RADquake 4.5beta

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
Moi
QuakeDev Respected
QuakeDev Respected
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Post by Moi »

Do you mean there are bugs in the source code?
Because I first thought the reason why it crashed was different toolchain versions...
Create your own Dreamcast games using the Quake-Engine:
http://quakedev.dcemulation.org/develop/getstarted.htm
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Really should compile on any version of kos-1.1.9 with SDL After you have applyed beros patch to sdl and it should compile fine. I was going to try see why it will not compile for you since it's easy for me allways was. Problem with the toolchains was sound stops work and other problems if you dont apply bero's patch. SDL will not work correctly Slower was a problem to dont know why compiler setting maybe?.

Since ive not checked any of fraggers changes , i cant be sure whats really has been changed other then look at the change log Since i work on it at the same time when he gives me changes i have to take each line out of his and add it to each file I have edited which in the end gets confusing to say the lest.

It needs to be easyer to look at was, what i thought you meant. As it is i get lost trying to re add things or edit it more fusting again.

Im not happy with it right now or coding so Ive not got the motivation to do what i want Thats get saving working then it's finshed i would say .

Fustrated you could call me ive worked on saving for more then a week with out to much progress it saves to the vmu it trys to load off it but then crashes. I cant seem to do it.

Stuiped I have to give up on for now. Sorry it's making me want to stop doing every thing.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Moi
QuakeDev Respected
QuakeDev Respected

Post by Moi »

No, I didn't say it won't compile. It DOES compile well and I can also load the bin via dcHakker. Then the mainmenu loads but the program crashes when I try to start a new game/load a map. I don't know about sound because my dreamcast runs with my TVCapture card on my PC.

I got a precompiled toolchain from the german nexgam site which came with KOS 117. I could also compile kos119 and SDL sources with it. I didn't apply Beros SDL patchesas far as I know maybe thats the reason for crashings.

Anyways the only reason for me to compile RADQuake was to change the path from /cd/quake/id1 to /cd/id1 to make the directionary structure compatible with QDC and being able to run both on one cdr.

BTW Ian do you still work on your Gamers Quiz game?
Create your own Dreamcast games using the Quake-Engine:
http://quakedev.dcemulation.org/develop/getstarted.htm
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Yeah Quiz game Has these improvements.

- changing the theme back ground Via txt file
- changing all the anwsers loctations Via txt file
- Changing the Quizs Via txt file. Via txt files

Wanted Online loading of quiz packs
Saving the txt files to vmu then loading them back.

So whole thig can be custmized now via moding it bit like the bor engine just not as good. If it finds the Txt files then it loads the custom version if it does not it loads the default game.

It's about 50% more complex the engine but still lacking things i wanted in it. Ive had 1547 viruses on my pc and i cant get rid of them. Lots of my dev system was removed when the scanner thought it be fun to remove things Del = clean for it.

Any way i have it totaly changable And you can mod it with out a problem translate etc.

It will be free the engine i will change in to date sims chose your own adventure etc. But this is the first game for it.
Dreamcast forever!!!
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
Been thanked: 0

Post by mankrip »

Ian Micheal wrote:Since ive not checked any of fraggers changes , i cant be sure whats really has been changed other then look at the change log Since i work on it at the same time when he gives me changes i have to take each line out of his and add it to each file I have edited which in the end gets confusing to say the lest.

It needs to be easyer to look at was, what i thought you meant. As it is i get lost trying to re add things or edit it more fusting again.

Im not happy with it right now or coding so Ive not got the motivation to do what i want Thats get saving working then it's finshed i would say .

Stuiped I have to give up on for now. Sorry it's making me want to stop doing every thing.
I understand how you feel, and I was sad in part because I felt that I was kinda abusing your help.

What I need is to somehow get KOS and SDL working, to be able to compile things by myself. But I'm with no net at home now. I downloaded a lot of things from the DCEmu's dev site once, but I wasn't able to install anything. There was a program I had to install, Cygwin I guess, and its installation program had like THOUSANDS of optional components to choose, and I had no clue about which of those components I would really need. Since I didn't want to do a full install and fill my HD with useless junk, I stopped.

The only things I would really like to work on are RADQuake and NesterDC. Compared with QC, DC development is frustrating to start. In QC you only have to download a zip file, extract the compiler (a single executable file), double-click in it, and your code gets compiled.

In the future, when I have the chance, I will try to install it again.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube