This section is currently undergoing a rewrite. Feel free to help writing tutorials. Old documentation is at the bottom
- 1 Tutorials
- 2 Old documents before rewrite of this page (probably outdated)
Please request tutorials in this forum thread
- IRC channel
- Compiling KOS on Windows
- Compiling KOS on OS X
- Compiling KOS on Linux
- About the CPU (store queues, DMA)
- Dreamcast Memory Map
- Gamepad input
- About the DC graphics hardware
- PVR API vs OpenGL vs software rendering
- About PVR texture formats and compression
- Rendering geometry efficiently
- 2D rendering without using the PVR graphics chip
- How to load and display paletted textures
Official Development Tools
Old documents before rewrite of this page (probably outdated)
Free Development Tools
There are three free development libraries you can choose to start developing for the Dreamcast console.
He also released a pre-compiled version of the Code::Blocks IDE for Windows. Check it out!
Documents and Tutorials
A list of quite all independet/homebrew Dreamcast developers can be found here.