Anyone experienced with graphics cards?

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Anyone experienced with graphics cards?

Post by Luriden »

ohai everybody. You all seemed to be pretty efficient with computer advice in the past, so I return with a question.

My CPU is an i5 3350P with 3.10gz I and I have 8gb of RAM. I'm on a budget, so I upgraded my video card to a GTX 650 2GB (not the Ti edition). After selling off my 9600GT 512mb, the card came to about $100.

I have my PC hooked up to a 45 inch 1080p television, so I'd like to run all my games at 1080p. Everything I've tried run 30fps+ for me (which is good enough for me since I'm used to console gaming, where non-COD games are usually around 30fps.) Sleeping Dogs has issues if I turn on AA, but AA doesn't seem to make much of a difference on 1080p anyway.

However, I REALLY want to be able to max out Titanfall. When running at 1080p with Insane texture details, I get about 30fps, but once the titans come into play, I have massive pausing problems. The game will randomly freeze for a second when the action is going on. Even if I'm not in a titan, if there's titans around causing havoc somewhere, it'll pause every 10 seconds or less. I've shut AA and Vsync off, same problem. The framerate is fine otherwise, but the pausing is sporadic and inconvenient. 900p is fine, but I'm going for 1080p.

I thought I was getting a decent card, but after going to different forums and reading reviews, apparently my shiny new GTX 650 is low end garbage. I have my eye on the GTX 750Ti, has anyone used that, and can tell me how much better it really is as opposed to the GTX 650? There's not much of a price difference, but I won't go through the trouble of refunding the 650 all for the sake of a few more frames per second. Especially since Titanfall is the only game not playable at 1080p. If it can actually give me 60fps though, I'll make the small jump to the 750 since that means I should be set to play the newest games for a few years at least.

tl;dr How much better is the 750Ti as opposed to the GTX 650? Yes, I've seen the charts and numbers, but if someone here is experienced with it, please share. Or if you have any other graphic card recommendations around ~$150, please share.