Tyne Releases 2 Old Unplayed Mods!

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Tyne Releases 2 Old Unplayed Mods!

Post by Tyne »

Here you go, I released "Street Fighter Quake Final", prequel to Street Fighter 2 Quake.. and is horribly embarassing! However you may have some fun with it. This was made when I was 13 years old!

I also released "Codename Corporal: Complete" edition! Which was talked about for awhile and then never saw the light of day. It included many cool features (Grenades, new death sequences, better overall gameplay, laser sight, and more) and some neat stuff planned and includes the source code ..

However Codename: Corporal Complete died too with Codename: Envenom (Sequel) and The Ascension of Vigil moving it to the back bench (and with good reason).

Be sure to check 'em out!

Get em here,
http://circa1984.com/renegade/Mods/

(sfquake_f.rar, and codepc_c.rar .. respectively)
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
Christuserloeser
Been thanked: 0

Post by Christuserloeser »

Tyne, that's cool ! Thanks a lot :)

...I didn't even have a computer until I was 14... :|
Insane homebrew collector.
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

I can ensure Codename Corporal: Complete is by far better than the previous released versions.
Tyne should be sued for not releasing it before )()(
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Anyone try 'em out? :)
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

I will soon.
Vash*The*Stampede
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Vash*The*Stampede »

I just got done trying them out... For older works, these are still quite good & entertaining. :wink: They all definately have a Tyne feeling to them.

I've got a couple questions for ya:

1. Is there anything you can actually do in Castlevania other then jump and run?? I can't even find any bots...

2. I couldn't get 'Street Fighter Quake Final' to work; Probably has something to do with the odd boot commands. However, I DID get 'Street Fighter 2 Quake' to work.... Somewhat. :| I looked into the readme and noticed Impulse 20 is used to select options, but I still can't figure out how to perform moves or even move the character; All I can do is jump.

I guess what my questions really come down to is that it would be helpful if we could get a command list for some of these mods, or maybe just a quick rundown on how to use them. That is of course if you don't mind. :hellokitty:

By the way, Tyne: Do you still plan on working on Codename : Envenom anymore?? If so, when are you going to start working on it again?? I figure after AoV is done, but that could take some time. Nation.
"In the language of the flower, red geraniums represent determination"
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

1. Load up other maps, look in /maps/ directory, and in console type "changelevel blah"
if blah.bsp is in the map there are monsters to fight, you can also whip and throw some special attacks using impulse 1.

2. Read the readme, impulse 15-19 select characters.

I don't know why you can't move in SF2Q1, it's pretty standard Quake controls. You perform moves by pressing 1-9!

Just rtfm (readme text files! they explain it).

Envenom? Perhaps, I'm not sure. TAoV is #1 priority because it rocks, and the new levels contain some new gameplay elements and some cool ideas.
Moi
QuakeDev Respected
QuakeDev Respected

Post by Moi »

I cant get the qc-menu in codename to work? What are the impulses? I havent found any in the qcsource... :oops:
Create your own Dreamcast games using the Quake-Engine:
http://quakedev.dcemulation.org/develop/getstarted.htm
TheDumbAss
QuakeDev Mod
QuakeDev Mod

Post by TheDumbAss »

I think I was supposed to go through and recode the menu from the earlier version of Codename: Corporal for Codename: Corporal Complete but never got around to it. This is probibly a chunk of why it took forever to see the light of day.

So if Tyne didnt do a QC menu you can yell at me for never getting around to doing it myself. :(
My old Sig was broken. Enter the new Sig!
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

I was gonna do it myself but I got too lazy with the whole project, and I hate doing QuakeC menus. Yell at me before TDA! :)
Moi
QuakeDev Respected
QuakeDev Respected

Post by Moi »

well the menu appears but i cant move the cursor...
Create your own Dreamcast games using the Quake-Engine:
http://quakedev.dcemulation.org/develop/getstarted.htm
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Yeah its incomplete, you can enter maps and add bots however .. or just select the first option twice to start a game automatically.