Missing Dumps

This forum is for discussing Dumpcast or the TOSEC project itself. Post suggestions or ask questions about the project or the website here.

Moderator: Moderators

atreyu187

Missing Dumps

Post by atreyu187 »

Can I get a list of undumped NTSC-U, NTSC-J games that need verification or just dumped once. I got $400 I am going to get some DC games and I want to do some that haven't been done yet.
Maddog
is awesome
is awesome

Post by Maddog »

Hehe, that's an easy question to ask-rather harder to answer properly. :)

In short: I can give you my existing lists right away, but they are not 100% complete. I have several stuff waiting to be dumped from my collection, or even dumped but not yet entered in the dats. If you follow them at their current state, you might waste a little money. They are VERY decent and semi-accurate, just not perfect.
If you want me to just throw around some names of games that I know for sure that are dumped once and need a 2nd dump to verify, that's really easy to do. But in this case, your choice will be more limited, maybe focusing on some rare goodies (eg I have dumped once the Japanese version of Mars Matrix, Gunspike and The Lost Golem to name 3 cool games that wait a 2nd dump)

LMK what you prefer! :D
atreyu187

Post by atreyu187 »

How about both list? I don't mind spending money on games that have been dumped my collection is over 200 strong so I consider myself an avid collector and just because it is dumped doesn't mean I have it. :)

PS

I am mainly looking for NTSCU/J games, only PAL games I have are the exclusive games like Evil Twin, Shenmue 2, Head Hunter, and Rez all I think are verified.
fatman01923

Post by fatman01923 »

Yea I second Atreyu187, because I would gladly purchase some rare Gdroms that aren't dumped. :D Want to see the project finished and Dreamcast finally preserved so any list would be great!
Maddog
is awesome
is awesome

Post by Maddog »

Guys, I will work a little on improving my Excel files and then I'll gladly pass them on to you.
Thanks a lot for your dedication in Dreamcast disc preservation! :D

Just give me a few days...

In the meantime, I'll mention a few more cool Japanese games that are dumped once and are looking for their 2nd dump...
Bounty Hunter Sara
Cosmic Smash
Crazy Taxi
Death Crimson 2
Jet Set Radio
NBA 2K1
Pia Carrot He Youkoso 2.5
Power Smash
Puyo Puyo 4
Sega Tetris
Super Robot Wars Alpha
These are off the top of my head, there are TONS more. Give me a little time, but you can get started on any of these you might have or wish to get. :wink:
atreyu187

Post by atreyu187 »

I have Cosmic Smash for sure. Once my new dumper arrives I will do it ASAP. I don't have Jet Grind but I do have De La Jet Set Radio, need a second dump of that? If not I can do the first dump. Bounty Hunter Sara I am awaiting for it's arrival and I just bought NBA2K1 Japanese version, I also have NFL 2K1 Japanese that is a "sample" version with developers bible. It isn't opened but if needed I will open and dump for the greater good of the community.
atreyu187

Post by atreyu187 »

Check it out coming to a database near you soon!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280824072014#ht_1269wt_1189 **IN Hand**

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180649012011#ht_1226wt_907 ** Just bought tonight**

Attempting to acquire Kao the Kangaroo NTSC-U, Crazy Taxi NTSC-J, Jet Grind Radio NTSC-J (I have De La Jet Set Radio if needed), Bounty Hunter Sara NTSC-J (duh only region is was out on) and I also have Spiderman NTSC-U NiB awaiting my SD adapter to arrive to continue dumping since my SD card modded DC died and needs some TLC I can't afford ATM so I got an external adapter so I can continue the dump fest. Also I have a uber rare NFL 2k1 I keep displayed above me as I type. It is the NTSC-J long box "sample" version. Are there any known variants or has it even been dumped? So tempted to open and rip for you all.

Oh I am also in talks of acquiring the Drigmaga complete set as well as Dreamcast Express JPN Collection (7 volumes + Extra disc, for a total of 13 GD-ROM), aka Vol1+2+3+4+5+6+7+Extra disc for dumping. Well my collection first dumping is a great side effect.

I will need a new GD-ROM drive soon as mine has been tweaked twice now since I started dumping as the SD Ripper v1.1 kept saying not enough space on a 32gb SDHC card. Come to find out it was my laser being weak, gave that POT a slight counterclockwise turn and she was ripping again. Had to do it last time i ripped Karous to verify and spread into the wild as it like Border Down were confirmed but hidden amoungst he shadows, but now thanks to Maddog and I those images are at the normal places for everyone to freely enjoy some of the best SHMUPS of all time and the last of the Dreamcast retail library as well.
kirk

Post by kirk »

Ooh, nice to see some activity on the forum! :D I have a stack of about 30 NTSC-J games I've been meaning to dump... I'll see if I can get through them in the next week or so to prevent any duplicated efforts/expenditures.
atreyu187

Post by atreyu187 »

Well good news is the dumping of disc has begun my SD adapter arrived today and I won some new undumped/verified disc today off eBay but I have plenty to tide me over till then.
fatman01923

Post by fatman01923 »

Get ready to cross Bounty Hunter Sara and Power Smash off of the list! Just purchased from Ebay today. Will dump it first thing when they come in the mail sometime in March and hopefully verify pyrichlo's dumps. :D
atreyu187

Post by atreyu187 »

Sega Tetris just arrived in time for some system link gaming and a dump to see if we can confirm this rarity as well.