nxDOOM Compatability list

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by XDelusion »

Oh ya, Eternal works! :) Thought there was some DEH in that, but I guess not, I'll rescan the files to make double shure but it looks DEH free, and still manages to impress the crap outta me, go grab it, TOP QUALITY!
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

oh duh, I guess Aura already tested that one :) Well anyhow it is going to be linked to the main page here shortly as well as most the other WAD files tested here.

Can someone with a spare CD download the QuakeDOOM off the page and test the rocket launcher to see if it works right? I am curious if that is just a problem with the WIn version of nxDOOM. Don't worry about wasting a CD, it is worth the burn.
archduke
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by archduke »

I was wondering about the command line and how to enter 3 wads into it (like the three in quakedoom). Do i need the path for each or just one path followed by the names of the three wads? :oops:
reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer

going to test some tc wads

Post by reaper2k2 »

ive found a nice site with lots of tc wads going to test a few ill post wich ones work later

heres the site

http://www.parkerinfo.com/dmdo/index12.htm
http://homebrew.dcemulation.com/dcgames/ *homebrew webbrowser games *

http://r2k2gate.topcities.com *dev site and my releases*
Im' a Commodorian are you?
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

ArchDuke

The pic based tutorial should be up on the page in a few, will make a post when it is ready.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

ArchDuke - You have to enter the paths for all three WADs. Like this:

Code: Select all

-file /cd/doom/wadone.wad /cd/doom/wadtwo.wad /cd/doom/wadthree.wad
I'll test QuakeDoom (I have a multisession dev CD with about 40 sessions on it already, so I won't waste a CD), but I suspect that it'll be the same on the DC. Still, if I test it then maybe I can find out what's wrong with it and fix it. Only problem is that I have a much newer version than the released one, so I can only tell you if it works on that.
BobBorakovitz
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by BobBorakovitz »

Hey, Robocop works great!
Funny thing is, is that it's for Ultimate Doom, and I don't have Ultimate Doom, it just seems to work fine on Doom 2!

Don't ask where I got it from though...I wish I remembered.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Robocopy DOOM is hosted by NewDOOM, and was supposed to be for Legacy, but I don't understand why, I never noticed any Legacy spefic elemts about it.

Anyhow the Burning Tutorial is up, this should fully answer all questions on howto, burn, where to put your files, how to make a MODLIST.TXT ect.

Everyone is going to have to hit refresh on the page till I can figure out how to automatically do that on its own each time you visit, so keep that in mind if it is not looking updated.
archduke
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by archduke »

okay thanks guys :D
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

QuakeDoom appears to work on my PC version - I can't see the glitch that XDelusion talked about. However, it won't work properly on the DC version (even though I haven't tried it yet).

Why?

I'm currently using the DC's sound RAM to store the sound samples. There's 2MB of this, and the player code uses about 200KB of that up, so we have 1.8MB of memory to load samples. QuakeDoom uses 2.4MB of samples, so they can't fit into the DC's Sound RAM. I don't actually know what would happen if you try to load more. It'll either crash the whole DC, crash the sound processor resulting in garbage noise or nothing, possibly followed by a whole-system crash, or some sounds won't work. I don't really want to risk it yet.

That's not much of a problem, because most of the sounds are sampled at 22KHz, and my sound code only plays back at 11KHz, so I can downsample them and reduce the size to about 1.4MB. The newer version of nxDoom I'm working on will probably be able to do this automatically, because a fair few mods use 22KHz sound samples.
BobBorakovitz
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by BobBorakovitz »

ok...here's some more I got working.............

slugfest
duke nukem doom
carwarz
dystopia 3
demonfear
cyber dreams
d2200 (I think that's what it's called)
darkening 1 & 2

don't remember where I got them from...
I beleive it was an ID Software mirror site in Australia if that helps.
:D
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Aghh, ok, thankx for warning them, my bad. As I said my DC is dead atm, will have a new one this week end I believe though.

