Dreamcast Dumping Script (for Win10 and *nix)

This forum is for the discussion of dumping games. Get help with your dumping here.

Moderator: Moderators

darcagn
Site Founder & Admin
Site Founder & Admin

Dreamcast Dumping Script (for Win10 and *nix)

Post by darcagn »

I've been buying a lot of discs lately and needed a faster way to both dump/post info and to verify that my discs are good.

Usage: dcdump.sh [dreamcastIP]

Features:
  • Downloads all tracks automatically using default dumping parameters
  • Spins down GD-ROM drive when dumping is completed
  • Prints GDI and file size/hashes to the terminal so that you can quickly compare info
  • Generates postinfo.txt file with everything ready to go for a perfect post here at Dumpcast. Just write in your ringcode and paste into a new post.
Download here
or see the text of the script here if you can't download .sh files for whatever reason.

Saying "Win10" in the topic is slightly misleading -- on Windows 10 if you enable the "Windows Subsystem for Linux" feature and install the Ubuntu app for free from the Microsoft store, you can get a bash prompt that is compatible with this script. You may have to run "sudo apt install libarchive-zip-perl" to get crc32 functionality working, but all the other commands in this script should be compatible.

I've tested on OS X Mavericks, OS X Snow Leopard, and Ubuntu. On OS X, you will need to install wget first--the easiest way to do this is by using a package manager such as Homebrew, fink, or MacPorts. The hash generation code relies on OpenSSL so make sure that is installed too. Everything else should be standard on any common *nix distro.

Comments and suggestions welcomed. I will be happy to address any cross-platform issues to get it running on your system.
Maximilian1st

Re: Dreamcast Dumping Script (for *nix)

Post by Maximilian1st »

Hi,
is your script able to output the nicely coloured text as in this post viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1744 and is it still up to date? The httpd-ack image is to be found on the forum right?
Thank you in advance for the kind answer,
Max.
darcagn
Site Founder & Admin
Site Founder & Admin

Re: Dreamcast Dumping Script (for *nix)

Post by darcagn »

Bump. The script link was broken and the forum BBCode messed up the text of it in the post.
I've fixed the script link and also added a text link if needed.