extract files inside TOSEC dumps?

Post discussions on how to downsample and hack CD-based games here. Discuss the best ways to fit your backed-up game onto a CD-R, or other ways to play GDI files on a real console.

Moderator: Moderators

Mozgus

extract files inside TOSEC dumps?

Post by Mozgus »

Boy this isn't surprising. Just how in the hell can I gain access to TOSEC dump games' internal files? I need to do a selfboot of Fatal Fury. It is 5 tracks. Extract.exe doesn't work with BINs, only ISOs, so that tried and true method is screwed.

Combining tracks 3 and 5, and isofixing them and then feeding the image to isoboot didn't fully work. It broke the last few files, including the 1st_read. So what now? I need all the files inside tracks 3 and 5, and I need to know the proper LBA orders of them.

Another reason I hate this new standard :-\
Shoometsu

Post by Shoometsu »

open the .bin track with any iso file browser (i recommend you to use ultraiso) then select the convert option. then convert ito to a 2048 iso file. after that use extract.exe to extract the files.
darcagn
Site Founder & Admin
Site Founder & Admin

Post by darcagn »

Majinseed

Post by Majinseed »

if you need the LBA's i think this would be the best method:

convert both *.bin to *.iso using bin2iso, create a dummy of exact the same size as the audio-tracks between the two data tracks are, then do "copy /b <track1>+<dummy>+<track2> <newfile>".
afterwards run the new file trough isofix ("isofix <newfile> 45000").
now you can open the fixed *.iso using isubuster and create a FileList.txt which you can then convert to a sorttxt.txt for mkisofs (which you already knew? ^^)
Mozgus

Post by Mozgus »

Majinseed wrote:if you need the LBA's i think this would be the best method:

convert both *.bin to *.iso using bin2iso, create a dummy of exact the same size as the audio-tracks between the two data tracks are, then do "copy /b <track1>+<dummy>+<track2> <newfile>".
afterwards run the new file trough isofix ("isofix <newfile> 45000").
now you can open the fixed *.iso using isubuster and create a FileList.txt which you can then convert to a sorttxt.txt for mkisofs (which you already knew? ^^)
Um, can I just use track04.raw instead of a dummy? Or does it need to be the filesize of the track if it were 2048 instead? If so, I have no idea how to accurately do that.
Maddog
is awesome
is awesome

Post by Maddog »

No, track04.raw is always CD/DA track and therefore not 2048.
See the linked topic from az_bont about creating a .cue which includes the CD/DA tracks. Don't forget to add the gaps as described!

For a 5 track game like FF-MOTW you want to do, the .cue would look like this:

FILE "track03.bin" BINARY
TRACK 03 MODE1/2352
PREGAP 10:00:00
INDEX 01 00:00:00
POSTGAP 00:02:00

FILE "track04.raw" BINARY
TRACK 04 AUDIO
POSTGAP 00:02:00

FILE "track05.bin" BINARY
TRACK 05 MODE1/2352
Another reason I hate this new standard :-\
Many users were complaining about "incomplete" dumps when we did them in .iso 2048 at first *and* NullDC authors we talked with asked for RAW rips. Then a vote among dumpers agreed with that.
So, hate it or not, it's a standard way of ripping now, as voted for by public, dumpers and emu authors. Since files can be converted in all cases, I don't see a problem...
For the record, I personally voted for 2048 though. ;)
Mozgus

Post by Mozgus »

Maddog wrote:Many users were complaining about "incomplete" dumps when we did them in .iso 2048 at first *and* NullDC authors we talked with asked for RAW rips. Then a vote among dumpers agreed with that.
So, hate it or not, it's a standard way of ripping now, as voted for by public, dumpers and emu authors. Since files can be converted in all cases, I don't see a problem...
For the record, I personally voted for 2048 though. ;)
Well no one asked me, or told me about any "vote", so I'm not happy. The same goes for NoLogic. We were completely left in the dark.
Mozgus

Post by Mozgus »

Still waiting on an answer. None of the ones provided have fit the bill so far. There are major problems with all of them.
Shoometsu

Post by Shoometsu »

Mozgus wrote:Still waiting on an answer. None of the ones provided have fit the bill so far. There are major problems with all of them.
enumerate the problems found with each solution provided, then we may help you ;)
NU-NRG

Post by NU-NRG »

GDI's are wonderful things did you know they hold the starting LBA for each track? use BIN2ISO then use extract.exe on the iso's it works 100%!
Mozgus

Post by Mozgus »

NU-NRG wrote:GDI's are wonderful things did you know they hold the starting LBA for each track? use BIN2ISO then use extract.exe on the iso's it works 100%!
Read the god damn threads you post in. This method is not valid for +3 track games.
NU-NRG

Post by NU-NRG »

extract.exe track03.iso lasttrack.iso LBA OF LAST TRACK GOES HERE!!!!

This does work as all the info you need is here.
Majinseed

Post by Majinseed »

ok, i dunno what exactly was said already and don't want to read everything again - i'll just write down what i do to get the files and the fileorder...

1. run both *.bin files through bin2iso.
if you don't care about fileorder go on with step 4

2. take a look into your *.gdi, get the lba of track4 and the lba of the last track (track5 for now), now its time to calculate a bit: first do lba of track5 minus lba of track4, then multiply that by 2352. that should be the size for your dummy file in bytes. create a dummy file of that size.

3. execute "/copy /b <data track1>+<dummy>+<data track2> <newfile>"
run isofix 45000 over it. open the fixed iso with isobuster and save the file order...

4. exract the data using "extract <data track1> <data track2> <lba of data track2 from *.gdi>" on the iso created with bin2iso (the one from step 1)

now you have the fileorder (which of course you will need to edit with "makesort.exe") and all the actual data files. that should be everything ;)
Mozgus

Post by Mozgus »

NU-NRG wrote:extract.exe track03.iso lasttrack.iso LBA OF LAST TRACK GOES HERE!!!!

This does work as all the info you need is here.
Again, read the thread. bin2iso blows. It corrupts portions of the tracks. Or at least the 2 versions of bin2iso which I have. For example, IsoBuster shows corrupted files in track5, including the 1stread.bin. So this isn't a valid method for a 5 track game such as this.
NU-NRG

Post by NU-NRG »

It is a valid method as it works fine its just you. You have all the information you need here and refuse to accept you are wrong yet again. It works fine for 5 track game and others.

Mozgus your n00bery has outdone you yet again.