DoomDC Page Updates

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by XDelusion »

Did you get Cable internet or something?
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

No, I just left it on for a while, and did something else (studying for an exam which ended up taking me 7 minutes to do).
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Right... We now have the shareware versions of Doom, Heretic, Hexen and Rise of the Triad up, totalling about 13MB. I was going to add Duke3D, but I didn't, partly because there's no DC port yet, and partly because I couldn't find the shareware version anywhere.
cybdmn
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by cybdmn »

and partly because I couldn't find the shareware version anywhere.
The PC Version ?

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/duke3d/
...where the sanest place is behind a trigger
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Thanks. I might upload it later.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

I have rescued Lummox JR's DeHackED Grab Bag from the net, and added it to the site. If you are looking to understand DeHack editing under DOOM, then check this guide out! Good for beginners and vetrans.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

I finally got Cable again, so I plan on updating all my web pages, including DOOMDC.TK.

I am considering going through and re-organizing the pWADs, and packing the milti-wad packs into a single wad file. This will come in handy for the next update to DOOMX on the XBOX, which will require that they be in a single wad...

...also it will make your wad list shorter.

Anyhow, keep an eye out, I may add a few things here and there.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Can DoomX load DeHacked patches from inside the WAD file? nxDoom supports the DEHACKED lump in the same way that Doom Legacy does, so you could merge each multi-file mod into a single WAD file.
WRAGGSTER
DCEmu.co.uk Webmaster
DCEmu.co.uk Webmaster

Post by WRAGGSTER »

would you like doomdc hosted on dchomebrew?

at least if ever the hosting goes at frashs place thenyou have a new home?

let me know via pm (or i forget easy :P)
Webmaster of DCEmu

The Homebrew and Gaming Network Covering All Consoles.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

Hmm it whould be cool to see someone make a nxdoom mod pack with confirmed working mods, i suck at that kind of stuff and whoudl be cool if someone made a premade pack and all you had to do is add the doom files.....please someone do this:)
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Aura: No...

...unfortunatly the authors are VERY bull headed about the whole DOOM issue, and refuse to add in support for anything aside of standard pWAD support. No BOOM, no BEX, and last but not least, no DEH support. If DOOM95 does not support it, either will DOOMX. :(

Regardless, I am going to merge the required scripts in with every WAD file. I don't see why this should be an issue with DOOMX, as far as I know, it will simply ignore the extra data. Will find out when pWAD support is added.

I don't have a clue how to code, all I know is that C is supposed to be somewhat similiar to Fraggle Script, so since I know some FS, I figure I'll have a go and look at the DOOMX source and compare it with another source port like nxDOOM, and see if I can't figure out how to add DEH support myself. If by some act of gawd, I should succeed, then I'll release my own version.

WRAG: I'll msg you.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

There's a huge chunk of DeHacked code in nxDoom - have a look at dehacked.c. The only thing that required a lot of changes elsewhere was replacing the in-game text strings. If you disable that, you can more or less drop dehacked.c in, hook it up (so it has a DeHacked file to work with), and it'll work. Removing text replacement tends to break a lot of things though...

There's also a load of changes to the WAD loader that were required to support loading new graphics from a PWAD. Doom95 didn't support that either, and that's a big reason that a lot of things work at all in nxDoom.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

So basically I'm going to be beating my head against the wall.

I wonder how different Windows code can really be from XBOX code though...

...you would figure it would pretty much be the same.

I'm interested in that OpenXDK for the XBOX. They have a version of DOOM for it, but it has to be compiled, and of course Cygwin does not load when I try to launch it with the Desktop short cut.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Just to let you all know, I'm not being lazy this time, I've just not updated and merged all the wads on the page yet because I am waiting to see where exactly the XBOX ports of DOOM and DOOM Legacy are heading first. No need to put a bunch of work into something, when it may need to be changed again later.

In the mean time, enjoy my news posts. ;)