nxDOOM Compatability list

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by XDelusion »

BobBorakovitz wrote:Twilight Warrior works
and so do the Wolfendooms...except for the later ones
that you're supposed to start on level 20 in the arctic one
(-warp doesn't seem to work for me past level 9)
Did you get the original missions going for the Woldenstein TC? I can load up, then get a black screen, though Spear seems to work perfectly for me.
Sakiru
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Sakiru »

Doing images for Zelda wouldn't be all that much work. Basically it is taking screenshots of Zelda from an emulator, and re-drawing them yourself or resizing the image, right? I can redraw stuff from Zelda on my computer with ease if I have a screenie sitting beside me.

If any one feels like giving me some info I will see what I can do.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Feel free to private msg me about any questions you have on the sprite lay out.
fatheadpete
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by fatheadpete »

what about army of darkness (for doom 1 or 2), anyone tested it.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

I have it, but have not played around with it as of yet. There will be a gianst adition of working MODs on the page son though, I am shure they will keep you busy/ :)
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

I've been testing A LOT more MODs, keep checking up on the page, as there are is going to be some major expansion going on in the next few days. This new release is great! :)
archduke
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by archduke »

Its more than just great its awesome... just want to reiterate... in case i forgot to say... THANKS BLACKAURA!
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Strain seems to work perfectly, I found a new version of this which I am now uploading to the site and will be finished in about a half hour from this post. If non of you have played this one before then this is a MUST!!!!!

Strain features new textures, new weapons, new enemies ect! Right away you begin to realize how good the map design is laid out with level one as there are a lot of hidden passages and what not to keep you interested, but once you reack level two you will be even more into it, then by the time you reach level three you will be amazed, as the levels are not only getting more and more interesting, but the enemies seem to have found a BRAND NEW BAG as well! You'll see what I mean! :)

Anyhow the file is about done, head over to the site shortly and get it now! It is absolutly amazing! Sounds good with my Amiga mix too. :)
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Whell Of Time - Seems to work, but the Modmenu does not allow it to load wihtout a missing texure or flat error.
==========

A Fistful Of DOOM - Ditto

==========

All Hell Breaks Loose - Ditto

==========

New Breed - Ditto

==========

Area 51 - Works, but I think it is only 2 stages long, worth checking out though, lots of animated textures in this one, and a couple new enemies I think.

=========

Cleimos 2 - Working

=========

Dimensions Of Time - Works. This is one WAD to examine, and think badly of yourself if you can't learn howto make maps for DOOM yourself as this one was made by an 8 year old.

=======

Doom 2 Extreme - Working, though weapons sprites need fixed. Yes yes this one is very awsome, but not as awsome as DOOM 2 Extreme Gold, but still worth it! And in case you were wondering, yes there are fresh new levels, not the same as in Gold.

=======
Doom 2 Extreme Gold - Works perfectly it seems, the only problems that I see is the fact that when you shoot certain weapons, you will get a glimpse of a frame from the old weapon that used to be there. I'll fix that before I upload it to the site though. This is a rather historic TC for DOOM, with a little nasty history behind it too, thing is that a lot of the levels, sprites and what not were ripped off of other people's work, but hey, it is still fun to play. :)

=========

DSV 4 - Working like a charm, amazing!!!!

Not really, just had to get those who know what it is hyped. Cruel joke. :)

========

Earth - Works fine, you gotta see the first part of stage 1, looks like crap under Legacy, but on the DC it looks like it was supposed to, awsome ocean sceen!

=======

Esacape From Natas - Works

======

HacX - Playable yes, but from what I can remember, this was a commercial TC to be, but it never released to they dumped it on the DOOM FTP sites. The enemies seems to be fine, though I am not shure that they are acting in character, nor am I shure the ammo is set the way it was intended, or the weapons acting as they should as everything has standard DOOM 2 attributes. I did notice one enemy seems to be missing a frame which makes me think that something is definatly off. Either I or someone else will have to run through the game with the original executable, and see what all needs changed. I think the game was supposed to feature breakable glass which is something we can not do on nxDOOM (at least not yet), so if that is the case, that glass is gonna havet to go. I'll consider posting this one on the page, but it is gonna be another Chex Quest scenario where you are going to have to download updates to the DeHacked file as it is gradually updated to make the game run closer to its original intent. Over all though, this game would WELL be worth the effort to make it work like normal, this is what was to be prollibly the best TC our there for DOOM!

========

Hell Revealed - Working

========

Heroes 2 - Working

======

MEMENTO MORI 2 - Working. If you have played Memento Mori, then you will no doubt LOVE this one. This is the work of a team of some of the best DOOM mappers out there, I still can't get over all the candy!! Get them both!!!

======

Mordeth - Works. Great maps, new enemies, another classic for shure!!!

======

Obituary - Seems to work fine. New enemies, with weapon patches. Another great one that you don't seem to hear much about.

======

Raven - Works. I think the guys who made this one were later hired by Raven Software because of this. The maps are top quality, and start out with the tough enemies, only for an experienced DOOMer. :)

======

Requiem - Works. Another one held with high respect in the DOOD world.

========

Twilight Zone - Works. It has nothing to do with the TV show, but is still a lot of phun.

=======

That is it for now, I'll have these upload to the page soon.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

XDelusion - Could you tell me exactly what's wrong with them? I know my sprite loader has some (large) holes in it, but it's either that or load all sprites twice, which is why Beta 2 loads faster than Beta 1. I think I can fix it later though.

I had a look at New Breed - I have no idea what's causing the error there. It must be a sprite merge problem, but I have no idea what.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Ya, if I get a chance sometime today, I'll run back through them and see what is up.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Wheel Of Time: nxDOOM beta 2 - Fatal Error
R-FlatNumForName: JETBLACK not found.

Does not sound like a sprite to me.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

That's a floor texture, and I know that nxDoom loads those fine. It's possible that the WAD is corrupted - does it work under any other Doom ports?
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Ran great under Legacy. I'll get you those other errors, but am busy playing HacX atm. :)
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Interesting... I'll have to d/l that and check it out. I'm busy attempting to download HacX, and it's so sloooooow. Curse 3DDownloads and their useless file servers!
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

I was forced to use Get Right to fully download my copy, be shure to grab that DEH file too, you'll need it! :)
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Downloaded the 9MB files only version, and it works perfectly. Very impressive, very nice. And, unusually, I can't think of anythink I could do to it to make it work better, aside from make it work without a Doom WAD file (which should be possible, by the looks of it. A near 100% TC!)
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Ya that would be kool, we could inject the DEH file into it, then you could get it to run without DOOM II, which would mean Nero images... :)
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

I just tried loading HACX.WAD, inserting the DEH file and the PLAYPAL lump into it, and it does run as an IWAD! I'll have to test it a bit, but we may have a fully-working non-commercial IWAD here.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Playpal.lmp? What does that do? Gotta head out, I'll look at it when I get back. Oh, and that is X commercial. I guess that site is held by one of the guys who helped make it. :)