Dreamcast SD Card Dumping

This forum is for the discussion of dumping games. Get help with your dumping here.

Moderator: Moderators

atreyu187

Dreamcast SD Card Dumping

Post by atreyu187 »

Ok so I no longer have a BBA but I do have an SD card mod installed. Anyhow I have a few BETA's I want to see added. So I have dumped the disc using Dreamshell v4.0 BETA and DC SD card ripper to obtain the data. Both dumps from each match. I even dumped three times using DC SD ripper as it only takes 30-40 minutes to rip a disc where as Dreamshell takes well over 6 hours?!? Anyhow would you accept this form of dump? I have made selfbooting images with all my BETA's and they work great and they work on EMU as well. I would just like some confirmation and I will begin to post some for you all. I will host them pn a tracker as well for you all to try out till they can be confirmed. Sorry never submitted a DC game to TOSEC though I have done Saturn and PSX games before.
Maddog
is awesome
is awesome

Post by Maddog »

I am not familiar with this way of dumping. Are the dumps produced identical to those with a BBA? This is easy to check if you try dumping one of the already verified discs and come up with the same checksums.

If that's the case, we can gladly accept your submissions. And hopefully verify them at some point-single user dumps (even when done multiple times) are not acceptable for entry in TOSEC dats, otherwise I would have added tons more Japanese stuff. :D
atreyu187

Post by atreyu187 »

I dumped Ready to Rumble Round 2 White label and it matches up perfectly and that is all 5 tracks and GDI checksums matched. It gives you the option of ISO or BIN and dumps audio RAW with a GDI and info about the rip. Everyone of my dumps so far have been identical and not once have a seen a variation so I believe it to be just as accurate as the BBA as my dumps match your database. It is really easy to dump this way as well and only takes 30-40 minutes to do a whole disc. This would get you more dumps quicker as it is much cheaper than the BBA at only $25 and then anyone can dump DC games.

Adapter for those that don't want to mod

http://dc-sd.com/ $22 USD + shipping

DC SD Ripper in CDI format.

http://www.fileserve.com/file/TtrmtNv