This section is currently undergoing a rewrite. Feel free to help writing tutorials. Old documentation is at the bottom
- 1 Tutorials
- 2 Old documents before rewrite of this page (probably outdated)
Please request tutorials in this forum thread
For chat support join the IRC channel
- About the CPU (store queues, DMA)
- Dreamcast Memory Map
- Gamepad input
- How to read and write data (romdisk, CD, VMU)
- About the DC graphics hardware
- PVR API vs OpenGL vs software rendering
- About PVR texture formats and compression
- Rendering geometry efficiently
- 2D rendering without using the PVR graphics chip
- How to load and display paletted textures
- Creating, loading and displaying KMG textures
VMU and other accessories
Official Development Tools
Old documents before rewrite of this page (probably outdated)
Free Development Tools
There are three free development libraries you can choose to start developing for the Dreamcast console.
He also released a pre-compiled version of the Code::Blocks IDE for Windows. Check it out!
Documents and Tutorials
A list of quite all independet/homebrew Dreamcast developers can be found here.