Torrent site

This forum is for discussing Dumpcast or the TOSEC project itself. Post suggestions or ask questions about the project or the website here.

Moderator: Moderators

Saosin

Torrent site

Post by Saosin »

I talked with darcagn a bit on WiiTorrents.net (I'm co-owner of said site) and I said that I would like to start a Dreamcast torrent site with only Dumpcast releases.

I'm thinking about calling it DCtorrents.

What do you guys think?
darcagn
Site Founder & Admin
Site Founder & Admin

Post by darcagn »

This tracker idea would be great, as it gives us greater control over the distribution of our releases. :)

In which country would the tracker be located?
Saosin

Post by Saosin »

Sweden.

Our siteop said he'd be glad to host a DC tracker. But he needs to get back home first (he's at his parents home this week). So we can have it up and running this weekend at its earliest.

I'd be willing to follow your upload rules to 100%.

EDIT: It seems he could do it from his parent's computer so now we've started the site. It's a cheap ripoff of WiiTorrents right now. But it's a start.
Check it out @ http://dctorrents.org/

BTW it would be nice if you could send me your MSN messenger name if you have one, or do you have any other way I can contact you all?
Altair89

Post by Altair89 »

So, I'm still trying to understand this all.
Currently is Grandia II (U) [T-17716N].torrent the only dumpcast torrent out there? I understand that the Dreamcast GDI Image Collection Vol.0001 ~ 0005 found on underground-gamer doesn't meet your standards. Are the only torrents that do meet the Dumpcast standards found on DCtorrents.org?

And what is everyone else using on NullDC?

By the way, great work on this project so far. I only wish I could offer some kind of help. Keep up the great work!
darcagn
Site Founder & Admin
Site Founder & Admin

Post by darcagn »

Altair89 wrote:So, I'm still trying to understand this all.
Currently is Grandia II (U) [T-17716N].torrent the only dumpcast torrent out there? I understand that the Dreamcast GDI Image Collection Vol.0001 ~ 0005 found on underground-gamer doesn't meet your standards. Are the only torrents that do meet the Dumpcast standards found on DCtorrents.org?

And what is everyone else using on NullDC?

By the way, great work on this project so far. I only wish I could offer some kind of help. Keep up the great work!
I just uploaded another one (Broadband Passport, though it's pretty useless). And we will be uploading a bunch this week, probably a few more tonight.

Those two are the only official ones as of right now.
Altair89

Post by Altair89 »

darcagn wrote:Those two are the only official ones as of right now.
Do you plan on uploading future official releases to UG or just DCT?
darcagn
Site Founder & Admin
Site Founder & Admin

Post by darcagn »

Altair89 wrote:
darcagn wrote:Those two are the only official ones as of right now.
Do you plan on uploading future official releases to UG or just DCT?
We will upload them to UG later on, I just don't know how we're going to go about doing it (single games, packs, etc)
Majinseed

Post by Majinseed »

umm, didn't want to open a new topic for this, but it seems like there are some files missing from dctorrents... "recover.php" for pasword recovery can't be found ;) would be nice if that gets fixed, so i can login ^^