|Best Available Emulator
For this system(s)?
|Refresh Rate||50Hz / 60Hz|
Here are the release notes by Scherzo:
Many questioned me when I decided to work on an emulator, many considered more than adequate. I had two main purposes for the creation of this newest incarnation of NesterDC.
First, improve compatibility and speed. The release of NesterDC 7.1 brought seemingly fullspeed emuation, but somehow compatibility dropped a couple of notches. Many games no longer worked that were fine in version 6.
Second, I wanted to see an emulator that had many useful extras such as screen shots, NSF music, cartridge scans, a favorites list, and more.
In the end, I have accomplished my goals. The result is an emulator that is, at the core, functionally an improvement over its predecessors but has a uniqueness that can easily be appreciated.
- Fullspeed emulation on 99.9% of games
- The most compatible Nester based emulator on any platform including PC
- Various game related images by which you can use to browse the ROM libary
- Configurable stereo separation of each NES sound channel
- An NSF player
- Insanely configurable controllers
- Full screen sretched and pixel-for-pixel video modes
- Built in Game Genie codes for many games
- Full color instruction manuals for many games
- User definable "favorites" lists
- Zipped ROMs
- Multiple save state slots (with the first slot being backwards compatible)
- VS games correctly work
- Ability to enter your own personal notes about a game and save these notes on your VMU