Dumping PSO demo/ trial (J) not for sale discs - help

This forum is for the discussion of dumping games. Get help with your dumping here.

Moderator: Moderators

Treamcaster

Dumping PSO demo/ trial (J) not for sale discs - help

Post by Treamcaster »

Hey all. I had these rare discs laying around for quite a while, and today I decided I wanted to share them with the world.

They're both demo/ trial not for sale JP discs bought from jp yahoo auctions/ japan.
The first one only contains a movie of beta footage from the game Phantasy Star Online. I never saw any info online about it or met anyone who had this disc, so it must be extremely rare. The second is the Network Trial Edition, another disc that I think nobody dumped yet, it's a little more common, however still very hard to come by these days. Can be played again online on sylverant server thanks to Bluecrab.

------------------------------------------------------------
Title PHANTASY STAR ONLINE TENTOU DEMO
Media ID EBE9
Media Config GD-ROM1/1
Regions J
Peripheral String 0001000
Product Number 6107990
Version V1.001
Release Date 20001101
Manufacturer ID SEGA ENTERPRISES
TOC DISC
Title PSO NET TRIAL
Media ID F2D8
Media Config GD-ROM1/1
Regions J
Peripheral String 2799810
Product Number 6107978
Version V1.001
Release Date 20001025
Manufacturer ID SEGA ENTERPRISES
TOC DISC
I'm having some trouble in the dumping process. The first track contains no errors, however track3 is a different story: "Data track contains errors in the file system, content of data track may be displayed incorrectly." -CDmage
The discs are new, I unsealed them myself. I wonder what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
atreyu187

Re: Dumping PSO demo/ trial (J) not for sale discs - help

Post by atreyu187 »

PSO Network trial is dumped and verified check it against the dumps we have here to see if it is a good dump. I dumped this as well as ack and another user all three matched. The other I have seen but don't think we have it here but could be wrong as I can't check unverified dumps. but looking at Japanese section and you will definitely find the network trial disk data hashes to see if they match up. Never used.CDMage to test one of my dumps and have at least 100 verified disc.

Edit

Found the link for you. Seems we have four dumpers the the Network trial disc.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1269&hilit=network+trial

BlueCrab is in fact one of the dumpers of this disc but should be noted it only allows for the official pressed disc to go online. It has a check to ensure it is a Mode 1 GD-ROM not a Mode 2XA Mil-CD copy.
Treamcaster

Post by Treamcaster »

Thanks for the reply. However, I still don't understand why I am getting the errors, and what tools do I need to use to verify the integrity of the dumps? I tried opening track3 with poweriso, but the content don't display due to errors...
atreyu187

Post by atreyu187 »

You can't open the track03.bin high density track without first using ISOFix and adjusting the LBA to 4500. Do what I do dump twice and hash check. I don't use CDMage with GD-ROM disc in well over 300 dumps. Usually track03.bin is pretty solid. It is the CDDA tracks track04/track06.raw files is where most corruptions occur unless the laser is trash or the disc is utter shite.