This was posted on a GameFAQS message board

Here lies the historical and much-loved bleemcast! forum, once frequented and moderated by Rand Linden himself, preserved for future generations to enjoy. All new bleemcast!-related posts should be made in the main forum below.
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

This was posted on a GameFAQS message board

Post by 404NotFound »

I found it quite amusing... (A.K.A. from the "Yeah, right" files)

"From: bleem | Posted: 12/26/2001 6:59:19 AM | Message Detail
Bleem has moved on the making a full psx to DC cd mod chip. Some how, they are making a way so you put in a cd in the DC, and you only have to do it once. Then, you can run all psx games on DC! I have proof! One of my on-line buddies is hooked into bleem programs! the bleem! Company, though, refuses to let the public know until they are completed with the software! The bad news is that some games take too much saving memory, like PSX 15 blocks, can't even fit on a small DC card. Thats a shame...
Also, people who are looking for the pre-made bleem games, you can find them on eBay, for like 5-15 dollars. I have MGS, GT2, And Tekken 3.
Any questions or if you want any info, please e-mail me at bleemisback@yahoo.com"
Schnapple
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Schnapple »

Yeah the bad grammar should be the first clue.

Back on the old DCEmu boards, someone reported spotting a "Bleem Chip" for the DC, a mod chip which claimed to be capable of making the Dreamcast play all PSX games. It was in a blue box with very un-Bleem-like lettering. The person who posted it said they spotted it in an independent game store (one that sells mostly used games) but that when they went back to check on it some more they were gone, reportedly "recalled" (code for "illegal" or "useless").

In theory it might be possible. Knowing nothing about how the DC or PSX works I can only speculate on the possibilities of a "PSX on a chip" to be soldered into a DC somehow. If that's possible, then perhaps there's something to this. I know there have been PSX mod chips with MP3 playback capability, so it's possible to get the mod chip to extend the capabilities of the console.

However the line of "not enough room for 15 PSX blocks" is a dead giveaway - Bleemcast allowed for 15 blocks on a DC memory card, so this is obviously not their work. They're programmers, not hardware engineers.
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

Yeah and by the time you go to the trouble of making a mod chip and stuff it's probabally cheaper to just get a PsOne...
SLaYeR
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by SLaYeR »

its sad how people lie like this. Its even more sad when suckers belive it.
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

Yay! I can't wait for Bleem! to release this new PSX chip! I'm so happy! :D (<----- NOTE: SARCASM!)
Image http://www.geocities.com/vanlardo HELP! I CAN'T POST ANY MORE MESSAGES! I KEEP GETTING MESSAGES TELLING ME TO COME BACK LATER!