Dumpcast Tools for BBrip

This forum is for the discussion of dumping games. Get help with your dumping here.

Moderator: Moderators

Nologic

Dumpcast Tools for BBrip

Post by Nologic »

This add's two items to your Send To RightClick Contextual Menu.

Send To shortcuts only valid when sending track01.iso & track03.iso

Note: Track.txt must be present for Phase 1 to work correctly.

DC Phase 1 will create the following files GDI, LOG, MD5, Post_This_*.txt

DC Phase 2 will create the following files 7z (this takes a while), Torrent, then move the required files to a new self named folder.

DC Settings will allow you to alter 7zip SMP support, Tracker used, Comment used, Pathing used.

This was designed for the truly lazy dumper in mind...ie myself :)

Version 1.40
*Update*
Now renames the dump directory to proper name of disc
Altered handling of files to be torrented
Send To shortcuts should now work in Win9x
-----------------
Changed casing in Post_This_*.txt & file naming.
Fixed some issues that would cause the app to hang
Added 7zip verification of archive
Added sane window placement

Simply extract any where, then run the Setup.exe to create the required Send To shortcuts...from there on out its all done via the context menu.

This is meant as a continuation of Darcagn's exellent ip2post batch script, which this is largely based on.

Many thanks go out to Mozgus for testing and debugging along with several suggestions that made their way into the app.
Last edited by Nologic on Thu May 31, 2007 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mozgus

Post by Mozgus »

Confused here. They dont seem to do anything. Further instructions would help.

Edit: Forgot to mention that all is well. Tool is very easy.
Last edited by Mozgus on Fri May 04, 2007 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guiile

Post by Guiile »

The dumpcast tools , not open in winXp??
Nologic

Post by Nologic »

They will work in XP...I just have a minor bug I need to fix...and a few minor safe guards to add in.

I'll with luck I'll be updating it later today.
Guiile

Post by Guiile »

:) The great news... I go to wait then, therefore the current version did not open here... But exactly thus great work... I wait... ps: waiting dump gdi of Marvel versus Capcom 2 rssrsrsrs :)
Nologic

Post by Nologic »

Application updated and may very well be the last...as we titer on the edge of a new dumping application...that likely will not need many of the functions found in this.
MASTERXZ

Post by MASTERXZ »

Thanks for the Tool :D
Shoometsu

Post by Shoometsu »

I'm using windows xp sp2 and none of the executables opens here. was that the compatibility matter posted a few posts above?
Nologic

Post by Nologic »

Well when you run the Setup.exe it basically silently creates three shortcuts in your right click contextual menu.

DC Phase 1
DC Phase 2
DC Settings

None of the other executables do any thing directly...certain files must be passed to them in order to work...namely track01.iso or track03.iso...other wise like you said they will do nothing.

If you don't have a "Send to.." contextual menu then you or some one else has altered your OS...I can not or should I say I will now go out of my way to alter anyones OS...the most I do is create those shortcuts in the "Send to.." contextual menu, and change certain folders to be viewed in "List" format.

The only compatibility issue was earlier versions didn't create shortcuts in the contextual menus for Win9x...that should now be solved...even tho it wasn't a reported problem...but some thing I added just to cover as many bases as possible.

Okay here is the basic run down on using this.

1. Extract archive contents to hard drive ideally "C:\Program Files\" so that the path to Setup.exe is "C:\Program Files\Dumpcast Tools\Setup.exe"

2. Double click Setup.exe in "C:\Program Files\Dumpcast Tools\"

3. Use BBrip to dump a game to a folder ideally some thing like "C:\Dreamcast\Current Dump\"

4. Open up your dump folder and right click on ether "track01.iso" or "track03.iso" and select from the contextual sub menu of "Send to.." "DC Phase 1"

5. Wait till "DC Phase 1" completes this is normally evident by the "Post on Dumpcast.txt" being displayed

6. Post contents of "Post on Dumpcast.txt" in the proper forum on this site

7. Right click the dump folders background...which should now be named according to the file you dumped...and select from the contextual sub menu of "New" "shortcut" now give it the address of the post you did in the forums on Dumpcast, then click "Next", now give it the proper name of your dumped file, then click "Finish"

8. Right click on ether "track01.iso" or "track03.iso" and select from the contextual sub menu of "Send to.." "DC Phase 2"

9. Wait till "DC Phase 2" completes this is normally evident by the "Archive Test Results.txt" being displayed

10. Now unless you edited your "_settings.ini" you should have "C:\Dumpcast\" folder opened which contains the archived and torrented version of your current dump...which is now ready for you to upload to DCtorrents, then to seed
Shoometsu

Post by Shoometsu »

ok, now I understood. Thanks. But there's another problem here, when I try to send track 01 or track 02 it's always giving me this error:

Note:
I've dumped it through serial cable, and created the tracks 01 and 02 following darcagn's tips posted in this topic (using isobuster and eac). what can i be doing wrong :?:
Nologic

Post by Nologic »

Okay well I see the problem...the log file created by Dreamrip is different than that created by BBrip.

I'll see about creating a modified version for Dreamrip...please post what the typical name is for the log file for Dreamrip is...along with its contents...then ideally I should be able to come up with some thing.
Shoometsu

Post by Shoometsu »

seems that the logfile is "track.txt" (is the only created file but the data track). The matter is that it always gives me an "access denied"error. i'll try to access it, and post it here asap.
Shoometsu

Post by Shoometsu »

ok. File "track.txt" accessed. content:

Code: Select all

STREET FIGHTER 3 3RD STRIKE
no type   start   size    MB
session 1
1 DATA       0    450    0M
2 AUDIO    450    738    1M
session 2
3 DATA   45000 504150 1032M
info also displayed in dcrip during data dumping:

also, can you confirm if is this a correct gdi for this dump?

1 0 4 2048 track01.iso 0
2 450 0 2048 track02.raw 0
3 45000 4 2048 track03.iso 0

is that true that nulldc can run these gdi images properly? because with this gdi there was a lot of errors on data reading being shown in the console.
darcagn
Site Founder & Admin
Site Founder & Admin

Post by darcagn »

track02.raw is supposed to have 2352, not 2048
Shoometsu

Post by Shoometsu »

darcagn wrote:track02.raw is supposed to have 2352, not 2048
the error in nulldc remains the same, even in 2352 mode