Problem w/scourge of armagon

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
racerx96
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Problem w/scourge of armagon

Post by racerx96 »

I'm trying to make a DC version of the mission pak Scourge.....I have followed the instructions on the DCQuake site to modify and change some of the info to the letter. I have used the Suse self boot to make it self boot just like my version of Q1. When I try to load the game on my DC it starts like its going to load but then keeps returning to the swirl screen and keeps trying to reboot over and over like its caught in a loop. Can anybody help me out here???? I've already made a few coasters, I'd hate to make a lot more.....Thanks racerx :?
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

After editing the .pak files, test it on your computer before burning a Quake DC disc. If the SoA edited .pak files works on your computer, it will work on Quake DC.

Tell us if your modified .pak files worked on your PC, so we can give you a better answer.[/u]
racerx96
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by racerx96 »

How do I test the files??? :oops:
racerx96
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by racerx96 »

I think I figured out the file test. I changed the ID1 folder in quake with my ID1 "scourge DC" folder and when I started a game of Quake on pc it went right to scouge...does this mean I have altered the files correctly ?, is it possible that the suse selfboot does not work with the modified quake I hope this helps you guys out so you can help me!!! Thanks :D
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

If you didn't see the Titanium logo, it should be a burning problem.
And another sugestion... make a non-selfboot disc to test and load it with the Utopia boot, to be sure that it's not a problem with selfboot burning.
racerx96
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by racerx96 »

Thanks for all your help, I got it working....had old junk in the data folders of the selfboot and it corrupted it somehow. It is a cool mod even though it seems to stutter a bit more getting the progs off the disc. Still another game I can play on my DC that no other console can.....cool. 8)
TheDumbAss
QuakeDev Mod
QuakeDev Mod

Post by TheDumbAss »

If you feel like burning it again something that will decrease the loading times a bit would be adding a dummy file. I noticed dummys making a bit of a differance myself. A couple other people have reported they thought it made a differance too.

I'm not sure what why extra stuff in the data folder would mess things up. I've got all kinds of extra crud on a couple of my QuakeDC discs...
My old Sig was broken. Enter the new Sig!
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

IMHO adding WAVs for ingame music is a *much* nicer alternative to a dummy file...
TheDumbAss
QuakeDev Mod
QuakeDev Mod

Post by TheDumbAss »

Hehe... true... but that adds a bit of extra complication.

If you dont get the wavs to have a lower LBA then the pak files then it doesnt help any. And since the sounds dir is higher alphabeticly then ID1 then you'd have to force the LBA to be differant than selfboot programs do automaticly.

Also theres the whole thing about the extra data that would need to be loaded while playing. (which may actually slow it down a tad.)
My old Sig was broken. Enter the new Sig!
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

If you burn it in non-selfboot, you can leave the .pak files to be included in the second session