RADquake 4.5beta

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

RADquake 4.5beta

Post by Ian Micheal »

Host of bits changed and added. You can reload the mod-menu from with in quake now just go to quit press (Y) and try the next mod on the cd.

This is not fully-tested I know it reloads the file list.
Diskswap support was added by fragger it did not work just needed to add one line of code it reloads the files off the cd now but i dont know if it loads the mod it may work.

Read the doc files that come with it or my site for all the other update bits.

This is a true beta ive had no time to test it completely at all.
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dreamcast forever!!!
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
Has thanked: 0

Post by law56ker »

awesome!
Moi
QuakeDev Respected
QuakeDev Respected

Post by Moi »

Good news once again! Gotta try it with Qontra.

Downloading....
Create your own Dreamcast games using the Quake-Engine:
http://quakedev.dcemulation.org/develop/getstarted.htm
miracleman
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
Been thanked: 0

Post by miracleman »

hi, i've made selfbooting disc of the beta but there seems to be a problem with the mod menu. the menu comes up but whatever mod i choose i only get standard quake. i know that i've put the mods in the right folder ( in the quake folder ) and they all turn up on the mod menu . anyone else have this? anyway the ability to access the mod menu from quake is cool!!!
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

PRYDON_DEMO Mod works Seems Not much else Is loading from the modmenu. Try loading the map from the console It may work then.

Like i said ive not had time to test it much. Only the one mod which does boot.

PRYDON_DEMO try that one if you can.
Dreamcast forever!!!
TheDumbAss
QuakeDev Mod
QuakeDev Mod

Post by TheDumbAss »

Engine and source have been mirrored on EdgeFiles
Engine: http://www.edgefiles.com/files/11870.html
Source: http://www.edgefiles.com/files/11871.html

I dont know when I'll get a chance to test it out for myself though...
When I do I'll make my comments on it.

16 client support is a very interesting thing though :)
My old Sig was broken. Enter the new Sig!
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Yeah This is a real beta so a fix to it might come out soon i was in a rush i must admit.

I just dont get the same time to do it.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

I'm gonna burn a CD with the latest beta today with a bunch of my mods. I'll tell you how it goes..

Well.. that sure sucked, you guys broke mod support. It only loads regular quake. :(
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Looks like it's int's the cd audio first and that breaks mod support.

Going to be a bugger to fix Dam.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Perhaps going back to an older version of the mod menu where it worked properly?
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Yeah Going to go back to older source Base and add some of fraggers changed by hand. Some thing I added from his update went screwy.

Been working on it a few hours Got it working again 320x240 is only benchmarking 10fps timedemo But it's running 24 to 37 in the developers menu. 320x200 is benchmarking 20fps timedemo and 37 to 57 fps in the dev menu.

I think none of it is working right there's no way it's running at 10 fps .

Be back on track soon.

Being able to swap disks and returned to the mod menu in quake will be major boon for people i would think when this all works out.
Dreamcast forever!!!
XXXNINTENDOGURLXXX
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by XXXNINTENDOGURLXXX »

Not trying to bug you or anything, but will RadQuake ever support saving? :( :|
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Yeah One alusive day. Till then use 4.4 till i have an update fix for this.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Can't wait to try that on the latest RADQuake ;)
dantheman10110
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by dantheman10110 »

dont mean to be a bother, but can someone post the SBI? id do it myself, but i'm kinda not good at it.
If you can read this, you're a loser!
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

You can get 4.4 SBI version Which would be better at this point it's just as good any way.

I think curt's site has it or Sbiffy site would have it Dc homebrew have not updated RADquake page for so long so dont get it there it's a really crap version.
Dreamcast forever!!!
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

Sorry to all, I should have posted this earlier, but this post is complicated and I needed some time to write it. Also I couldn't download the version 4.5 (binary & source) until recently, so I didn't see these problems when it was released.

When I saw the source code I had the impression that nearly none of my changes were added, and got quite sad. And when I played the binary I saw all those things that weren't added, but also noticed that some of my changes which aren't in the released source code of RADQuake 4.5 were compiled, so I did some tests to see what's happening.

First I compared each one of my edited files with the ones in the released source, to see which ones were not included in the released sourcecode. Then I played the game looking for things that would let me know which ones of my edited files were actually compiled.

