Dumping Naomi PICs

This forum is for the discussion of dumping games. Get help with your dumping here.

Moderator: Moderators

Hellfromabove

Dumping Naomi PICs

Post by Hellfromabove »

Hey guys, found the link to this place on Mameworld forums. Anyway, I see that you guys have some partially dumped Naomi 1/ 2 games. Seems that the only thing that's missing from them is the dumped PIC for each of the games. Does anyone here know how to dump the PICs for the Naomi GD Rom games? If someone could post a tutorial on how to make one that would be awesome. I got a guy here that does a lot of import and export of arcade games and machines. As long as the game is used he'll let me borrow it so I can play them, test them, etc. So there are some rare games that he has that I would like to dump but of course they aren't good unless I can dump the PIC. So far I've sent a couple games that I could afford off to The Guru over at Mameworld and they should be arriving to him shortly. Don't get your hopes up they aren't that big of games, only Virtua Tennis GD Rom and WWF Royal Rumble Cart but anything is anything right now. Any help would be great. Thanks.

-Tha Hindu
________
Portable Vaporizers
Last edited by Hellfromabove on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maddog
is awesome
is awesome

Post by Maddog »

Hi there.
I don't think there's any easy way to dump Naomi PICs. It seems to need special equipment and skills. The only person I know that does this thing is the Guru, like you said yourself.
Hope someone else can provide more info. :?
Hellfromabove

Post by Hellfromabove »

There is one other person who does this, el semi. I talked to him about a month ago and asked him how he made his. He told me he didn't even build his, his friend built it for him and he just paid him. I've been busy and haven't been able to talk to him currently but when I do I'm going to see if his friend can build me one if I pay him. I do know one person who has a Katana and said you might be able to dump PICs from it. He wasn't too sure though. Anyone know?

-Tha Hindu
________
Free Gift Card
Last edited by Hellfromabove on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yesthanks

Post by yesthanks »

Hey guys!
I see boboPJ64 now has a working pic dumper an i think he is known on here, maybe he can help.You could also make one for your self...

Code: Select all

http://rapidshare.com/files/162142249/Naomi_Pic_Dumper.rar.html
Keep up the good work here guys!
Hellfromabove

Post by Hellfromabove »

Awesome, thanks yesthanks. Also, whoever has the VF4:FT and GG Slash if you wouldn't mind letting The Guru borrow it for dumping it would save me a little over $200 :lol:. Instead of having to buy these games that someone on here has I could put it towards a better, more requested, newer game such as GGAC or MBAA. That is if you aren't able to get the PIC dumper working, hehe.

-Tha Hindu
________
Crosman hunting grains pointed 1250ct
Last edited by Hellfromabove on Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hotaru

Post by hotaru »

@Hellfromabove- donated & shipped [GDL-0033A] GUILTY GEAR XX SLASH Mon b/f last. GUILTY GEAR XX ACCENT CORE & MELTY BLOOD Actress Again are rather expensive atm & a tad new. developers are still making money on these games both in AM & console markets. better to invest in a rarity or something like BORDER DOWN which could be purchased for ~US$200 or less.
Hellfromabove

Post by Hellfromabove »

hotaru wrote:@Hellfromabove- donated & shipped [GDL-0033A] GUILTY GEAR XX SLASH Mon b/f last. GUILTY GEAR XX ACCENT CORE & MELTY BLOOD Actress Again are rather expensive atm & a tad new. developers are still making money on these games both in AM & console markets. better to invest in a rarity or something like BORDER DOWN which could be purchased for ~US$200 or less.
Thanks for supporting the cause man, much appreciated. Guess I can put the money towards another game now hehe. I will go ahead and ask my friend/ japanese arcade supplier how much he can get the rest of the games on Guru's list for just in case some of you are interested in buying some for donation or personal use. Thanks.

-Tha Hindu

P.S.: Anyone care to make me a PIC dumper? I'll pay :D.
________
HONDA VTR1000
Last edited by Hellfromabove on Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hotaru

Post by hotaru »

@Hellfromabove- post a price list. if you're thinking of investing in the NAOMI GD-ROM SYSTEM you should consider also buying a Dreamact & Broadband Adapter. dumping is quite easy & we could use the help in documenting.
Hellfromabove

Post by Hellfromabove »

hotaru wrote:@Hellfromabove- post a price list. if you're thinking of investing in the NAOMI GD-ROM SYSTEM you should consider also buying a Dreamact & Broadband Adapter. dumping is quite easy & we could use the help in documenting.
I have 3 dreamcasts so that's no problem. Finding the broadband adapter though will be quite hard since they only pop up on Ebay once in a blue moon. Yes, when I get a PIC dumper working then I will help dump games and document.

Also, just wanted to let some of you know, hopefully Friday I will be purchasing Gundam Federation vs Zeon Cart and Virtua Striker 3 GD Rom.

-Tha Hindu
________
Weed vaporizers
Hellfromabove

Post by Hellfromabove »

You know what, scratch that, seems that he already has Virtua Striker 3. Looks like that means I get to spend money on something else, hehe. I will be buying the Gundam today but should I also purchase Border Down or Trizeal at this point? Thanks.

-Tha Hindu

EDIT: Purchased Virtua Striker 4 GD Rom, Mobile Suit Gundam vs. Zeon Cart, and World Series '99. I'll probably purchase either Border Down, Trizeal, or Puyo Puyo Fever later in the week.
________
COLORADO DISPENSARY
yesthanks

Post by yesthanks »

Things are starting to move along now, i see guru dumped the key for slash already. Hotaru give it a test run in nullDC an let us know how it goes, any chance you are making your GDI dump available? :wink:
Anyone started there pic dumper yet? i'm still sourcing parts.
Hellfromabove

Post by Hellfromabove »

yesthanks wrote:Things are starting to move along now, i see guru dumped the key for slash already. Hotaru give it a test run in nullDC an let us know how it goes, any chance you are making your GDI dump available? :wink:
Anyone started there pic dumper yet? i'm still sourcing parts.
Hey yesthanks, when you build yours if you would be able to build an extra for me that would help a lot. Of couse I would make all my dumps available here. Anyway, I got a GREAT deal on Border Down and Puyo Puyo Fever (pretty sure Puyo Puyo Fever is a gem to find or something like that) so I went ahead and bought those. So the games I have purchased so far are:

- Border Down GD-Rom
- Chaos Field GD-Rom
- Mobile Suit Gundam vs. Zeon Cart
- Puyo Puyo Fever
- Virtua Striker 4 GD-Rom (Triforce)
- Virtua Tennis GD-Rom
- WWF Royal Rumble Cart
- World Series '99 Cart

I've only received WWF and VT, still waiting on the others. I really hope this helps the Naomi emulation scene.

-Tha Hindu
________
Fz150i
hotaru

Post by hotaru »

@yesthanks- can't test until i fix some minor issues w/ my PC. maybe some screens this weekend. as for making this unverified dump available to the general public, nothing doing.
yesthanks

Post by yesthanks »

as for making this unverified dump available to the general public, nothing doing.
No probs, was worth a shot. :lol:
BTW if you get an incorrect key error from gdrom2rom the memory region given in the lst file is still correct, you then need to use the descrypt method (on this site) to get the rom. This is of course if you use nullDC.
Hellfromabove i'll keep you posted, biggest prob's the pcb, don't wanna build it on a project board but thats just me.
Hellfromabove

Post by Hellfromabove »

Alright guys, I think I found a way to games for almost next to nothing (kind of). If it works out for me I'll let you guys know about it in the next couple of days. Right now I'm trying to get GGAC.

-Tha Hindu
________
Weed vaporizer