Why does JoyMenu stop the demos from running?

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
MethodGit
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

Why does JoyMenu stop the demos from running?

Post by MethodGit »

I examined the startup scripts it uses but it does reference demo1, demo2 and demo3, yet it doesn't play them.

I tested QuakeDC without JM and the demos ran perfectly then. What's the setting to make JoyMenu/HexQuake/et al boot the demos like the original instead of going to the menu?

While we're at it, if you had the music pak and you somehow got your copy of QuakeDC /w JM to boot the demos, would qtitle.wav still play when you activate the menu?
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by mankrip »

To play the demos you must press the start button when the main menu shows up. This will close the menu and start the demos.

I've made it this way because QuakeDC takes too long to load maps, and after some time it gets annoying to wait so long for the demos to begin when we just want to play the game.

If you want to make the game play the demos automaticly, delete the lines "menu_main" and "play qtitle.wav" from the quake.rc file.

qtitle.wav must be removed because it's too big, and the DC will run out of memory if you try to play it during a game.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube