Aerodancing Featuring Blue Impulse - need your help!!!

This forum is for the discussion of dumping games. Get help with your dumping here.

Moderator: Moderators

Doronetty

Aerodancing Featuring Blue Impulse - need your help!!!

Post by Doronetty »

Hello!
I have a dump of this never released earlier game maded by my friend. I tryed to make gdi, but it's not working in NullDC. I think I was doing somethink wrong, so I ask for your help!
You can find this dump here:
[links removed]

First two tracks maded with CloneCD, third with BBand.
PLEASE HELP!
darcagn
Site Founder & Admin
Site Founder & Admin

Post by darcagn »

I am not at home right now so I can't download the image, but you should try using httpd-ack (available on our tools page) to dump the image. This will give you raw files (better) instead of ISO files and it will generate a .gdi file for you.

If you haven't posted back when I get home I will try to make a gdi for you.
MrSporty

Post by MrSporty »

Damn megaupload keeps failing on the 3rd part for me but having downed the other parts and looked at the files contained.

Im guessing your problem is that using CloneCD to dump the first 2 tracks it has actually dumped them as a combined Track1+Track2 .img and .sub.

What you need to do is use something like CDRWIN and extract the tracks individualy. Then you should be able to create a valid .GDI.

MrS
________
MARRIAGE ADVICE ADVICE
Last edited by MrSporty on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doronetty

Post by Doronetty »

If 3rd part dowloading not working, try this:
[link removed]

I tried make ISO by CDRWin, but it something goes't like - at the end of 1'st track report about error...
darcagn
Site Founder & Admin
Site Founder & Admin

Post by darcagn »

Doronetty wrote:If 3rd part dowloading not working, try this:
[link removed]

I tried make ISO by CDRWin, but it something goes't like - at the end of 1'st track report about error...
Use ISOBuster to extract track 1. When it complains about a read error at the end of the 1st track, tell it to omit the erroneous sectors. This is the pregap data for track 2; it is unreadable by any disc drive, including the Dreamcast's.
Last edited by darcagn on Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrSporty

Post by MrSporty »

I managed to grab the 3rd part when i got home, the cache at work was storing a failed d/l attempt :(

I have extracted the 1 and 2 tracks down to the usual .iso and .raw formats but when using them with a .GDI file , NullDC reboots to the main dreamcast menu. The .GDI i made looked like:

1 0 4 2048 track01.iso 0
2 450 0 2352 track02.raw 0
3 45000 4 2048 track03.iso 0

The track03.iso files do extract and i can view/play some of them so i cant imagine its a corrupt dump.

Any more ideas ?

MrS
________
Hydrocodone Rehab Forum
Last edited by MrSporty on Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doronetty

Post by Doronetty »

I have this problem with rebooting too :(
I think too that track03 is good - 'cause no problem with extracting files from it.
May be it's such sort of problem as with Ikaruga JAP - this game is not working with NullDC? If it's so you can report that this game is dumped... and we'll be waiting for the next NullDC release.
darcagn
Site Founder & Admin
Site Founder & Admin

Post by darcagn »

Just because you can extract the files and view them doesn't mean it is a good dump.

If you redump the game as raw files with httpd-ack, you can use CDmage with its error correction data and verify whether it is a good dump or not. You should go ahead and do that if you want to be sure.
Shoometsu

Post by Shoometsu »

I downloaded your dump, and extracted the files from the iso, applying the echelon selfboot method. the generated .cdi boots here, both nulldc and chankast EX, but the game gives me a blank screen if I choose the first option. the standalone mission and free flight worked fine here. there were only a few gfx bugs, but the game was working.
Doronetty

Post by Doronetty »

Shoometsu wrote:I downloaded your dump, and extracted the files from the iso, applying the echelon selfboot method. the generated .cdi boots here, both nulldc and chankast EX, but the game gives me a blank screen if I choose the first option. the standalone mission and free flight worked fine here. there were only a few gfx bugs, but the game was working.
So it's woking?! Can you please upload your CDI in Rapidshare or Megaupload? 'cause I'm not strong in ECHELON method to make it by myself...
Shoometsu

Post by Shoometsu »

Doronetty wrote:
Shoometsu wrote:I downloaded your dump, and extracted the files from the iso, applying the echelon selfboot method. the generated .cdi boots here, both nulldc and chankast EX, but the game gives me a blank screen if I choose the first option. the standalone mission and free flight worked fine here. there were only a few gfx bugs, but the game was working.
So it's woking?! Can you please upload your CDI in Rapidshare or Megaupload? 'cause I'm not strong in ECHELON method to make it by myself...
I'm very lazy to upload 670mb outside any tracker :P but I'll hellp you to selfboot it by yourself ;)

- download THIS FILE, wich includes a selfboot script and the file to extract the files from your iso file;
- unpack the file in any folder you want;
- copy the track03.iso to the "extract" folder
- run extract.bat and follow the script instructions
- copy ALL the extracted files to the folder "Selfboot ECHELON\data", less the extract.bat, extract.exe and track03.iso :P
- now run "LBA 0,11702 SelfBoot Eng.bat" from the Selfboot ECHELON folder
- follow the script instructions and type the parameters as listed.

ok. done, you can even mount the generated .cdi file in the lastest daemon tools and it will work, since I'm using the cdi4dc to make the .cdi file ;)

last note: the generated .cdi will be too big to burn in any cd, so if you really need it, you'll need to downsample and/or hack some files, and I don't know much about that (I hate rips :P)