That auto downsample feeature sounds great!
archduke
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by archduke »

Yeah quakedoom (doom2 got it from xdelusions site) just freezes at the title screen
goldeneye (doom2 also from xdelusions site) seems to work but i think it needs more (boom zdoom legacy whatever) features to say that it really works
Zombies (doom2 from an id ftp mirror my favorite so far) works pretty good but i think there are some probs with the ammo counter and item collection... or im senile
nintendo and disney doom... doom2 have to read the nfo's again. the site i got them from has vanished faster than a blueshirt on the enterprise. if you hate little italian plumbers and toons try these out... but there are no new levels i dont think there were supposed to be....
okay my spaghetti sauce is burning gotta go
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Hmm, Golden Eye in the latest legacy seems different than I recall, seems like I have A LOT more health from start (I used to start with a few hit points), and the pistol has no ammo at the beginning. I think all that used to be different when I used legacy 1.34 or something.

What exactly is it doing for you?

As for Zombie DOOM, I was getting to that one! Can't have DOOM without the propper tribute to George Romero. :) So how exactly does it seem off to you?

It is very hard to keep up with all this, I think I'll run a copy of this stuff under a DOOM port on Amiga os, and see how the DEH hacks are really supposed to act, as Legacy does not have 100% Deh copmatability, and Aura's version takes Deh to a new level from what I understand, so maybe it reponds to certain kind of script different than typical Deh support would. Am I right here Aura?

Oh ya, Quake DOOM, gonna work on that tomarrow if I get the chance, and I'll get those sound files degraded. We must have that working!!! :)
archduke
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by archduke »

The levels of goldeneye doom are working but some doorways or gates seem to be missing on levels like surface 1.
nukethis
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

AOD (Evildead3)

Post by nukethis »

Sorry guys, the Army of darkness(Evildead3) wad doesn't work. Just goes to a blank screen.... This really sucks!!! :)
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Strange, I'll have to look at that sometime, I know I have it on CD somewhere.
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

All of these were tested on PC NXDoom, due to my lack of having DC and some disks. Hopefully it will help anyways.

Zombies Doom (works)
SiN (weapons patch glitches)
Flamethrower mod (works perfectly) :twisted:
Goldeneye (couldnt even load in DOS, scrap this baby)
Immoral Conduct (numerous weapons glitches, similar to SiN)
QuakeDoom - not QDoom (worked, but error messages when I quit)
Osiris (worked perfectly)
Dystopia 3 (worked perfectly)
Dawn of Dead (console shut down, said something about missing texture)
Hell Revealed (works perfectly)
Ghostbusters ("PSpawnMapThing: Unknown type 5001 at (-584, -3296)") :cry:
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

I got the version of Goldeneye for normal DoomII/Legacy/whatever to work, but the DEH file that comes with it will NOT work. The WAD file contains an entry called DEHACKED with a working Dehacked patch in it. To use it on Beta1, you'll need to extract it. Actually there are two, but one of them is 0 bytes. On the newer version, it'll detect and load the DEHACKED entry from the WAD file. :D

Oh, and some of the sound effects were the wrong pitch.

QuakeDoom seems to work OK, but won't work as-is on a DC (yet) due the the sound effects using too much RAM. With some editing (which XDelusion was/is doing, I think) it'll work fine.

Dawn of Dead - Make sure you're using the correct IWAD file. I get this error when trying to use a Doom mod on Doom II, or a Doom II mod on Doom 1. I'll have to have a look at it though. Failing that, make sure that you are loading ALL wad files, that they're not corrupt, and they you're loading and DeHacked patch properly, and that doens't throw too many warnings.

Ghostbusters - I have a suspicion that it needs BOOM support. The error is because there is no Thing with number 5001 in Doom, so it must be in the DeHacked patch. Any other errors show up at all?
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Dawn of Dead - Nothing was corrupt and I did load it properly in NX, but the only thing I could get it to work on was Edge and GLEdge.

Goldeneye - I have found an early deathmatch only version of Goldeneye that works perfectly (minus the HUD, the face is just missing).

Ghostbusters - It does infact need Boom support, that is what it was based on. I was just hoping I would get a lucky shot and it would work....too bad
:cry: