Dreamcast ODE/G1ATA mods

Post discussions on how to downsample and hack CD-based games here. Discuss the best ways to fit your backed-up game onto a CD-R, or other ways to play GDI files on a real console.

Moderator: Moderators

atreyu187

Dreamcast ODE/G1ATA mods

Post by atreyu187 »

darcagn wrote:Nice to see you back :)

That is feels good to contribute to my favorite scene/system. I see there is now an ODE in the works. If only I could actually make one or even buy one I'll be happy. I managed to keep all my NTSC-U set but almost all my JP games are gone and all my PAL titles are except PSO v2 as I still have both my BBA for online play.
darcagn
Site Founder & Admin
Site Founder & Admin

Re: Hello Kitty Garden Panic [Not for Sale] (JP)

Post by darcagn »

atreyu187 wrote:
darcagn wrote:Nice to see you back :)
I see there is now an ODE in the works. If only I could actually make one or even buy one I'll be happy.
Can you do basic soldering? If so, the G1-ATA mod is pretty easy to do. Video of mine here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UifB6JWYHc
atreyu187

Post by atreyu187 »

I can do some descent soldering but would rather pay to have someone else do it or trade some rare items TBH. Got an easy to follow guide? I am horrible at read schematics. I can do a chip install and such. And any chance this can be internalized as I only have my Sega Sports with official yellow top and my rev0 with third party clear shell and with a 7 year old in the house I need it clean as to not be destroyed.
darcagn
Site Founder & Admin
Site Founder & Admin

Post by darcagn »

atreyu187 wrote:I can do some descent soldering but would rather pay to have someone else do it or trade some rare items TBH. Got an easy to follow guide? I am horrible at read schematics. I can do a chip install and such. And any chance this can be internalized as I only have my Sega Sports with official yellow top and my rev0 with third party clear shell and with a 7 year old in the house I need it clean as to not be destroyed.

It doesn't really require a schematic, it's just soldering the 40 pins of an IDE cable to 40 points on the bottom of the DC mobo. No components needed, just straight to the points. Each point is actually a test point on the mobo. so the points are large and easy to solder to. None of it requires precision soldering.

If you would prefer a SATA HDD instead of an IDE HDD, you'll need this IDE2SATA adapter: http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Inch ... B000ZLM9IA
(it has to be this one, as this one properly supports master/slave selection -- most don't support it or don't support it properly)

It can be internalized, but it's a tight fit. I'm currently working on internalizing mine right now, but I haven't gotten around to finishing it yet. Here's some pictures of the outside case, with an eSATA connector, but the eSATA isn't hooked up yet as I just haven't had much time lately. The other issue I'm having is this rolling bar of interference on the picture when the HDD is hooked up. Not sure what exactly is causing it. Haven't been able to investigate further.