So Resident Evil 6... Not Excited?

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: So Resident Evil 6... Not Excited?

Post by Matisfaction »

I really enjoyed RE: 2 in fact I still have it for my N64, I recently played a bit of Darkside Chronicles it's nice how it revisits RE:2 and Code Veronica, I haven't played any of the newer games since RE:4...

The RE movies that I've seen have been terrible, I was expecting the first one to be in the style of something like REC which would have worked really well IMO. The SGI movie is good, especially as you can pick it up for £4.00 from Amazon.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

cube_b3 wrote:Game fails upon release.

Who didn't see that coming?
It just supports my belief that Japanese developers really need to break out of the bubble they're living in. Switching from survival horror to action is their call - but attempting to make some sort of zombies Gears of War and falling s far from the mark is an embarrassment.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

You can't blame all of Japan for CAPCOM.

Note that since RE4, much of the staff has quit/fired and they have publicly denounced Resident Evil 5 (Shinji Mikami)... So the series was in a crisis even before the 5th one came out.

Japanese shooters like Binary Domain have been received well, atleast by critics if not consumers.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

i stopped caring about the games after 4. i love the movies and can't wait til the next one. i love them in that they or so terrible they are awesome sort of way. i can't stop laughing at them.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Apparently a new direct to dvd movie was released, but didn't really make any kind of splash so i've not seen them.

They also changed Leon's voice actor, AGAIN!
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

The new CG movie is a hell of a lot better than the previous CG one. But that's all. It's a competent, mildly entertaining romp. Worth a watch for RE fans at least.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

I think the original movie had bad marketing.

It was advertised as a Claire and Leon reunion at an Air Port over run by Zombies.

It turned out to be a typical Resident Evil game type movie, and the whole Zombies and Air Port were a very small scene in the first 20 mins of the movie.

I liked the movie though, it was forgettable but it was nice to catch up with Claire and see what she has been up to. Leon & Claire also had a few nice moments.

I should check out the new movie.