what make hack4.exe???

Post discussions on how to downsample and hack CD-based games here. Discuss the best ways to fit your backed-up game onto a CD-R, or other ways to play GDI files on a real console.

Moderator: Moderators

idiot

what make hack4.exe???

Post by idiot »

Hi,

I had seen that under Tools from the Dumpcast site is the Tool hack4.exe

I had never seen this Tool and would asked for what that is.

I know the other tools, like dahack, hack3.eexe, etc, but not the dahack4.exe

I have read that`s impossible to hack with normal methods Protections in Games like Sonic Adventure 2. But I have the idea, that this tool hack this.
Of course, it's only an idea :-)
Majinseed

Post by Majinseed »

nah, hack4 is just doing the same stuff as hack0 to hack3, all in one app.
afaik the prob with sonic adventure 2 etc is that those games don't use a generic protection.

in german so you don't have to think to hard:
hack4 macht genau das selbe wie hack0 bis hack3, halt in einem einzigen programm.
das prob bei sa2 etc ist imho das bei diesen spielen eben eine spezieller kopierschutz zum einsatz kommt der eben nur bei diesen spielen vorkommt.
idiot

Post by idiot »

Ahhh okay,

thx. Does any one know a good site, who inform somebody about all the Copy Protections ????

I know that all the Hackingtools change some Hex Values and so change the LBA. But I would be lucky, if I would have more information about it.

A site with more information would be great
Shoometsu

Post by Shoometsu »

to solve most specific selfbooting issues I got info from El Bucanero's Dreamcast Rip Database. It's the largest rip & selfbooting database that I know, for sure...
idiot

Post by idiot »

thank you very much.

This it what if searched for.^^