CDDA re-link

Post discussions on how to downsample and hack CD-based games here. Discuss the best ways to fit your backed-up game onto a CD-R, or other ways to play GDI files on a real console.

Moderator: Moderators

TuxTheWise

CDDA re-link

Post by TuxTheWise »

Anyone knows how do I re-link CDDA tracks? For example: add a dummy audio track01 and make game plays track02 as track01, track03 as track02, and so on. Echelon has used that a lot, so I was wondering if there is an easy and generic way to do that.
Shoometsu

Post by Shoometsu »

did you try to use cdda.exe in the main binary of the game to use cdda audio in ripped games?
TuxTheWise

Post by TuxTheWise »

Shoometsu wrote:did you try to use cdda.exe in the main binary of the game to use cdda audio in ripped games?
Yeah, but it links first CDDA track (track04 in GDI) with track01 in CD. I would like to link first CDDA track (track04 in GDI) with track02, so I would have a free CDDA track to use as dummy.
-=FamilyGuy=-

Post by -=FamilyGuy=- »

Hex compare a unahcked files and a file hacked with cdda.exe then try to find out waht happenend to the bytes that has been changed. Most likely the changed bytes will be a number in hex, as a reference to the number of the first audio track.

If you can't figure it out. post the comparaison here, I'll give it a go.

FG