99min or GigaRec-style discs?

This forum is for discussing Dumpcast or the TOSEC project itself. Post suggestions or ask questions about the project or the website here.

Moderator: Moderators

-=FamilyGuy=-

Post by -=FamilyGuy=- »

Hi,

@Xiaopang: (Hehey the guy from fileforums)

You can actually create a iso with mkisofs satrting at lba 45000 (mkisofs -C 0,45000 -V LABEL -l -o data.iso data) then isofix it to sector 45000. So the bootsectors and relative TOC will be copied in the begining of the iso, but the ip.bin will be at 45000 and the files after it. Maybe that to burn a gigarec 1.2X backup this way you'd be able to make it boot with a SD2.

@Darc: Yeah, nobody got a SD2, and it's almost impossible to create a backup of it, damn this disc is from 1998, before the DC specs were 100% Final, and got a better protection scheme than the 2001 games ...
My atemp to do a backup of it didn't worked neither... it even had the same exact bytes than the other on around on the net, beside the mods I didi in the ip.bin. (compared with the ms-dos command "fc"...)

I hope you'll find a way to do it with gigarec, meanwhile, I'll use 80min cds and 99min cdsd for games I love ...

-=FamilyGuy=-