Finally Got BBA Setup

This forum is for the discussion of dumping games. Get help with your dumping here.

Moderator: Moderators

atreyu187

Finally Got BBA Setup

Post by atreyu187 »

So until now BBA dumping has taken me the better part of an hour or more. I used a crossover cable instead of the router method today for fun as I found a cord and was going to try using HDL_Dumb for PS2 but said let me give this a shot. Anyhow it took about 18 minutes to dump a disc this way. I think it may be my new method since I now have multiple DC's now. HEre is a screen shot to show you the speeds and time to d/l I was amazed it was so much faster with just a straight connection.

Maddog
is awesome
is awesome

Post by Maddog »

This is the way I've always been using.
BBA with crossover cable directly to computer's network port (my mobo has 2 network ports so I can use the other one for the Internet router)

I have seen you before mentioning in UG that BBA dumping is "slow" (something about 1 hour IIRC?) and was always wondering why you felt so, since my dumps were always around the 20 mins mark. Seems we agree now, probably your previous setup was to blame. :wink:
atreyu187

Post by atreyu187 »

Oh yea I'm thinking somehow it wasn't kicking into 100mbps and just staying at 10mbps. This is much faster now but SD is only a little while longer and just two presses of thevX button.
Nologic

Post by Nologic »

hmm must be a router thing...as when I typically dumped it would take more than 20min a shot...not sure if it hit a hour ever...but it certainly dragged on.
atreyu187

Post by atreyu187 »

Yea as it is stupidly fast with just a crossover cable.