The E3 discussion

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Specially Cork
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Re: The E3 discussion

Post by Specially Cork »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:
DaMadFiddler wrote:You will watch this now.

Already posted it, you rotten piece of shit.
As happy as I am about this, Quantam of Solace was total shit. The engine is dreadful. I don't see how changing the movie license to one that spawned a popular game in 1997 is going to fix this. It's also the final nail in the coffin for those that were hoping for a retro release of the Rare original.

My other E3 comments:

Nintendo are full of win. 3DS looks awesome, as do all the games. Apparently a 3D version of Ocarina of Time is coming. Awesome.

Sony gave me absolutely nothing to care about. Very dissapointed.
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by DanteJay »

Un-cancel and bring back Goldeneye for the Virtual Boy damnit!!
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DuffMan »

After watching the Goldeneye trailer and seeing that it is not a direct port of the original N64 game, I am disappointed. I'm sure it will suck, badly. Also, why change Pierce Brosnan? Is it a big deal? No. Is it annoying to myself? Kind of. As a huge fan of the original and still playing the game to this day, I am let down after the supposed rumors of a Wii release of the classic. I really hope one day a proper release/port/rehashing can happen.

Donkey Kong Country will be awesome, as that will be hard to screw up, and since Retro usually does a good job on games, I'm sure it will be good.

The new Zelda looks interesting to me. I'm sure it will be much better then what was shown at E3 as only small parts were shown off, and there was some hardware hiccups during the presentation. I particularly like the style better. It doesn't look exactly like Twilight Princess. It seems to have a bit of a cartoon/original feel to it.

The 3DS will be awesome. Standing in line for that one.

Now, since I don't have 360 or PS3, I have no other comments on their presentation, since I really don't care, and they were mediocre at best.

On the PC side of things, I really am only interested in Blizzard games. I was hoping to see some Diablo 3 news, but since they have grown to be almost bigger than E3 themselves, I'll bet they will hold out till Blizzcon.
OOH! YA! Duffman Says a lot of things.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

The Goldeneye game is such a joke. When this was originally rumored as soon as I heard the name activision I knew it was instant fail. Anyways, besides it not being Brosnan, there are apparently only going to be like 4 levels BASED off of levels from the n64 version. Not to mention that the storyline is no longer about a post cold war conflict or anything to do with Goldeneye. Can we say Rogue Agent?
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

The highlight is Nintendo rehashing the same old franchises in pretty much the same way as always? hooray for e3.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

The same good franchises, you mean.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Juan wrote:The highlight is Nintendo rehashing the same old franchises in pretty much the same way as always? hooray for e3.
It's not the same way. It's 3333333333333333333333333D. Go watch an Imax movie then come back. If the 3DS is as good as everyone is saying it is I'll buy every game again.

But still, this was probably the worst E3 ever for crappy carbon copies of shit we've already played.

Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

MS and Sony still haven't figured out that the only way Wii got away with having a waggle controller was to make it the default, and yeah, the Kinect launch lineup is aggressively lame. It's like they made the perfect blend of misguided "family-friendly" bullshit and Wii shovelware.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Ex-Cyber wrote:MS and Sony still haven't figured out that the only way Wii got away with having a waggle controller was to make it the default, and yeah, the Kinect launch lineup is aggressively lame. It's like they made the perfect blend of misguided "family-friendly" bullshit and Wii shovelware.
Again: neat hardware, absolutely no compelling reason to get it. Microsoft failed hard this year.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

DaMadFiddler wrote:
Jeeba Jabba wrote:
DaMadFiddler wrote:You will watch this now.

Already posted it, you rotten piece of shit.
You posted the article. I posted the trailer. Suck it.
The trailer was linked in the article, you dirty Californian gold-rushing faggot.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Hasney wrote:“DREAMCAST IS BACK”

How do you go about launching class action law suits for deliberately misleading corporate communications?

What it means is, a couple of its games are being resurrected to no doubt underachieve on a new format.
Have you ever thought that the profits from these games might be funnelled into the development of a new Dreamcast console? I for one thank Bilal Xia and others for mass-mailing Sega to make this a reality. There won't be a need for a lawsuit in 2 years time when you're playing Shenmue 3 on your Dreamcast DX. I call it DX because I think it will be the original unit with HD and USB and WIFI enhancements for a low cost.

DREAM ALIVE
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

Hasney wrote:“DREAMCAST IS BACK”

That shirt instills more excitement in me than this years E3. If only it were true...
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

So have they announced yet when the new Nintendo 3DS Lite is coming out? Or are they skipping over the Lite and putting out a 3DSi instead this time?
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Luriden wrote:So have they announced yet when the new Nintendo 3DS Lite is coming out? Or are they skipping over the Lite and putting out a 3DSi instead this time?
Why are console manufacturers not allowed to improve their products?
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

BoneyCork wrote:
Luriden wrote:So have they announced yet when the new Nintendo 3DS Lite is coming out? Or are they skipping over the Lite and putting out a 3DSi instead this time?
Give me back my GBA slot.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

DaMadFiddler wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:
They never took it away from you. If a GBA slot is more important to you than a camera then you stick with the DS Lite.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

BoneyCork wrote:
DaMadFiddler wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:
They never took it away from you. If a GBA slot is more important to you than a camera then you stick with the DS Lite.
Not with them starting the move to 3DS. One thing I liked about both the Gameboy (and, at first, DS) line and the Playstation line is that they retained full backwards compatibility. Over the course of the current generation, both of these product lines have limited or ended that practice. As someone who frequently replays his old games but doesn't want the living room junked up with a hundred consoles, I find this very obnoxious. I have probably 40 GBA cartridges which will be useless if I trade my DS Lite in for a 3DS, and yeah I know I could just keep the DS around as well but that's not really the solution I'm looking for.

Fuck planned obsolescence.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

BoneyCork wrote:

Ask that to SEGA.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

To be fair here, the 3DS IS backwards compatible - with DS games.

Nintendo really tried for the more serious gamers this E3, and I give them props for it. Looks to be a good year. And Mario Galaxy 2 is great.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.