Armada

Post discussions on how to downsample and hack CD-based games here. Discuss the best ways to fit your backed-up game onto a CD-R, or other ways to play GDI files on a real console.

Moderator: Moderators

TuxTheWise

Armada

Post by TuxTheWise »

I made a working CD-R version of this game from my GD dump files. I used bincon in 0WINCEOS.bin and edited IP.BIN for WinCE support. Music track is a shorter version of the GD track because original music wouldn't fit in the disc. The track plays fine when I start the game.

The only problem: in GD, music starts from the point it stopped after you pause the game, but in CD-R the music starts from the beggining of track again. Any idea why it's happening or how to fix it?

Thanks for the help :)
TuxTheWise

Post by TuxTheWise »

Originally I used music track as track04 (and track01-03 as dummy), but I just tried using track01 as audio and music still plays fine, but it still resets after pause/shop/whatever.
TuxTheWise

More information

Post by TuxTheWise »

I just made a test disc where I used whole CDDA track (without ripping the end). I ripped a lot of data/sound files, it was just a test disc. Well, music still resets. So it seems problem is not the size of the music track, but something else that I have no idea what is.
Captain Dreamcast

Post by Captain Dreamcast »

Interesting problem, Mr. TheWise. Hmm, my best guess is that it has to do with the different CDDA behaviour between KATANA and WINCE.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE!