RADQuake 5

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by Ian Micheal »

I think i have to step in and tell every one mind your own bussness. Sick of it ace very childish post you made thanks for that claps.

We have worked it out thats the way it is.
Dreamcast forever!!!
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ace »

You are both well aware that I'm not just talking about this one thread, but several of the threads that the two of you have hijacked, and slung mud with others in.
WhtCastle
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by WhtCastle »

NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON
/WhtCastle
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Indeed.
Dreamcast forever!!!
speud
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by speud »

You are both well aware that I'm not just talking about this one thread, but several of the threads that the two of you have hijacked, and slung mud with others in
uh? no im not. anyway, do you think thats the best place to talk about it if its not directly connected to this topic? maybe you should pm me your feelings instead of spamming this thread. i really dont care of what you think about me anyway so dont waste your time.
http://blueswirl.fr.st - DC Online Tools and Downloads

thx to Wack0 for the avatar ;)
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Here here!
Dreamcast forever!!!
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer

Post by GyroVorbis »

Holy crap, flaming bumhole wars.

I read this and decided to stay out of it. Then I came back and decided that I had to say something... I'm only commenting as far as coding goes -- not whos side of this arguement I'm on.

I can see where Speud is coming from. I understand why he is pissed. I recently started programming the dc. My friend was making art and junk. I TOLD him what sizes exactly, but he went off and made this 313x723 thing.

What pissed me off most, was how much I truely loved it. I had to tell him to redo it. Luckily he wasn't an ass. But I can see why somebody would be pissed after telling somebody how to make their work compatable with your own, but they don't do it.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

speud, you are being extremely selfish griping about losing "your time" and forgetting that fragger may have put in just as much time as you have. Your selfish and egotistical remarks to fragger were downright rude, then you go on a rampage when someone openly critisizes you. You are just like your buddy reaper there and you both are like screaming little children begging for attention.

And speud, don't start with the "use PMs to express opinions" crap. You posted on a public forum, expect people to reply, and don't expect everyone to love you.
miracleman
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by miracleman »

why not just release speuds version of radquake and then let fragger try to take his changes over to that? Then at least speuds work won't have been wasted.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

speud wrote:if i see more of these i wont release it, thats not a blackmail nor a childish attitude.
being in the emulation scene for any length of time, i've heard this so many times it's painful. I guess a lot of coders are insecure and need to be made to feel like they're superior and respected otherwise they throw a hissy fit, and stop working on projects to spite people. Obviously i'm not generalising all coders, a gread deal have a good deal of common sense: metafox, wh16, bluecrab... etc etc.

I guess what i'm trying to say is, people do apreciate the work thats involved in releasing coding projects to the dc scene, it's an often unapreciated and frustrating scene full of 10 year old kids, but don't forget code will never replace good manners or politeness. I've never coded anything for the dreamcast, yet i think (or hope) that i have the respect of a great number of people in the scene because i know how to have a laugh and i treat people with repect. think about that gents.
GyroVorbis

Post by GyroVorbis »

souLLy wrote: I guess what i'm trying to say is, people do apreciate the work thats involved in releasing coding projects to the dc scene, it's an often unapreciated and frustrating scene full of 10 year old kids, but don't forget code will never replace good manners or politeness. I've never coded anything for the dreamcast, yet i think (or hope) that i have the respect of a great number of people in the scene because i know how to have a laugh and i treat people with repect. think about that gents.
:worship: :bow:
I respect you(r avatar).
Ender
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Ender »

Just out of curiosity, are you guys using any sort of development document or specific list of how structures are arranged and whatnot?

Cuz by the sounds of it, you're not, and by the sounds of it, it'd be useful.

Of course foresight doesn't always work so well.
speud
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by speud »

thats it, i wont release anything.

just because im so superior i waited for fraggers code and didnt release it a while back although people told me to do it, now only a few people with a bit of common sense can understand my decision.

i like to be judged by people so much that i feel i have to release everything just for the fun of seeing the same people who are talking crap about my decision enjoy playing with it. im so selfish eh.

i guess im not a real coder, unlike the people you mention, just because i am missing good manners and politeness so much that i wanted fragger to work with me, just because i felt bad releasing it without his changes from the begining, dont forget it.

Ender
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Ender »

speud wrote:thats it, i wont release anything.

just because im so superior i waited for fraggers code and didnt release it a while back although people told me to do it, now only a few people with a bit of common sense can understand my decision.

i like to be judged by people so much that i feel i have to release everything just for the fun of seeing the same people who are talking crap about my decision enjoy playing with it. im so selfish eh.

i guess im not a real coder, unlike the people you mention, just because i am missing good manners and politeness so much that i wanted fragger to work with me, just because i felt bad releasing it without his changes from the begining, dont forget it.
and we have hissy fit. :roll: Look, by the sounds of it, you guys weren't very organized in what you were doing. If you had a big problem with that, then it would fall to you to say specifically what you were doing, and hand everybody specific pseudocode with structure lists et al.

You may have done this. I don't know. What I do know is that you're taking this way too seriously. Everybody runs into these problems. Its a feature of working in teams. Now, if you have a big problem with a team member, you take it out on them directly, not bitch about them, and at them in a public place and expect to be lauded for your mad programming skills.

