Dumping using JJ1ODM's Parallel port ripper.

This forum is for the discussion of dumping games. Get help with your dumping here.

Moderator: Moderators

-=FamilyGuy=-

Post by -=FamilyGuy=- »

Just tried it and it works pretty fine at a steady 100 kB/s !

It's just sad we can't upload binaries tot eh dc memory and executed them like with a normal serial cable, or rip in 2352bytes/sector mode.

It still worth it a lot!

PS: The 1.5kohms resistor connected to the 3.3v and pin4 of DC-serial isn't needed with a desktop pc, in fact it works better without it (random connection problem with it).

Thank you MrSporty for this great info !

FG

[EDIT]
Anyone know where I can find the application (.exe) that can convert a data track read as audio into a real 2352 data track ? I know it exist but I can't find it anywhere. It'd be greatly appreciated.
fackue

Post by fackue »

-=FamilyGuy=- wrote:Anyone know where I can find the application (.exe) that can convert a data track read as audio into a real 2352 data track ?
What do you mean a real 2352 sector data track? If you mean remove the sectors so it's read with the ECC removed, bin2iso works. Just rename the data track to .bin and it'll remove the ECC code and save the data as a .iso. I'm not sure if bin2iso actually checks if the .bin is a filesystem or not -- it probably just removes 266 bytes after every 2048 bytes and continuously loops the whole file.