Files added to the source (both are compiled too):
dc_menu.c
sdl_vid.c

The files below aren't in the released sourcecode. The sourcecode was released with old versions of these files.
The messages below the filenames explains how you can check if the file was compiled in the binary.
I checked all the files. The ones that were compiled are in the normal color (black) and the non-compiled ones are in red.
Some files can't be tested, so I have no idea if they were compiled in the binary. They are colored in blue.
cd_sdl.c
Added a newline after the first double-dots ( : ) of the error message of the CD initialization, so it would be easier to read in 320x240.

chase.c

cl_demo.c
Added a new line before the "playing demo" message.

cl_main.c

cmd.c
Added the cmdlist and the cvarlist commands.

common.c
Removed the "playing shareware/registered version" & "added packfile" messages from the initialization.

console.c
The prompt on the full-screen console is only shown if the user press a key. You can test it by starting a game, then entering the "disconnect" command in the console, then pressing the ESC key or the Start button twice.

cvar.c
Removed the message "cvar changed to #".

d_init.c
The cvar d_mipscale was changed to 0.8

dc_input.c
Changed the controller's threshold cvars to axis-based instead of action-based. The old threshold cvars were removed and the dc_axis#_threshold (# = X, Y, L or R) cvars were added.

host.c
Changed the initialization routines and increased the maximum number of clients to 16.

host_cmd.c
Improved the "startdemos" command.

keys.c
Removed PC joystick's keybinds.

menu.c
Some options were changed, some were added, and I fixed a typo in Ian's e-mail address.

pr_cmds.c
Set the default value for horizontal autoaim to 0.99

r_main.c
Added a lame flickering effect to the weapon model when the player is invisible.

sbar.c
Added a sbar_show_bg cvar to toggle the background of the classic status bar.

screen.c
The whole screen is refreshed every frame, to make the status bars work properly with low screen sizes.

snd_dma.c
Removed the sound initialization messages and made WAV sounds with no attenuation to play full volume on both channels.

sv_main.c
Removed the message "VERSION 1.00 SERVER (# CRC)" that appears when you load a map.

d_iface.h
Fixed the r_waterwarp bug in the 320x240 resolution.

keys.h
These aren't the only changes I made to these files, but they're enough to test.

There's also a problem with the file sys_sdl.c. The one included in the released sourcecode is completely different from the one I edited, so it probably is a new or edited version from Ian. It isn't a problem to me if he want to rewrite the file, because I can just get the new file and apply my changes to it. The problem is that the heapsize is set to 12 in both my edited file and in the file from the released source, but the game displays only 10 MB of heapsize at the initialization, so I have absolutely no idea about which file Ian compiled in the binary: my edited version, his version, or (as the heapsize indicates) another version.

I already found it strange that in the 4.4 source the modmenu was not called anywhere in the source. I was trying to understand the modmenu, and I tried to understand how it is linked to the rest of the code, but there wasn't any reference to it in any of the source files. Then, when I was checking the source files in the last released source I saw that the modmenu is called by the "main" function in the file sys_sdl.c.

I don't know why the modmenu is called by the "main" function in the 4.5 source but not in the 4.4 source. This makes me wonder if the sys_sdl.c file in the 4.4 source really works. Unfortunately I can't compile it to test, so I don't know. Also I don't know why the released source is so different from the compiled binary.

Sorry to everyone for these problems. All my source changes are here, including the ones which weren't compiled in the binary. I didn't have any intention of not releasing my source files, and I had released them before RADQuake 4.5.

Well, I really don't know what to say. Really. I don't want to say something that could be interpreted in a wrong way. I better just finish this post.

Bugs:

I noticed that when you swap the disc and press X at the modmenu you must press up or down to update the screen. This is my fault, and should be easy to fix.

You must put the CD with the RADQuake binaries in the DC before quitting from the game back to the modlist, because RADQuake reloads its bin file from the disc, and if it can't find the bin file in the disc it will freeze. A solution for this would be reloading the bin from the RAM instead of the disc, but I don't know how to do it.

The modlist isn't working right, any game you choose (except the mission packs) will start normal Quake. And the game crashes if you start a mission pack. I don't know why it isn't working now, because I removed the quotes from the game directories, and this is the only thing I think that could cause this.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Source that got uploaded was a mistake pretty simple other then that It's a stuff up.

But i will fix it soon But Any one can compile it it's opensource if you drop fraggers changes over 4.4 it crashes and will not load quake i had to fix that so it worked parts got left out thats the way it is.

When i make a release with someone's updates not allways will it go to plan on this project i had to change my version so your changes worked fragger i made a lot of changes my self but there not going to work with your files.

Source is mixed up but the bin is compiled from your changes i had to edit them so it booted

Dont know why you be sad i did it for you after all
Dreamcast forever!!!
Moi
QuakeDev Respected
QuakeDev Respected

Post by Moi »

Ian: It's not easy to compile the RADQuake source although i got to compile the regular v41 source it only works with the main menu but crashes while loading a map.

So for me as a newbe theres no chance to compile any changes to the source codeand make a working RADQuake release.
Create your own Dreamcast games using the Quake-Engine:
http://quakedev.dcemulation.org/develop/getstarted.htm
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Ok im sorry I will clean it up more It's a mess even for me. See what i can do about making it easyer to use.
Dreamcast forever!!!