Sorry man, but from what I've heard thus far, and from your last post, I gotta agree that you're sounding pretty damn childish.
speud
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by speud »

did i bitch about fragger? where did i do that please? i told him in the topic he made that i planned not to use his changes, cause he didnt PMed me yet. then he PMed me and i entered more in details with the reasons i didnt want to use his changes.

the problem is since i publicly posted my decision i have nothing but people reproaching me not to use his changes and forcing me to explain the reasons of my choice again and again.

and once more, the 2 codes are not compatible because we changes the same parts, but we did it diferently. for example i modified the vm menu and he did it too.

you should really look for "childish" definition, if that means someone who dont want to please people who dont respect him then yes im childish. honnestly, if people were continuously bashing your project i think you would be as childish as me.

Ender
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Ender »

speud wrote:did i bitch about fragger? where did i do that please? i told him in the topic he made that i planned not to use his changes, cause he didnt PMed me yet. then he PMed me and i entered more in details with the reasons i didnt want to use his changes.
Look at your first few posts. Those definately are bitchy.
and once more, the 2 codes are not compatible because we changes the same parts, but we did it diferently. for example i modified the vm menu and he did it too.
And like I said, if this was as big of an issue as you're making it out to be, you should have stepped up and made a decent design doc. Then you wouldn't have the problem.
you should really look for "childish" definition, if that means someone who dont want to please people who dont respect him then yes im childish. honnestly, if people were continuously bashing your project i think you would be as childish as me.
I honestly think that the only reason people are bashing you is because you're being all whiney and pissy. I don't think everyone's reallly "Go Fragger!" or some such. It's really that you are working in a team. This happens in teams. If you have a problem with it, then speak directly to your team, not via a public board. The only thing that will happen if you do, is that you'll come off as an ass.
speud
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by speud »

look, i never intended to bash fragger, thats why i reacted so violently to cristuserlosers post. i only posted here because that was the only way to contact him quickly and get him to read my decision. my first post is definitely not as bitchy as you think. i was explaining him my decision and why i made it. just because i posted it in a public thread doesnt mean everybody can come and insult me for no reason.

also i dont know what document youre talking about, but quake is quite complex and making a list of all my changes in detail would take some time. instead i suggested him not to work on the parts i knew i intended to modify, i knew if we worked separately the 2 codes of us wouldnt have much chance to be used in the same version. when i started working on this i wasnt aware fragger was working on his update too, and we already had made some changes before we knew we were not alone to work on it.

also fragger looked like he thought my changes would be easy to add to his code, although i warned him it wouldnt be that simple. i modified almost every file in the project, and i still had to watch the source carefully again to know which parts i modified.

WRAGGSTER
DCEmu.co.uk Webmaster
DCEmu.co.uk Webmaster

Post by WRAGGSTER »

Oh dear, yet again we have Very Rude people who think they have power over everyone.

Remember this:

Treat people as you yourself would like to be treated

I Really feel sorry for Fragger in this, it seems he has been spoken to in a most undignifying way, just because you are coders ( yes i do respect all coders for putting their hard work into these great projects) it does not mean you can treat people like poop/dung. Look at the greats like BlackAura, Mr Siggler, Rand, Metafox they dont need to do it and you shouldnt either.

Now both of you are in your 20s so childish comments shouldnt be needed, if you do or dont release it we will respect that, but any comments like " you called me so im not sharing my dummy" are not needed.

Show some respect.

My final quote for today is "Whenst on other forums doing stuff you shouldnt, a wise person changes their nickname, or will find the wrath in google"

the poetry :)

Now lets get back to the plot Gentlemen.

Peace
Webmaster of DCEmu

The Homebrew and Gaming Network Covering All Consoles.
Ender
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Ender »

speud wrote:look, i never intended to bash fragger, thats why i reacted so violently to cristuserlosers post. i only posted here because that was the only way to contact him quickly and get him to read my decision. my first post is definitely not as bitchy as you think. i was explaining him my decision and why i made it. just because i posted it in a public thread doesnt mean everybody can come and insult me for no reason.
If you were a manager in a store, you would not say something like what you did to one of your employees without taking them aside. If you did, you'd look like an ass in front of employees. Whether it was intended that way or not, it was a beratement in public, and I personally feel that you should apologize publically. What you said could easily have been said via PM or any number of other ways.

People didn't insult you for no reason. People insulted you because of how you were acting towards and about a fellow team member in a public place.
also i dont know what document youre talking about, but quake is quite complex and making a list of all my changes in detail would take some time. instead i suggested him not to work on the parts i knew i intended to modify, i knew if we worked separately the 2 codes of us wouldnt have much chance to be used in the same version. when i started working on this i wasnt aware fragger was working on his update too, and we already had made some changes before we knew we were not alone to work on it.

also fragger looked like he thought my changes would be easy to add to his code, although i warned him it wouldnt be that simple. i modified almost every file in the project, and i still had to watch the source carefully again to know which parts i modified.
Like I said, planning could have avoided this, as could have proper communication. However, since you knew fragger was going to have net problems, you should have done some real planning beforehand. This is all as much your fault as his, so stop acting like you're exempt from blame.
speud
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by speud »

"Whenst on other forums doing stuff you shouldnt, a wise person changes their nickname, or will find the wrath in google"
unless they have nothing to be ashamed of. also who said i shouldnt do this and that? and how is it related to RADquake? or maybe someone should change the name of this thread and call it "come and bash speud for fun" :?: