it on something else than a maxed out gaming PC. I knows yours is an extreme example and you can pay a lot less, but I bought my Xbox One for £99 off eBay and I've got just as much out of it as I would have with a modern gaming PC sooo you'll never convince me otherwise. :P

...Having said that I think all the games I've put most time into I've played on PC.

Final Fantasy Xi...Final Fantasy XIV...WoW...and now I'm hooked on Valorant which is the first shooter I've ever loved. I'm finally growing up awww.
The main appeal of game consoles is their ability to play games effortlessly. Some AAAs have loooooong install times/massive updates now. I remember being at a store and looking at 2 copies of GTA V - one for PC, one for PS3. I went with the PS3 version thinking it would be the simple, easy, less visually appealing option (pop the game in and play after maybe 10-20 minutes). 8+ hours later, I finally got to the main menu. By that point, I didn't even care to play the game anymore. My PC wasn't cutting-edge by any means, but it would have run GTA V on reasonable settings easily, the setup time would have likely been much shorter, and there's probably an insane number of mods to play with.

Whoever realizes that appeal and works to honor it is doing it right. Nintendo still appears to embody Gunpei Yokoi's "lateral thinking of withered technology" approach of developing meticulously-optimized software on relatively weak, low-power, commonly-available hardware. All the more to them. While a lot of AAA devs conjure up excuses for why their game "has to run at 15/30 FPS" (after a 10 hr install) on PS4/XONE, Nintendo was hitting 1080p @ 60 FPS on Wii U games running off discs.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Well, I'm retired. I just have my Dreamcast, 360 and PS3 hooked up to my CRT. I did have a modern TV but watching YouTUBE was really distracting so I got rid of it. Didn't help as now I YouTUBE on PS3, Downgrading gave me an excuse to reconnect the classics.

On point, I never thought their was any need for a Xbone or PS4 to exist in the first place and Shenmue 3 looks like a PS3 game anyways. The next generation is what PS4 should have been imo.